Options
2»

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    OK seriously. 

I have never had trouble getting 5 Vehicles out in firf. My problem was dying occasionally in red node. 

Are you guys just playing with 1-2 vehicles or something?
    My decks have 4 vehicles each one support creature, like Padeem, to make them hexproof. 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I despise the addition of the 4th Node. At least Nodes of Power back then caps at 3 plays per node, totaling 15 games, while this is, what, 8 per node for 32 games? I know it's for 2 days, but still feels too grindy for me.

That aside, as per the usual Enraged match, getting 5 vehicles out is definitely not easy, even with Smuggler's Copter and Bomat Bazaar Barge. But at least if you have them, it's relatively doable.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bigger brackets, more matches - less rewards.  What will be next?
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also missed the 5 vehicles objective in only one game so far in 17 games. I run 7 vehicles on the red node and 6 in the others... I had some tough challenges and lost one battle. But I think it is worth trying to receive the 2nd objective. And it a challenge. Isn't this something you guys look for? (On a side node, I would be okay with easy wins and less challenge s here and there, but that the fate of mediocre players and spenders I guess).
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    OK seriously.

I have never had trouble getting 5 Vehicles out in firf. My problem was dying occasionally in red node. 

Are you guys just playing with 1-2 vehicles or something?
    I just play one in my Kiora cycling deck. Id say on average I cast it about 7 times before I win.
  • Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Silver player here. With 5 vehicles, I achieve the second objective 90% of the time.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [arNero] said:
    I despise the addition of the 4th Node. At least Nodes of Power back then caps at 3 plays per node, totaling 15 games, while this is, what, 8 per node for 32 games? I know it's for 2 days, but still feels too grindy for me.

That aside, as per the usual Enraged match, getting 5 vehicles out is definitely not easy, even with Smuggler's Copter and Bomat Bazaar Barge. But at least if you have them, it's relatively doable.

And way way way back in the original nop that everyone gushes about, we played 5x(3+11) for a total of 70 games. 

Wow that's a lot of games. Loved it though. 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I personally don't like 48hs events, at least with current rewards. Seem to much grind, doesn't feel worth it. What I am doing is entering only at the end and playing 6 charges.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Well, I'll try it - at least for progression rewards - and maybe I'll change my mind.

Rebuild your decks every event if possible. It's so convenient now that you can just build it from the event tab itself. 

You get to play new cards and ideas more. Substituting 2 cards out of your standard deck to meet specific objectives obviously makes anything boring. 
    Nop, still boring.
    I'll usually build my decks new for every event - I know my possible synergies and can quickly adapt. This event is all about getting vehicles on the board without dying or killing the enemy to early. And the same ones in nearly every deck.. It's not a challenge in deck building, it's.. Meh.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I LOVE THIS EVENT. Beating people super easily with a bunch of common vehicles is super satisfying, don't want this event all the time, but once a fortnight will be nice. :)
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, here's a tip, play with 5+ vehicles. My decks mostly have 7 vehicles in them. (Except kiora cuz restriction.)
  • Copioso
    Copioso Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    Bigger brackets, more matches - less rewards.  What will be next?
    Having to play 7 vehicles each game?
    (dear lord, if any of the devs still read these threads I really hope no one takes this seriously)

• mournfen
    mournfen Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Delnai said:
    wereotter said:
    Only problem I can see is because you have to cast so many, and because the match is enraged, you're pretty limited as to which vehicles you can realistically use, and now all 4 nodes feel identical.
    (Except the 20 or less life objective, 'cause I've learned my lesson: that's just too risky in these enraged matches. Though maybe without Olivia and Pig around anymore I should give it a try again?)
    Image result for its a trap meme
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 words : Brawlers Plate. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:

I think the problem with this event is more that they set the same secondary objective on all four nodes regardless of colors. The white and the red nodes could have been vehicles since those two colors have all the support for that strategy with cards like Start your Engines, and all the pilots to give vehicles added abilities. But after that, the blue and the green nodes could have gone another direction. Maybe energize for blue and fabricate for green.

I agree with this. More diversity in mechanics is welcome. I'm actually very glad to see that the Amonkhet events, so far, aren't following the Firf-Emo template.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Has nobody noticed this event has not only doubled in length but also got an extra node (+33% games) but the rewards are still the same as in 1 day 3-node FIRF?

I thought I was reading pre-patch notes saying those events were supposed to have rewards increased because of the doubling of length. Bug? At those rates I'm not playing this...