Trial of Ambition trigger wording

Options
Delnai
Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
When I play Trial of Ambition, I am asked to choose a creature to kill. There are two options in the box, "Not Now" and "Select." If I hit "not now", the support comes into play and I am never able to kill a creature with the ability. This is confusing; with every the card (that I can think of) for which these options appear, choosing "not now" prevents the card from being played. If the current card is working as intended, play change the "Not Now" text to something that makes it clearer that it really means "Not Ever", like "Pass" or something. 

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't have oath of lili or oath of nissa, I assume? Same for them : Supports always get autocasted, the effect triggers after the support is played. If you want to avoid that, disable the card on your hand until you need it (I burned some before learning that, of course)
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wish I had Oath of Lili! I know about disabling, so the card is perfectly playable. My suggestion is to change the wording so that people don't get screwed the first time they play the card. 

It's also worth mentioning the Trial is a slightly different case than the Oaths, since it does absolutely nothing when in play. The wording is bad for all the cards, but it's even worse for Trial since it's  more reasonable to think that tapping "Not Now" for a Trial would keep it from being played.