v2.1 Release Notes *Updated (5/22/17)

15678911»

Comments

• Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Note that events from prior sets as well as current PvE events have no restrictions on card sets, and you can build decks using any card in your collection.

Okay, so you've contradicted yourself yet again. Trial of Zeal is restricted in deck building. So what's the truth?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Gun Bunny said:
    Note that events from prior sets as well as current PvE events have no restrictions on card sets, and you can build decks using any card in your collection.

Okay, so you've contradicted yourself yet again. Trial of Zeal is restricted in deck building. So what's the truth?

I think the reference was meant to say current pve
    events will not be restricted. pve coalition events
    (which is in a different category to pve non coalition)
    will be restricted.

HH
  • ynvoKK
    ynvoKK Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    my nahiri first strikers deck are completely useless with this **** bug!
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby
    Why is the training grounds event not standard? Since it is PvP, shouldn't it be standard? It makes little sense to test your PvP decks against non-standard decks. 
  • dragonslayer
    dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Wow awesome update finding my self stuck with 3.1 in trial of zeal event because i cant use my cards any more .cards that i spent almost a year collecting .
    going against a full mythic deck in 3.1 is totally infaire .the change was playable in pvp but pve common.
    Im really happy so happy that im gonna quit

• exosect
    exosect Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
     I find this entirely distasteful, you claim that our full collection shall still be usable in PvE events, but instead of actually allowing that they make the challenge a coalition one, thus making previous cards null and void, what a nice work around they  just happened to come up with. I honestly like the idea of standard, and truely enjoyed the PvP event because of it, which is what makes this so very, very disappointing and distasteful.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Current vs future. 

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. It would appear that the information clarifying that Trial of Zeal follows the PvP deck restrictions was included in the Pre-Release Notes, but not in the Release Notes. I have corrected all release note articles, and re-added that information.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since you're online here, @Brigby

Is there a deadline for the ToZ event, or will it run out when the boss is dead? Would be probably just in time before the next ToZ begins. If so, a short information in advance would be great!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Laeuftbeidir

If the boss's health doesn't run out, then the event should automatically end around 5/24/17 at 3pm UTC. Hopefully for June, I'll be able to do a monthly sneak peek thread that's updated with weekly events ahead of time. 
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    @Laeuftbeidir

If the boss's health doesn't run out, then the event should automatically end around 5/24/17 at 3pm UTC. Hopefully for June, I'll be able to do a monthly sneak peek thread that's updated with weekly events ahead of time. 
    If?

Well played sir, well played  :D
  • Lightcell
    Lightcell Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Has anything been said or done about compensation? I don't think I got anything nut my inbox always says there is something in there when nothing is there
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    LakeStone said:

Trial of Strength: Runs for 72 hours.

Restricted Planeswalker: Gideon of the Trials

Top end rewards: Climb the leaderboards to win great prizes! The top five players in Platinum will win 300 Mana Jewels, 150 Mana Crystals and a Rare Amonkhet Card. In addition, each member in the top two coalitions will win 80 Mana Jewels, 120 Mana Crystals and a Rare Amonkhet Card. Check out the rewards in-game for full details!

Node Objectives:

Gideon of the Trials Node
    - Summon 3 or more creatures with Embalm
    - Lose 2 or more creatures during a single fight

Colorless Node
    - Summon 3 or more Zombies
    - Lose 5 or less creatures during a single fight

Colorless Node
    - Cycle 3 or more cards
    - Cast 4 or more spells during a single fight
    It would seem that someone doesn't understand the term "more" (and also "less"). How is it that these kinds of things always, always, always happen in the first iteration of new events? Tell me again about testing and how it happens. I still won't believe you.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    I have a theory that design team hates this game so much that rather than help with QA to even have a quick glance before final release they will rather knock up some fancy wallpaper.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Zw2007, you don't understand that this is a business, and their job is to keep the economy strong, and thus broken events help the economy.  Just like the optimal current drop rates and great communication.  Just ask @Ohboy