Retaliate/Skip-Tax Solution?

Options
bahamut685
bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
What about the idea of making retaliations show up on their own unique node, and having skipping them not effect skip bonus/penalty, because getting hit by 141s and having to pay to skip them is bull (especially when they overwrite a challenging match you're getting ready to face).

Comments

• ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with this, especially if its not worth retaliating against (aka anyone below 100-200 points from you). First, its not worth the points and the second, it puts your back in their sights so they can hit you up for more points.
  • I think the skip tax is fine as is.

My favorite solution for retaliations would go something like this.

User A attacks User B for 30 points.
    User B has the option to retaliate against User A for the chance to have his 30 points returned.
    Upon User B's success user A would not lose any points. User B also would not show up in User A's retaliation list.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the skip tax is fine as is.

User B has the option to retaliate against User A for the chance to have his 30 points returned.
    Upon User B's success user A would not lose any points. User B also would not show up in User A's retaliation list.

This would sound fun but points would skyrocket worse then when they first threw in shields.
  • Really simply, you should get free skips on retaliations.
  • I think the skip tax is fine as is.

This would sound fun but points would skyrocket worse then when they first threw in shields.

Yeah, but progressions could be adjusted accordingly and those -40's wouldn't feel so bad if you could have a fair chance to negate them.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Retaliation should be exempt from skip tax - end of topic.