The problem of defining the General Discussion forum

Options
13»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    As a frequenter and poster of all the sub forums I think I know why people don't use the others so often. Its not because of a lack of red names posting there...Its because of a lack of members posting there. 

Mostly people aren't looking for dev comments on things (I'd say about 75-85% of the time anyway) they're posting things for other members to read and comment on, hence the general sub forum where it is most likely to be read by other members. 

It seems a simpler task to simply allow general to exist as it does and simply move annoucements and other direct game info into other sub forums and do not repost it in general (as you currently do). The mods (or whomever organises the forum) has set the example by posting official threads in general when they don't need to be. So do the following....

Info about new characters or rebalance? Goes in announcements and/or character discussion

Info about new events? Announcements and events sub forum.

Info about bugs? Announcements and bugs sub forum...

You see where I'm going. Wherever you post the info is likely where people will comment on it just out of sheer laziness.

I know people will say that information won't reach all members if you switch this way and it won't...at first. Once people start using the forum correctly they'll know where the info is and how to read it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess we don't get to see any may previews updates in general discussion unless we are in missions post area, since it was moved there.