Amonkhet Card Gallery *Updated (6/26/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
UPDATE 6/26/17: We released another batch of new cards to the Card Gallery today that is coming to MTGPQ on June 30th.
UPDATE 6/6/17: We released a number of new cards to the Card Gallery today that is coming to MTGPQ on June 9th.
UPDATE 5/15/17: I added the updated Masterpiece Card Gallery below - 

The Amonkhet Card Gallery is now available for the cards that will be available in the game on Tuesday.  Please note, we will also have a couple of new Masterpiece cards available starting on Tuesday and these will be shared in the Masterpiece Gallery on Monday.

Find the new Card Gallery here - https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-amonkhet/
The Masterpiece Card Gallery - https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-masterpiece/

Have a great weekend!

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @LakeStone I see just two exclusives here. Is that accurate?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    .. On Tuesday..

Maybe I've overread it before, but that is new to me!
    I'm excited to see the cards in play before settling on an opinion.
    Also, until now I've only seen one card I'll abuse without hesitation if I get to lay my hands on it.. So it looks balanced to me
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Power creep definitely.  No gamebreakers at the first glance. I like cartouches and trials - may be fun. And the anti-disable may be useful.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    .. On Tuesday..

Maybe I've overread it before, but that is new to me!
    I'm excited to see the cards in play before settling on an opinion.
    Also, until now I've only seen one card I'll abuse without hesitation if I get to lay my hands on it.
    I guess I let the cat out of the bag, let's call the Tuesday announcement our expected date but I do not see any delays on that release date at the moment.

.octal9 said:
    @LakeStone I see just two exclusives here. Is that accurate?
    Right now, those are the special offers currently listed.  We plan to update the gallery with additional cards once they are ready to show at a future date.  Please note, I need to update the list of Angel of Sanctions as an exclusive.  I'll do that shortly.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Right now, those are the special offers currently listed.  We plan to update the gallery with additional cards once they are ready to show at a future date. 

If the set releases Tuesday, when is this "future date" you are referring to? Monday?
  • Razrbck08
    Razrbck08 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How do you know which cards are exclusive?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still haven't stopped making cards which literally no-one is ever going to play, I see.

A 15 mana 2/2 Defender? Presumably the cost is so high because not only is it affected by the 'common tax', but y'all still think that Defender is a huge buff to a card.
  • shteev
    Options
    And please, PLEASE stop putting '-1/-1' on cards. Play your own game some time, and see just how irrelevant it is.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    And please, PLEASE stop putting '-1/-1' on cards. Play your own game some time, and see just how irrelevant it is.
    -1/-1 counters a a large part of the paper set, not surprising to see them here at all. Sadly we are missing all the cool things you can do with them in paper like take them off of creatures, move them around, etc.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those monuments are crazy! Expensive but amazing once you get them out, is bet. 

Channeler Initiate is backwards, and that's disappointing. I liked in paper magic that she's a 0/1 that makes mana for removing -1/-1 counters on her then is a large presence once she no longer provides mana. 

Also watch for Final Reward in every black deck since it's still cheaper than the kill spells in Origins, and is a common...
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really like this set! The mechanics and interactions are interesting, and it also seems a clear step in the direction of toning down the power level of cards. Removal is decent, with black having 7 and 8 mana removal spells, and a lot of relevant cards have been kept in common or uncommon. In addition, it seems like each colour has a better defined identity, which I really like.

More importantly, the mythics are decent, but not really so overwhelming that you will go "well, they have that card, guess I lose". Something like angel of sanctification is really really powerful, but you wont be hopelessly behind if you haven't spent 39,99$ to buy it. Most mythics seem to follow this trend: They are good, but not overpowering, kudos! 

Also, there are a lot of really bad cards, like pretty much all the rare trials, but I am fine with that, not every card needs to be super powerful, especially in a game where not everyone can acquire them. 

The gods also seem very fair, although the white one is incredibly nasty. It is ironic that what has been deemed the worst god in paper, is the best god in puzzlequest by far in my opinion. 

Support removal is at a good price, but cycling seems insanely powerful. Many of the cycling cards are cards that are mediocre or bad if cast normally, but insanely powerful if you cycle. To give an example:

1 mana: gain 5 life, draw a card.

That is INSANELY good!

It also seems that Black is the best colour in the set BY FAR, they have some commons that could easily be rares in other sets. I mean, a 2 mana 2/2 that draws a card, which can also be a straight up 7 mana 6/6? Not what I expected at uncommon!  Or how about a 5 mana 4/5 with a drawback that can easily be bypassed?

In addition, I feel like you have done a good job of keeping Sarkhan and Arlinn kord relevant planeswalkers, simply due to the cards they will be able to combine, which i really like! 

Overall, I feel that while this might be a relatively weak set compared to the set of puzzlequest, it is a really well designed set, and I consider it a bonus that it bring the power level a little back down to earth, meaning that new players with few rares or mythics will still have a decent shot at competing!

Well done! Pass my congratulations to the design team @LakeStone

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thuran said:

The gods also seem very fair, although the white one is incredibly nasty. It is ironic that what has been deemed the worst god in paper, is the best god in puzzlequest by far in my opinion. 

Are you kidding? The white god is crazy good in paper magic. I think the red one was the worst. Funny how much better Hazoret is here since you can just exile cards from your hand at will. I think the black god is going to be the worst of the bunch here since you can only ever have three creatures out at once. I'm looking at his abilities and remember how I never use Ayli....
  • TracksuitDracula
    TracksuitDracula Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow only 2 exclusive cards and one of them still manages to be the one I want the most lol
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    However, whilst you can exile at will, you also tend to have more cards in hand compared to real MTG, so not sure whether it is better or worse, but definetly one of the better ones.

The big difference in paper magic is that the other gods are a lot stronger, with Rhonas apparently taking the gold, however both Bontu and Kefnet are a lot better in paper magic. So while the white god is good in paper, it seems people agree that the others are just better. Likewise doubble-strike is a lot worse in paper magic compared to puzzlequest magic, especially when she can just be chumped by 1/1s, and it is easier to wipe the board or prevent the board from building up in the first place, compared to puzzlequest where it is not difficult at all to fill up the board in the first few turns. 

Furthermore, real life magic does not give you the ability to give all your creatures +4+4 at will, Nahiri does, which is a huge factor in making Oketra a lot stronger than the other gods in puzzlequest :) 
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They have ruined prowling perpopard and I'll never forgive them.
  • shteev
    Options
    Wow only 2 exclusive cards and one of them still manages to be the one I want the most lol
    What are the odds.
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm glad Final Reward is here.  we're losing the other good black kills (though i never had them).  

Where's my Fling?!  I want my Fling!!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First Impressions - Mythics:

Anointed Procession - This will make Embalm an amazing mechanic if you happen to get it.
    Bontu The Glorified - Seems like wayyy too many drawbacks to make it worth using... 
    Cascading Cataracts - can potentially be powerful, but I am not a fan of those x-turn activated gems.
    Combat Celebrant - Awesome. The "Lightning Runner" of the set (and will combo amazingly well with Lightning Runner and another heavy.)
    Curator of Mysteries - A 6/6 for 10 is not bad on its own, but getting card draw on Cycle could be a great draw engine.
    Glorious End - Seems like a pretty solid board-wipe and/or game-ender for cheap, but I bet it will combo well with Embalm mechanic.
    Glorybringer - Solid overall. 8/8 plus opponent creature damage
    Hazoret The Fervent - Meh. I usually like having a lot of cards in my hand, maybe with some SOI red discard cards this can be worth using.
    Kefnet The Mindful - ...is it just me, or are the Gods very underwhelming?
    Neheb The Worthy - Seems like an interesting unique card. Could be fun to play with, but not sure of its viability yet.
    Oracle's Vault - This can be an awesome card, depending on how many shields you have.
    Rhonas The Indomitable - Seems a little more useful than a couple of the other gods but I still don't like it.
    Sandwurm Convergance - I like it. Hurts your opponent and creates a solid creature every turn.
    Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun - Another solid strong creature with good extra abilities. Nice
    Vizier of Many Faces - Might be my favorite creature of the set. Can see it get insanely big quickly.
    Vizier of The Menagerie - A little pricey for the power/toughness but I like its extra abilities. Not bad, not great.

I'll do the rares later...
  • shteev
    Options
    Thuran said:
    cycling seems insanely powerful. Many of the cycling cards are cards that are mediocre or bad if cast normally, but insanely powerful if you cycle. To give an example:

1 mana: gain 5 life, draw a card.

That is INSANELY good!
    Yeah, we're all assuming that we haven't understood exactly how cycling works, because that does seem crazy.