Got three of the mythic boosters.
    first one - Rare! Dupe!
    second one - Rare! Dupe!
    third one..
    Ulrich.

Totally worth it.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    would love to get him still no luck heck i would be happy to get haunted cloak and solemn reciter  or corrupted grafstone
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    I'd pay double the gems for "non-duplicate" insurance.  If you get a duplicate, you get keep opening until you get a non-duplicate.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    EDHdad said:
    I'd pay double the gems for "non-duplicate" insurance.  If you get a duplicate, you get keep opening until you get a non-duplicate.

That would have to scale. For example, double would be too cheap for someone who has all but 5 mythics. 

• morgue427
    i am willing to get dupes for 150 and not whine about it honestly
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Ohboy said:
    EDHdad said:

That would have to scale. For example, double would be too cheap for someone who has all but 5 mythics. 

Why? To be fair to the people that only have 5 mythics? If someone has all but 5 mythics, they've likely invested a ton of time into the game and deserve the same non-dupe advantage as everyone else. All card packs already have massive diminishing returns once you get most of the rares. It's not like a non-dupe clause would hurt anyone at the benefit of the guy that has all but 5. It's a win win for everyone.
  • Ohboy
    Sure, win for everyone except the people who have an interest in making sure there's always a carrot for players to chase. 

Coincidentally the same people who hold to keys to making these changes. 

So in proposing such ideas, we need to take that into account and not propose wildly optimistic ideas that will be ignored out of hand. 
  • ZW2007-
    What you and the people who hold the keys seem to not understand, is that there will always be a carrot even if we can get all the cards. It's called new sets. This game is already future proofed thanks to its M:tG license. Just because they choose to do it the way they do doesn't make it right, intelligent, or necessary.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    morgue427 said:
    i am willing to get dupes for 150 and not whine about it honestly
    I can accept dupes for 150 yellows. But a back to back dupe in purple.  No
  • Ohboy
    ZW2007- said:
    What you and the people who hold the keys seem to not understand, is that there will always be a carrot even if we can get all the cards. It's called new sets. This game is already future proofed thanks to its M:tG license. Just because they choose to do it the way they do doesn't make it right, intelligent, or necessary.

And what you and people like you don't understand is that they don't want people to hold cash waiting for the new sets like so many of us are doing now. 

Because that's just kicking the problem down to the next expansion. Eventually this has to be solved. 

Really the most direct way to do so is reduce rewards(done) and increase card pool to make it harder to fill a set. 
  • ZW2007-
    Ohboy said:
    ZW2007- said:

And what you and people like you don't understand is that they don't want people to hold cash waiting for the new sets like so many of us are doing now. 

Because that's just kicking the problem down to the next expansion. Eventually this has to be solved. 

Really the most direct way to do so is reduce rewards(done) and increase card pool to make it harder to fill a set. 
    I'm well aware they don't want people holding onto cash, that's why they made Trials of the Planes cost crystals to enter. The problem is, they need better ways for us to spend our hoarded crystals rather than keep on hoarding. Right now my return on investment is so terrible that it's not worth buying any set available in game and the only pw I don't have yet is Ajani 2. What would you have me spending my crystals on? They need fluff. Foil cards, alternate art pws and cards, one time unlockable content. Would I pay 1k crystals to unlock a SOI story mode? You bet I would. Even if story mode only gave me back 500 crystals? You bet. It's really not hard to come up with creative ways to get us to spend our crystals and also feel good about it. They are just too lazy or greedy to do so. Maybe they are even lazy AND greedy.

But again, you've diverted from the original discussion of why having a dupe proof vault special that is limited to three purchases and will possibly never be seen again is "wildly optimistic" and should ignored outright.
  • morgue427
    because if they promised a new non dupe how long would it be before everyone stopped buying anything? they need to make money too and collecting by random is as fair as if you bought cards in pack of paper magic the more you have the better chance of getting dupes, the thrill of the chase is as much a part of the game as the play the chase of getting that one card you dont have
  • MrMoustache
    MrMoustache Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Got the mythic Kaladesh angel (new), the rare black 4/7 deathtouch dude from Origins (new), and the 7-mana rare blue spirit from SOI block (dupe). Overall not bad, although I'm not sure I'll be using either new card in a deck any time soon.
  • morgue427
    niblis of frost? in a spell heavy deck he is worth his weight in gold honestly disable first creature and get +3/+3  the first is the most important really take pressure off you for a round for a cheap spell i used him in pre nerf baral and he got to insane levels, post nerf not as high but still use him cheap to cast and dont feel bad replacing him
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    I never get the argument "they need to make money". There are so many other games which you purchase and play and never have to pay a single dime again, and then also so many more where the in-app purchases are just a pinch of the cost mtgpq is charging and many of them are still going strong after years and years of being on the market. This should not be about them wanting our money or us not wanting to give it to them, it should always be about the value we get for our time (and money), about the fun we have and are being given the chance to have, about the suspense the game creates for us. The moment we are paying to "support" a company but are getting a bugged and boring game in return (which unfortunately for me this is starting to become) - something really went wrong. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    I never get the argument "they need to make money". There are so many other games which you purchase and play and never have to pay a single dime again
    Just on this point, think about the business model.  A game which you develop, finish, and then sell to the market, you can get by with a one-off payment.  But for a game like mtgpq with major development of new content on an ongoing basis, that can only happen with cash inflow on an ongoing basis.