Sorry but your PVP is ****

Xiu99
Xiu99 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
What the hell is going on, if you don't want me to get Jean Grey, just put under your description (only for whales). Two years passed and this **** is still the same. Win: +31, after coming out of battle, -105, happened for like 3 battles straight and from 887 dropped to like 500+, what **** is this? I even bought 5 health packs and all 3 shields just hoping to secure Jean Grey, one of my favourite characters but ending up facing this **** where I spend 2 hours only to end up at 500+ getting some **** 2* covers? Hello, I'm only at SCL 6 with 6 championed 3* INCLUDING steve rogers and I have multiple 5* covers and I do use them. Take note, it is 10 HOURS away from the end of event. What ****. Guys, wake up, if you like Marvel, go play Contest of Champions of Future Fight. Stop playing this ****, wasting your time to get nothing. I happened to comment because I created an account in the past to look out for update details. Now that the game will soon be off my phone, so will this forum.
Tagged:

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Dude.  Sorry.  Once you get past 700, you are swimming with champed boosted 4 stars and champed 3s are a tasty snack.  I am on day 310, and I have 10 champed 4s, and I get smacked down without shielding up Before 650, i would lose 50-70 points with a boosted Rulk, IM40 and 3Cap.  Usually by teams with boosted Carol, Rulk, and CAp.  PVP is practically impossible for you to hit 900 without boosted 4s, let alone 3s.  
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's hard to do well in PVP until you have invested either a lot of time or money on the game. And it could be a lot... I'm talking years of time or thousands of dollars.

Of course there are some who spend less time or money than others, but it takes a lot of effort regardless.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your expectations are out of whack.  You probably can't hit 900 without boosted champed 4*s.  If you're playing a boosted champed 3* with two 5*s, then no wonder why everyone attacks you.  Partially covered 5*s and champed 3*s don't scare anyone. 
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    PvP is awful, yes. That's pretty much a given.  But if there's a character you really want and you're prepared to put in both time and effort, then that effort is best spent learning to optimize your strategy, rather than brute forcing points. 

Learn how to shield hop with a fast team, play in the appropriate slice, get on LINE and join an alliance which will give you cover in the form of a truce with a lot of the people who would otherwise target you at that level, and you'll stand a solid chance.  Not guaranteed, mind you, but it can be done.

Playing pvp is like any other kind of competition, in the sense that there are people out there who *know what they're doing* and you'll be utterly crushed if you aim for good rewards thinking a base level of skill is going to get you anywhere. The roster is just the beginning.
  • Xiu99
    Xiu99 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I shielded myself at 850...then when my shield is gone I tried to win 2 battles, which is like 5 mins, only to find out that I dropped to 700+ in 5 mins. I didn't give up and tried to climb back but only to drop lower. Well I'm just trying to get my fav character. It's irritating, I used so many shields only to get ****.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    I don't think it's fair for those with championed 3* to have to face championed 4 and 5*. I've been playing for almost 8 months, I'm getting bored of story mode, but I still hardly have any chances of earning anything good at PVP, regardless of my clearance level. I'm not quitting yet, but it is frustrating. And this tinykitty about alliances: most of them are private and don't just let anyone in. I suspect the ones with the best roosters. don't even let new comers in and I don't blame them. It would only be fair that those with better roosters fight among each other for better prizes and let the new comers fight for lower ones. Not too low though- with my championed 3*, best I can hope in PVP is some 2* covers and maybe, rarely, if I'm having a really lucky streak, one 3* and some coins. So, not really worth it. 

**Removed profanity - Ducky
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would only be fair that those with better roosters fight among each other for better prizes and let the new comers fight for lower ones. 
    Complain to Demiurge about not having introduced CL 9 and 10 yet, then.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xiu99 said:
    I shielded myself at 850...then when my shield is gone I tried to win 2 battles, which is like 5 mins, only to find out that I dropped to 700+ in 5 mins. I didn't give up and tried to climb back but only to drop lower. Well I'm just trying to get my fav character. It's irritating, I used so many shields only to get tinykitty.

Well, there's the problem then. That high compared to your roster strength you can probably only afford to do a single fight Before reshielding. As soon as you unshield there's blood in the water and the Sharks will start circling, you need to shield Before they bite.

Also, you need to make a plan and stick to it no matter what. Get hit? Too bad, but if you do Another fight to try to Catch up you will only get hit even more.

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I don't think it's fair for those with championed 3* to have to face championed 4 and 5*. I've been playing for almost 8 months, I'm getting bored of story mode, but I still hardly have any chances of earning anything good at PVP, regardless of my clearance level. I'm not quitting yet, but it is frustrating. And this c**p about alliances: most of them are private and don't just let anyone in. I suspect the ones with the best roosters. don't even let new comers in and I don't blame them. It would only be fair that those with better roosters fight among each other for better prizes and let the new comers fight for lower ones. Not too low though- with my championed 3*, best I can hope in PVP is some 2* covers and maybe, rarely, if I'm having a really lucky streak, one 3* and some coins. So, not really worth it. 

There are plenty of alliances to join.  You just have to join Line. I've never heard of a competitive public alliance, but that doesn't mean the scene is nothing but a bunch of cliques. It isn't just all people with top tier rosters. 
  • shartattack
    edited May 2017
    @SpringSoldier Go to the forum for joining alliances.  I found my alliance on the forums.  We are top 100 for all pve and most pvp. We have specific alliances in the group of alliances that focuses on newer players. Heck, I joined my alliance after being in the game for 2 months.I am only probably 2 months ahead of you.

in regards to pvp rewards: with 3s, you should focus on hitting 575 to get the 10 CP.  650 and the event token is nice, but getting a classic pull from pvp once a week will build your 4 star roster quickly.  That would also get you to 4k for the season and the heroic 10 pack.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 said:
    It's hard to do well in PVP until you have invested either a lot of time or money on the game. And it could be a lot... I'm talking years of time or thousands of dollars.

Of course there are some who spend less time or money than others, but it takes a lot of effort regardless.
    And that's a major problem in this game.

How many other games do you know where you're cannon-fodder for at least a year before even getting close to fighting on a level playing ground?
    Bowgentle said:
    It would only be fair that those with better roosters fight among each other for better prizes and let the new comers fight for lower ones. 

That wouldn't even help him, Anyone in 3* land is still getting eaten alive by 4* champs because there's only one MM pool between newbie-land and 5* purgatory.
  • shartattack
    Starfury said:
    mpqr7 said:

And that's a major problem in this game.

How many other games do you know where you're cannon-fodder for at least a year before even getting close to fighting on a level playing ground?
    Bowgentle said:

That wouldn't even help him, Anyone in 3* land is still getting eaten alive by 4* champs because there's only one MM pool between newbie-land and 5* purgatory.
    i disagree with the "being cannon fodder for a year" belief.  I was hitting 575 regularly 6 months in.  Yes, after that, I'd get knocked down, but that SHOULD happen.  Some new player should not be on even ground with some 1000+ day player, otherwise what is the point of progression in the game? Vaulting has made it even easier, as anyone who has seen the countless Wasp/Carol/Medusa/Blade teams in simulator.  

Also, adding clearance levels (and fixing the poopshow that CL8 is)would really help with placement awards. With a ton of effort and shields, i can hit top 20, but top 10 is impossible when you are shield rank 80 competing with rosters of champed 5s for placement. 
  • Starfury
    edited May 2017
    i disagree with the "being cannon fodder for a year" belief.  I was hitting 575 regularly 6 months in.  Yes, after that, I'd get knocked down, but that SHOULD happen.  Some new player should not be on even ground with some 1000+ day player, otherwise what is the point of progression in the game? Vaulting has made it even easier, as anyone who has seen the countless Wasp/Carol/Medusa/Blade teams in simulator. 

Also, adding clearance levels (and fixing the poopshow that CL8 is)would really help with placement awards. With a ton of effort and shields, i can hit top 20, but top 10 is impossible when you are shield rank 80 competing with rosters of champed 5s for placement. 
    Of course he shouldn't be on even ground with someone playing for three years. And he also shouldn't be forced to compete with them, because he can't

Adding more clearance levels doesn't change a thing, you'd still have 4* champ players grabbing the top ranks in lower levels. And hitting 900 for progression is just as hard in SCL 3 as it would be in SCL 10
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    @carrion pigeons

I'm part of a very good alliance with some really nice people. But they're not the ones fighting clearance levels 3-4 with championed 4*. Also, I want the game to be competitive, I don't want anyone protecting me, but I want it to be fair competition. As for creating new levels, I don't think it would help, since the players can already pick higher ones, they just don't want to. Maybe it would be cool that, once you picked a certain level, characters that are above that level are blocked. Wanna fight 3*? Then bring only your own 3* to the fight.
  • Starfury
    Unfortunately not even limiting pvp by character tiers would make for a level playing ground.

Many veterans are approaching or even hitting lvl 266 on their 3* champs, neaning there would be veterans using the boosted 3* around level 370 and would totally crush 3* around the 300 level.

The jump from 270-370 for 4* or from 266 to 366 for 3* characters means that damage and hitpoints double (compared to the ~20% boost in damage from the 166->266 jump)