Stop with the 20 ISO rubbish

The amount of times I've narrowly beaten the level 115 Ragnarok on the Dark Avengers prologue only to be awarded with a meager 20 ISO is bloody ridiculous. Especially since I still have earned only 1/4 of the rewards on that mission. I don't get why you don't cycle through the rewards first and then move on to the 20 ISO bonus after all the mission rewards are cleared.

At least if I narrowly win an arena match I feel like I've accomplished something. Whereas narrow wins on a PvE match not only leave you waiting the next couple hours for your characters to heal, but the shoddy random 20 ISO reward basically makes that wait pointless since I could have gone and farmed a level 5 minion to get the same damn result.

Comments

• I've actually seen more rewards vs 20 ISO recently, but I've had my share of 20 ISO. I like a little bit of randomness in it though. I just think they need to change the 20 ISO every time idea. Since they are able to tell you if the mission is trivial, easy, normal, hard, or impossible, they should be able to give you more ISO for harder missions. I would like to see the possibility of HP as well, but I think they want tighter control on that currency. But giving more ISO for harder missions, they would seem like less of a waste of time. This also has the benefit of not being too exploitable since as you level up the missions get easier, thus you won't get as much ISO for them.
  • I have to agree. It used to only get frustrating when the rewards were at 3/4. Now on levels I have only 1/4 rewards, it just keeps giving me 20 ISO over and over again. 10 times in a row, on several different levels... :/
  • I couldn't agree more. It is the most single annoying "feature" (along with limited cover slots, of course, our "favorite").
    They keep tweaking the system. In the next patch (R42), there is going to be another one:
    "Gameplay

- All mission rewards after the first now have a 50% chance of giving a non-consolation reward until all rewards have been earned."

The problem lies in the system itself: You have an obscure(for most people who does not read the rules and patch changes) system of random "consolation" (in other words, "rubbish") rewards.
    The fact that is it hidden INCREASES frustration, because it always seems more unfair that it may be, and because uncertainty by itself is another negative feeling. The fact that it is "openly" random increases the frustration, and can led to streaks of bad luck.
    Either GET RID OF THEM ALTOGETHER (the best solution by far) or INTEGRATE THEM INTO THE REGULAR (VISIBLE) REWARDS: you increase the rewards from 4 to 6, and fill those slots with 20-iso rewards. The chances are similar (if you remove the "the first reward is always a good one" policy; if not the increase to 7), but it is a public system, and avoids long streaks of bad luck. In average, it gets a similar amount of the developers' beloved grinding, but avoids some of the bad issues, so everyone more or less happy.
  • hetchel wrote:
    Either GET RID OF THEM ALTOGETHER (the best solution by far) or INTEGRATE THEM INTO THE REGULAR (VISIBLE) REWARDS: you increase the rewards from 4 to 6, and fill those slots with 20-iso rewards. The chances are similar (if you remove the "the first reward is always a good one" policy; if not the increase to 7), but it is a public system, and avoids long streaks of bad luck. In average, it gets a similar amount of the developers' beloved grinding, but avoids some of the bad issues, so everyone more or less happy.

No. Just no.

Some of us do replay missions even for the 20 ISO. Because it's a much faster/safer method of generating ISO than anything else if you don't have a yellow Spidey to heal your characters.

I'd rather the listed awards exhaust first, always, but eliminating the booby prize entirely, or including it as listed with the regular prizes, is bad.
  • Why not just have the consolidation awards proportional to the difficulty of the match?
    ...or even just of the mission.

For example: 20ISO seems a reasonable consolidation for the Juggernaut mission levels.

The dark avengers mission, maybe 150ISO might be reasonable...

I totally agree, that 20ISO for defeating lvl 115 Rag, is a pretty insulting "consolidation"! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zathrus wrote:
    hetchel wrote:

No. Just no.

Some of us do replay missions even for the 20 ISO. Because it's a much faster/safer method of generating ISO than anything else if you don't have a yellow Spidey to heal your characters.

I'd rather the listed awards exhaust first, always, but eliminating the booby prize entirely, or including it as listed with the regular prizes, is bad.
    Or better yet, using the venom missions to grind out healing with the guest spidey
  • Zathrus wrote:
    hetchel wrote:

No. Just no.

I really don't want to appear as feeling superior or condescending (I have made, and I'll do, a few mistakes for not understanding some features of the game... most of them for bad/lack of tutorials and in-game info, but I digress...), but I think that if you have to grind 20-iso rewards, you are approaching the game in a wrong way and/or you play far too much.
    Nonetheless, to each its own then: first exhaust the explicit rewards (maybe including a couple of 20-iso ones, as I explained), then infinite 20-iso rewards in case someone needs them.
  • hetchel wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    hetchel wrote:

No. Just no.

I really don't want to appear as feeling superior or condescending (I have made, and I'll do, a few mistakes for not understanding some features of the game... most of them for bad/lack of tutorials and in-game info, but I digress...), but I think that if you have to grind 20-iso rewards, you are approaching the game in a wrong way and/or you play far too much.
    Nonetheless, to each its own then: first exhaust the explicit rewards (maybe including a couple of 20-iso ones, as I explained), then infinite 20-iso rewards in case someone "needs"/wants them.
  • I agree. I nearly get completely wiped out against level 50 or 60 characters with my level 30s and all I get is just 20 iso!?!?! Ugh.... icon_mad.gif