Trial of Zeal and Standard this isn'tworking!

Options
I hate hate hate this event!

Not because its too hard or ball breakingly frustrating.

No I hate this event because I can't use all my cards.

Standard is terrible.

There's a two-thirds of my cards are now locked away like my my Mom's good dishes that we can only use on special occasions. And you better not think about touching them.

Also, it may seem like something minor but I hate having to cook up a deck for every single different opponent on the fly and if I want to change the deck I have to make up a brand new deck. I spent hours practicing and experimenting with my old decks and now I have to make things up on the fly. Why didn't you give us a slot just for standard. 

Screw that!

I know that there are players that just started and they can't compete with people who've played from day 1 and others who've spent thousands of dollars. I like using all of my collection. You know what D3 I have a simple solution. Have standard and legacy. Those who want to play with just the most recent sets (and with one hand tied behind their back) can and those who want to play all out can do so. 

This game keeps moving backwards and I hate it.

Every time D3 makes what they think is a progressive move its actually just the opposite.

This is just sad

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm hoping that this is just a bug and was not intentional.

This is a PVE event and as such we should be allowed to use our entire library.  These events are balanced against our entire library, after all.

In the end, though, this new Trial event is literally the least challenging event.  Since I cannot complete it with my "Standard" library, it becomes an auto-skip.  Pretty much the easiest event in existence!

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Steeme In the pre-release notes, Brigby stated that PVE events were Legacy, EXCEPT for the coalition challenges.

This was also confirmed here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/684319/#Comment_684319

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll chime in as a Platinum ex-whale and say that I'm loving standard, specifically because I can now stand half a chance of actually competing.

I never acquired Olivia, Decimator or Ulrich and I was so exhausted from being reliably beaten by Koth/Kiora decks designed solely around churning out a steady stream of OP mythics.

I am also enjoying having to cook up a deck for "every single different opponent on the fly". It's not boring at all and feels more like a deck building card game, and less like a resource grinding pachinko machine-feeding simulator.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I prefer this much more than playing the same deck again and again. And with the event decks, changing cards is really easy. I'm also kind of glad I cannot just rely on my bombs but have to think outside the box.

So, this is working.
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So they seriously think this is properly tuned for standard?  Lol!  I swear they could drown in the rain.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    knightly valour + murder investigation
    still provides a good defence versus non flyers
    and non trample. add aerial modification and
    enshrouding mists for a one turn defence.

many players will have these common or
    uncommon cards and they can also be cheap
    to cast.

it won't win you the battle but can remove some
    of the damage, giving you more time.

I like how standard have brought back old
    combos that were lost with the power creep.

I don't like not being able to play lone rider.

HH
  • Dsagent
    Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I really like standard PvP
    Against these ai decks it is horrible
  • gillkonam
    gillkonam Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    The insult is some cards don't even work as printed, so the shiny sword you think you have is actually foam when you hit someone. And frankly it's a real big pain to constantly have to sideboard your entire deck all the time. This isn't paper magic tourneys here, its a fun phone game. Having to think that much constantly in time-limited contests is silly.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:

to cast.

HH

I'd like to see you use Knightly Valour + Murder Investigation against node 3.2

Build your deck and make a video please.  We will grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

• Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if the devs even played through Trial of Zeal themselves.  The loading screen for 3.3 has GODS_OF_AMONKET_TITLE as the name, then its ability is named GODS_OF_AMONKET_ABILITY_NAME, with the description Gods_of_Amonket_ability.

Very descriptive.

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Steeme said:
    hawkyh1 said:

to cast.

HH

I'd like to see you use Knightly Valour + Murder Investigation against node 3.2

Build your deck and make a video please.  We will grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

I use murder investigation and brawlers plate in
    3.3. it's job is to buy me some time hopefully
    until I can get a defending rhonas out. adding
    something like scrapheap scrounger might make
    it better. I don't have the cycle cards.

(for me it takes a god to beat a god. you need at
    least one card that can win you the battle)

HH
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

it is frustrating not being able to deploy into op creatures and win easily.  I used to get really annoyed people posting videos  "how to beat node what ever" which just consisted of casting Olivia over and over. A card that I do not have.

I'm enjoying being forced to think outside my comfort zone and use cards I've not used. deploy, piggy Ulrich are all cards I have become used to using. They have become a crutch and made the game stale.

I'm finding there are lots of great cards in Amonket and you don't need the op SOI cards to win with