**** off EU players

Options
Thats what they says to us. Nicely timed events for EU players. One day long ending at 6AM with final part of event unlocking after 3AM. I guess they think EU players dont sleep or they just dont want us here.

Comments

• Well the first half was nice timing for EU so cant complain. End times are always gonna annoy someone somewhere although EU does get the majority of bad end times it seems.
  • kennardfr
    kennardfr Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    It is only true for this event. Generally we get all the bad times, PVE and PVP where we have to put 8 hours shield to gain anything of value, without being able to compete for the top ranks because of all those hours lost.If they just finished the events a couple of hours later, we could at least participate in the ending of the events when we get up, without annoying too much the US.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Madjam wrote:
    Well the first half was nice timing for EU so cant complain. End times are always gonna annoy someone somewhere although EU does get the majority of bad end times it seems.

Indeed, the first half of the event had nice finishing times for us europeans, the ssecond half doesn't. such is life icon_e_smile.gif
  • It is better now than it used to be... EVERY event used to finish at ~5am in the morning UK time. Plums like me were silly enough to get up at 4am to contest the final hour of competition too! We have to accept that we are probably a minority of the playerbase, so to get any finish times that suit us is a boon.
  • If it finished around 8-9pm US time it would be much better(my opinion) for EU players and is still a nice finish time for US players
  • Yeah, it's pretty annoying, and nearly every recent PvP event has finished at 5am UK time as well. I appreciate they need to vary the ending times, but it seems we're getting **** a bit more than usual lately.
  • I totally agree. I have to either sit or get up early at 6:00 CET. Im 100% sure events could end up earlier and still be at a very good time in US.
  • The problem is with the ISO-8 brotherhood events, with the global score-based unlock of a final high-scoring mission. The close time being unreasonable for us in Europe thus actually denies us the chance to play that mission.
  • SamBC wrote:
    The problem is with the ISO-8 brotherhood events, with the global score-based unlock of a final high-scoring mission. The close time being unreasonable for us in Europe thus actually denies us the chance to play that mission.

I got up at 4.30am to farm my 1000 iso reward. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority lol
  • Ends at midnight for me as an east coast player, seeing no issue here.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Ends at midnight for me as an east coast player, seeing no issue here.

EU= europe.

We get a closing time ranging between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. This means that unless you have trouble sleeping or are willing to wake up early to play a game, you have no chance at the top rewards of any tournament.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Ends at midnight for me as an east coast player, seeing no issue here.

EU= europe.

We get a closing time ranging between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. This means that unless you have trouble sleeping or are willing to wake up early to play a game, you have no chance at the top rewards of any tournament.

There are bad times for everyone. There are often events that end at 6am PST, which is rough for west coasters. There are events that end at midnight EST before a work day, which is rough for east coasters. And there are events that end between 5-8am EU times, which sucks for them. There is NO one solution that works for everyone, and dont try to tell me they should run multiple versions of events based on where you are located as that would be ripe for abuse. Not to be too harsh, but just accept that there are times you get screwed and be thankfrul for those where you dont.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    SamBC wrote:
    The problem is with the ISO-8 brotherhood events, with the global score-based unlock of a final high-scoring mission. The close time being unreasonable for us in Europe thus actually denies us the chance to play that mission.

I got up at 4.30am to farm my 1000 iso reward. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority lol
    I woke this morning just after 430 am. Instead of going back to sleep, I also went for the 1000 ISO reward.
  • I can't complain for this event. They split the event in 2 with the first half being convenient for EU and the second half for US. The US players have a slight advantage since these final subs seem to be worth more points and playing late could offer an edge. I hope they gave more tournaments for EU though. Having them all end 7am (for me) is lame.
    Since players enter brackets of 200 or 1000 it would be much better to offer the option to choose your zone from 3 (Europe, Asia, America). These localized events would be the best solution for players, but they would need to run 3 separate event with rewards for each of them so I don't see it happening.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    SamBC wrote:

You are really a addicted man icon_e_smile.gif. I must admit that I do it once - wake up 6am to farm. It was first and last time.

You are really a true player
  • Lately I wake up at 5 or 530 am quite often to finish the event in a good place. One hour later would be sweet for anyone (then it would be 6AM for UK and 7AM for Central Europe).