Yellow crystal acquisition since update

Options
Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
I dunno if anyone else has noticed but the access to yellow crystals seems to accrue far more easily than before the update. I had to fight hard in QB to get into the crystal range and what I did earn was mostly from the story line battles.

Anyways, I started with 200 crystals post purchase of mythic 150 packs on Friday and now I've earned 400+ crystals just from events. Seems to me that D3 upped the access slightly. I'm guessing this is to allow newer players better access to deck packs? Could be wrong and I've imagined this. But this has been a positive thing for me.  

Now unobtainium.... bwahahaha..still almost unobtainable as ever. Smh. 

Thoughts?

Comments

• Gunmix25
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Post post thought.... this easier gain of yellow crystals wouldn't have anything to do with encouraging players to play trial of the planes would it??? I'm being facetious here, mind you. But it makes sense... in an indirect way allowing players to access unobtanium without having to resort to actual money... per se  
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Er really? You used to get about twice as many crystals before 1.10.2 you could easily get 600 a week. It was the golden period for MtGPQ. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And before that, we got nothing! 

It's like we shouldn't compare to extremes. 
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The dual training grounds a day helps with consistent crystal accrual. I'm hoping that continues but suspect that's something that will be fixed soon enough.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the dual Training Grounds has been a great thing, whether intentionally or not. People complained that there were not enough meaningful sources of runes, double TG covers that for a large swathe of less developed players.

I'm fairly sure not that many less developed players played more than 8 QB matches a day, especially if they knew that their decks were outclassed and wouldn't get them a good ranking. And you now get almost as many Crystals from TG each week as you would from QB if you consistently placed in the top 50, card packs notwithstanding.

While the rewards have been reduced at the top, I think this has been good for the rest of the community at least.
  • Gunmix25
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Er really? You used to get about twice as many crystals before 1.10.2 you could easily get 600 a week. It was the golden period for MtGPQ. 
    For me the week is not yet done and can easily see myself gaining 600+ by the end of the week (Friday) I'm at 430 as of tuesday, almost 110 a day. Can't say much about 1.10.2 as I believe that's before my time.  But this is better than what I gathered pre-update. I can easily see bigger guns making ungodly numbers of crystals,  but I imagine that will ALWAYS be the case regardless of update and is a poor comparison for the average Joe trying to gather up crystals on measly collections of mythics and rares, myself included.  When before the crystals were literally the monetary rewards reserved for the best. the players who lacked the encyclopedic collections that the top had could only scrap up via one time storyline battles or the occasional event reward for reaching a level within that event.  
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's because the progression and placement rewards for BP were significantly higher than those for RAC.  The dual TG didn't hurt either.  In any case I wouldn't get used to this by any means
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cool. We can spend those crystals on dupes. I love getting duplicates of rares i dont use. Its amazing that i can get multiples of rares i already have and completely miss rares i dont. It strains credulity!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @gruntface @span_argoman
    Shht the two of you. There are things we don't speak about in public, where the away-takers can hear us!

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    with events/ coalition rewards and 1st in QB I could yield over 1.5k per week, Ohboy and his consistent 1st in QB was getting him probably around 2k
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JopeX37 said:
    It's because the progression and placement rewards for BP were significantly higher than those for RAC.  The dual TG didn't hurt either.  In any case I wouldn't get used to this by any means
    Yes, this is exactly it. After they nerfed crystal gains in 1.10.2, the next weekend the ran BP with its big rewards and I though, "Maybe they listened to us and actually fixed rewards." But no. A million weeks of crummy RAtC. Based in past experiences, you're just observing a one-week anomaly @Gunmix25
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol it was nowhere near 2k.

Even before expenses, I raked in about 1k a week on average. 
  • span_argoman
    Options
    Seriously people.

Pre-1.10.2 (Platinum)
    Single-day Progression: 55 Crystals x3
    Single-day Top 50 Ranking: 40 Crystals x3
    NoP Coalition Top 50: Guaranteed Rare (I don't recall there being Crystals but someone can correct me here)
    OGW: 85 Crystals
    Revolt Progression: 95 Crystals
    Revolt Coalition Top 50: 40 Crystals
    Total: 505 Crystals a week

QB adds another 80 to 360 Crystals depending whether you're a consistent top 150 or top 10 player.

That's nowhere near the numbers you guys are touting unless I'm missing out a whole bunch of stuff.

2.0 (Platinum)
    Single-day Progression: 30 Crystals x3
    Single-day Top 50 Ranking: 30 Crystals x3
    NoP Coalition Top 50: AER Rare + 2 Jewels (ie. no Crystals)
    OGW: 55 Crystals
    Revolt Progression: 35 Crystals
    Arena Progression: 25 Crystals
    Arena Top 50: 20 Crystals
    Training Grounds: 15 Crystals x7
    Total: 460 Crystals a week
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously people.

Pre-1.10.2 (Platinum)
    Single-day Progression: 55 Crystals x3
    Single-day Top 50 Ranking: 40 Crystals x3
    NoP Coalition Top 50: Guaranteed Rare (I don't recall there being Crystals but someone can correct me here)
    OGW: 85 Crystals
    Revolt Progression: 95 Crystals
    Total: 505 Crystals a week

QB adds another 80 to 360 Crystals depending whether you're a consistent top 150 or top 10 player.

That's nowhere near the numbers you guys are touting unless I'm missing out a whole bunch of stuff.

2.0 (Platinum)
    Single-day Progression: 30 Crystals x3
    Single-day Top 50 Ranking: 30 Crystals x3
    NoP Coalition Top 50: AER Rare + 2 Jewels (ie. no Crystals)
    OGW: 55 Crystals
    Revolt Progression: 35 Crystals
    Arena Progression: 25 Crystals
    Arena Top 50: 20 Crystals
    Training Grounds: 15 Crystals x7
    Total: 460 Crystals a week
    you've missed out ratc progression 25 jewels(gold tier)
    arena 8 jewels.
    I think the concentrated crystals count of bp + tgx2 feels
    like it's raising the crystals numbers back up after the
    450 crystals purchase.

HH
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Then I would have to say is an anomaly... just posting an observation guys not trying to start an argument, apologies. @span_argoman I don't have the time to break down the math nor did I pay attention to all the crystal from where they were coming from I was merely reporting that I went from 200 crystals to 630 in 4 days.  None of them were purchased as all were earned through participation. I trust that you guys know this game's behind the scene mechanic better than I do.  I just know that's what I earned. Peace
  • span_argoman
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Then I would have to say is an anomaly... just posting an observation guys not trying to start an argument, apologies. @span_argoman I don't have the time to break down the math nor did I pay attention to all the crystal from where they were coming from I was merely reporting that I went from 200 crystals to 630 in 4 days.  None of them were purchased as all were earned through participation. I trust that you guys know this game's behind the scene mechanic better than I do.  I just know that's what I earned. Peace
    @Gunmix25 I'm not disputing your numbers. We've increased gains thanks to Breaking Points, the double Training Grounds and the like. It's not surprising that you have gained some 400+ Crystals in this period. I've friends in Bronze who have gained like 200+ Crystals in the same period so it probably all checks out and it's a good thing imo.

I'm disputing the claims that rewards in the past were anywhere near 1,000 - 2,000 Crystals a week. Sorry that it wasn't clear.

@hawkyh1 I'm not counting Jewels since there were no Jewels pre-1.10.2 to compare with and people are mentioning Crystal figures in this topic. And yes, Breaking Points and double Training Grounds have definitely boosted the Crystal gains these few days.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    @Gunmix25 I'm not disputing your numbers. We've increased gains thanks to Breaking Points, the double Training Grounds and the like. It's not surprising that you have gained some 400+ Crystals in this period. I've friends in Bronze who have gained like 200+ Crystals in the same period so it probably all checks out and it's a good thing imo.

I'm disputing the claims that rewards in the past were anywhere near 1,000 - 2,000 Crystals a week. Sorry that it wasn't clear.

@hawkyh1 I'm not counting Jewels since there were no Jewels pre-1.10.2 to compare with and people are mentioning Crystal figures in this topic. And yes, Breaking Points and double Training Grounds have definitely boosted the Crystal gains these few days.
    @span_argoman Thank you for the clarity And that makes more sense as to whom you were disputing.