No events/tg?

Options
Gormhaus
Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
There are currently no events including training grounds? Story mode is all that is available righr now?

Comments

• Gaitreli
    Gaitreli Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, it's probably in preparation for an update this afternoon/late morning.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup. The app is getting an update today for the Amonkhet expansion. Means nothing else is running till that's done. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Release of AMK was announced for today (if nothing unexpected happens). Maybe they didn't want any update to interfere with a running event to avoid problems.. For me, it's a good sign!
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Of course if Quick Battle were still around we would have that to play right now too.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seriously.  No news on download. And no events. In a game the devs have said they are moving towards more event based play and then don't list any events.  My team are outraged.  What's the point of having a game if you can't play any games.   At least let everyone know why there are no events.  Thanks. Rant over 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They alluded to Tuesday being the release date in another thread. If I'm not mistaken, I've read previously that they are at the mercy of the App Store/Play Store making them available as well, after they've submitted their final build. 

A few hours without an event is not a tragedy.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember when they let events run through an update? 

Those were great times amiright? Make mtgpq great again! 
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madwren said:
    They alluded to Tuesday being the release date in another thread. If I'm not mistaken, I've read previously that they are at the mercy of the App Store/Play Store making them available as well, after they've submitted their final build. 

A few hours without an event is not a tragedy.
    Been 9 hours so far for me. Thumb twiddling.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't have a problem with waiting, as long as it's for the update. But the communication skills are still as low as ever. I'm not sure D3 realizes that a large group of players never go to the forums and have no idea what's going on most of the time. Members from my coalition are often clueless that there is anything new going on. And when I say it's a top 20 coalition, I don't say it to brag but to make the point that even many top players only get their information through the game itself which means they get almost nothing.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There you go! New events!
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's out, in case you hadn't seen it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the lack of events this morning. We were recently informed, as I'm sure some of you are aware by now, that the recent 2.1 update will be introducing new events to fill those gaps.