*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• I think what he's saying is a reminder of the number and type of traps that have been placed would be nice, not an indicator of where they might be. It's obviously not crucial but I can see if you got a long game and you even disarmed a few you could be like 'is that the last red trap or not?' It's technically info you have all along if you always have your eyes glued to the screen, but it's easy to miss.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would be nice if there was a Daredevil animation of him placing a damn trap.
    Never thought I'd complain that there should be more animations to slow things a bit, but there we are. I agree I often just miss the text that whizzes by and don't bother being cautious when making matches, like avoiding the potentially 11,000 damage red match when I don't necessarily need reds.
  • Would be nice if there was a Daredevil animation of him placing a damn trap.
    Never thought I'd complain that there should be more animations to slow things a bit, but there we are. I agree I often just miss the text that whizzes by and don't bother being cautious when making matches, like avoiding the potentially 11,000 damage red match when I don't necessarily need reds.

I've fallen victims to many traps of whose existence I was not aware of. Bye me.
  • I usually don't forget how many traps there are on the board at any given time, but I do forget what color the trap tile is. It only tells me that a tile has been disarmed, but which colored trap tile was disarmed? An indicator for what color trap tiles are still on the board would probably be best.
  • I have the same problem, but I just spam the board with mStorm a few times (all of her skills nullify DD's purpose. Especially black and red. I suggest spamming Hailstorm twice to cover the colors, first, and then Mistress for Radar sense).
    There should be a line under the board saying '1, 2, ... enemy traps remain (1 Radar sense/2 Ambush/1 Equalizer)' or smth.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    I have the same problem, but I just spam the board with mStorm a few times (all of her skills nullify DD's purpose. Especially black and red. I suggest spamming Hailstorm twice to cover the colors, first, and then Mistress for Radar sense).
    There should be a line under the board saying '1, 2, ... enemy traps remain (1 Radar sense/2 Ambush/1 Equalizer)' or smth.

I originally went with the idea of a line, but couldn't see a way to place it without cluttering the board. But a misplaced indicator -- that would tell that something was somewhere, and the coding would be nearly identical.

And yes, mStorm is awesome against DD -- especially in the jungle or desert. Add in Hood, Magneto, or OBW, and mStorm is unstoppable in those environments after getting 6 red or so.
  • locked wrote:
    I have the same problem, but I just spam the board with mStorm a few times (all of her skills nullify DD's purpose. Especially black and red. I suggest spamming Hailstorm twice to cover the colors, first, and then Mistress for Radar sense).

Letting the attack tiles/strike tiles take over the space where the trap is at is a huge problem and makes DareDevil a risky character. If it didn't cover the tiles then you would know where the trap tile is, making it not so much of a trap, but it could still serve a purpose when enemies are limited to matching certain tiles.
  • Daredevil could be more reliable, if his traps registered as basic tiles for enemy team alright but STILL kept their trap status if not destroyed by an ability. e.g. Thor can convert traps to yellow or green, but they remain traps. That would only leave env. tiles and only one character in the game can deal with them directly. I guess a tile can't be special for both teams at once. But then again someone in Simulator thread managed to steal an enemy black Trap from Don with Moonstone and still benefited from all the enemy countdowns, thus a two-sided special tile is somehow possible?
    Trap's description: Trap does 111 damage for each allied Countdown tile. instantly downing the target if there are more than 5.
  • Come on guys, traps should be made more sturdy and sneaky, not the other way around. We have a marginally useful character as he is, other threads fight for improvement.

If you go fighting on the enemy territory do you have signposts on how many traps are there? Updating as you go on? Those who care about it can count the activations.

OTOH after all the passed months we still miss vital indicators of things like which kitty muscle controls a certain counter -- make the devs work on those please.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    JusticeB wrote:
    hetchel wrote:
    For anyone interested (and I suggest this info to be added to the opening post) traps can be activated even if DD is stunned (I believed otherwise, so was very "****?" when I activated one against the AI... Luckily, it was "only" a blue one)

Not only that, but his Ambush (red) can also be wiped out by Wolverine's Feral Claw attack which places a red strike tile on the board. I've had this happen to me a couple of times after placing the ambush only to see it get blitzed by Wolverine's tile. icon_eek.gif

I think this is intended, thus why DD has a huge damage on that ability, the activation while stunned I can see being a bug.
  • why is D3 so obsessed with putting daredevil as a must use character almost exclusively in missions against minions?
  • I'm not sure...
  • Because being blind, DD has to choose the battles wwhere he has no chance of being hurt. "They fight back?!? I'll sit this one out guys!"
  • I bet without those mandatory PvE battles (and rare DD PvP tourneys) nobody would use him anyways. They're trying to somehow justify his existence. Just my educated guess. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Well they've created a role for him in the stories, he's new and new characters get featured in PVE quite frequently, and he creates a more difficult battle.

Whether you like that or not is debatable, but it's not like there's no reason for him to be there.

I don't enjoy using him in PVE but the same can be said for being forced to use Captain America.
  • Anyone that lets me 'trick' a level 230 Dr. Doom at full health into killing himself with a red match 4 is fine by me.

Yeah that isn't going to happen every time but it was fun to set up.

And while that scenario can't really take place against minions it's all about putting the best team out there. If Daredevil needs my help I'm going to send him someone that can put strike tiles on the board, or that needs blue/purple ap or has high hp.

I'm not going to go so far as saying all complaints about this are invalid but it is what it is. And honestly I'd hate having Bag-Man there and his only role is pve so I'd rather try to get Daredevil to work outside of his/my comfort zone.
  • I am at a loss as to why the trap tiles are randomly generated rather than placed by the player.
  • Because there are people like me that chose to sell DD covers for HP instead of keeping his sorry **** on my roster.

No regrets
  • For the Daredevil versus minion missions, I'm not sure what's the complaint. Would you rather have Daredevil fight The Hood instead?

And against the level 230s the usual overkill damage from his red trap is actually significant. Is that going to compel people to level him up? Probably not, but I can certainly see being able to blow someone up for 10K or so can very quickly turn a game around.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malkavian wrote:
    why is D3 so obsessed with putting daredevil as a must use character almost exclusively in missions against minions?

Because it makes them harder? They are generally the high scoring missions in the sub.