NEW, FREE Deck Slots?

That is a complete joke. What? The notes said theme decks, ok. Then deck slots, ok. We're getting a free deck slot. Amazing. Nowhere did it say "you're getting a free deck slot, which is a themed deck". That makes no sense.  Unless they are talking about the one you can edit in which case....it's not a NEW deck slot. It's the one you start with....really?

Yes, for new players that will be a deck slot that is available to them from the beginning. So, twist in words sure...it's a free deck slot. But it's not, it's what you start with. Lame very lame. Am I being overboard? I might be, just this is exactly what I was afraid of, that we actually wouldn't have 2 deck slots, that we would still only have one until we bought the first one and behold.....but I guess the thousands of runes are nice for having the first themed deck for all the PWs................

Comments

• AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    I also thought that we would have two deck slots for every planeswalker... Ah, well, so nothing changed and I'll be busy changing decks in between events.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Deckslots are nice, but they arent quite the godsend we'd been hoping for. Nevertheless I'll take em and keep using them. Better than nothing right? 
  • AngelForge
    Crystals are to valuable and I don't have runes to spare at the moment... So, I'll stick to one. :-)
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    I asked brigby if the new deck slot was the same
    one as I was using now(dated 6th april)

<quote>
    This is the way it works:

You get 1 slot, just like you have right now, with every Planeswalker.</quote>

HH
  • AngelForge
    I see. I probably misunderstood that.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Yea, we all misunderstood since they said "one free deck slot"........transferring one slot to another slot isn't free, It's transferring. Simple as that. It's stupid. So, the promise, hype is that we spend hard earned crystals PER WALKER (which means over 3400 gold in total at the moment.) Which, is great if it's an "extra" slot. Not an "if you want another slot and don't want to spend a ton of runes, here it is yay".

Ok, let's look at the other for those of us that don't have all PW's maxed out. For those of us that aren't like "what am I going to do with all these RUNES?!?!?!?" 45,000.....isn't obtainable. It's as bad as the gold. over 765,000 runes are needed for all the PW's. Again.....that's great if it's an "extra slot" and not if you want another slot and don't want to spend a ton of gold, here it is yay."

This is one of the reasons I'm playing completely casually now, that hype. Oh so much hype....to be majorly let down. I might get back into it with this talk of better rewards but we'll see.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    qwweetrtr said:
    Yea, we all misunderstood since they said "one free deck slot"........transferring one slot to another slot isn't free, It's transferring. Simple as that. It's stupid. So, the promise, hype is that we spend hard earned crystals PER WALKER (which means over 3400 gold in total at the moment.) Which, is great if it's an "extra" slot.

I disagree with you on some points :
    - not everyone misunderstood that. In my coalition we had a consent to expect to get one deck slot (as we had before) , plus some theme slots we didn't know what to expect of.
    The language has been a bit misunderstandable, especially when readers are hyped, I give you that!

To the rest. I see those game slots as endgame content. You don't need them to pay efficiently, especially not with the event decks. And both of the payable slots are extra.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    D3 has repeatedly shown that they have quite the talent for wording things strangely and making people misunderstand.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Honestly I don't remember anything that said they would be free but I do recall many of us saying we would be willing to pay for them.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    They rewarded it but under deck slot it used to say one free one and others to buy. But yes, I was one of them lobbying saying we would be willing to pay for them. But, for extra ones, not for all of them. I mean, it was just said got me thinking about the event decks how every time you play you can create a deck and not have it affect your actual deck so that might be the free they were talking about before but wasn't detailed about it because that is indeed basically a free deck slot. An invisible one that is temp sure but one none the less. So I'm less mad about it, more annoyed. As far as end game content....yea, it would have to be unless you wanted to spend real money.