New heroes/Villains, not more revamps

Options
rekzkarz
rekzkarz Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
MPQ devs,
Please stop making new star versions of same heroes that don't have radically different art, or something awesomely unique, when we still are missing so many great heroes /villains.

No more Hawkeyes!!! I never liked any Hawkeyes, even with Jeremy Renner giving it his best.  I'd guess very few folks are elated to see a 4*  Hawkeye vs a Hulk & Hawkeye wins.  It's just something to hate.

So here's my list of wanteds: Alpha Flight team, Watchers, Inhumans, New Mutants, Apocalypse, 4 Horsemen,  Creeper, Abomination, Modok, Claw, Namor/Submariner, Adam Warlock / Magus / Pip, orig Xmen Thunderbird, Banshee, Kitty Pryde, Jocasta, Toad, Blob, Havok, Vanth Dreadstar, Syzygy Darklock, Negasonic, etc.

Marvel has so much great source material!!!  But making 4-5 Venom clones is actually frustrating for players who only want the one good one & would happily chuck (*TRADE???) the others.  (And if you ever re-did Juggernaut as a 4*, just upgrade everyone's 2*'s instead!!!!)

And also why can't we field multiple versions of heroes -- except Wolverines?  (And please, no more Wolverines!!!!)

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    At least make the cover art for 5 stars and 3 stars radically different.  How many times have you been half asleep and chosen the wrong Thanos or Strange?

But yes, agreed, but I think they may be limited by whatever Marvel decides to *tinykitty* out.

*Removed inappropriate language - Ducky
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's easier to make sure your art assets are finished within the 2 week deadline if all you have to do is copy and paste existing character art & change the hairstyle
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pogo said:
    It's easier to make sure your art assets are finished within the 2 week deadline if all you have to do is copy and paste existing character art & change the hairstyle
    Yeah, I meant whatever you call the character icons you select when choosing your team.   And yeah, I see the point, and if I played with my glasses on, I would actually see the damn stars on the icon as well.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adam Warlock might well show up at some point, since he was teased at the end of GotG2.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't mind the rehashes so long as the power sets are distinct.  3/5 Thanos, Starlord, and Hawkeye are the "gold" relationship, traditionally deemed the "lazy" versions.  I'm really not a fan of that.  It's double-dipping on the business side, and hardly warranted by demand.  I doubt anyone wanted 4 different versions of Hawkeye.

The reused art is disappointing.  Maybe there's a business reason for it, though.  Could be they're allowed to go ahead with the basic art and just change the costume so long as it's appeared in the comics, but a new pose/frame would require they pass it by Marvel for approval.  Or even have to commission it from the original artist?
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gambit; Sabretooth; Rogue; Cable; Sunspot; Omega Red; Silver Samurai; Firestar; Emma Frost; Kitty Pride; Namor; White Tiger; Electro; Sand-Man; Valkyrie; Domino; Vulture

Or Updates:
    Wolverine *** > Sabretooth
    Daken *** > White Tiger
    Human Torch ** > Emma Frost
    Cap.Marvel ** > Firestar
    Blade *** > Cable
    Bag-Man ** > Sand-Man
    Storm *** > Electro
    Punisher **** > Silver Samurai