Boss Opening Nodes From Easy to Hard 2017.04.28

Options
killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
Once again they shoot up from easy to crazy hard after 24 hours instead of which round you are in.  would it be that hard to program that each opening node gradually go up per round, instead of after 24 hours go from round 1 scaling  to round 8.  or is it they only "play test" boss event for only less than 24 hours and "mission accomplished".

Comments

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Its because they don't play high end pvp or pve.  They don't understand the problem when it goes from level 50 to 400.  The 3 and 4 star player is going from level 50 to 1xx or 2xx.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    i think they only play for a reset or 2 and then scream "mission accomplished"

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know the jump is crazy! It should be more of a build up or at least give out more points for the nodes or better rewards.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yea, like...why? My levels were 25 this morning. They are lvl 269 now. Surely there has to be some manner of middle ground here...

This has been and continues to be one of (if not the only remaining) gripe with Boss events. Why is this still a thing???
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine went to 359 but honestly, it's not that bad
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Mine went to 359 but honestly, it's not that bad

Its not terrible because Thanos is relatively manageable to beat
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My jump was from about 55 to 199. Somewhere between 3/4 transition and 4* player.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, its not unmanageable...and as much as it pains me to admit it, boosted Starlord really works well with pretty much everyone! :p

I just don't understand they why of it. Why can't we have either A: Easy/Medium/Hard nodes, sort of like a regular PvE, or B: Scaling tied to round number? Why is the only option "Wait 24 hours, then turn it up and rip the knob off!!"

It actually makes the whole event a rather unenjoyable experience for me...in the early rounds, everything dies to literally everything. I often don't even get enough AP to fire a power before the match is over. Then, 24 hours later, it's either use my A-Team or its pretty much suicide. Where's the fun in that? Where's the middle ground that lets me play with silly teams or experiment with new ideas?

And on a completely unrelated note, what the actual kitty is up with Daken??? Is this thing he's doing with Chemical Reaction a permanent thing now, or is that still being classified as a "bug"? Cuz its annoying, especially in the hands of the AI, who makes at least one green match every single time the power is cast.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    alliance based boss even is about working together as a whole.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure they model it after the "3 easy nodes" "3 hard nodes" in regular PVE. The thing is, there's no reason you have to keep to that philosophy. They could easily make it graduated from easiest to hardest by either time, nodes completed, or round. They just refuse to do so.

Node scaling is also something easily done in their programming. It doesn't take a lot to tweak it. They just don't want to.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How about a simple suggestion first like capping enemies to the boss level (not quite round scaling but almost and potentially easier to code)

Weaker alliances aren't going to get crushed by scaling in later rounds and top tiers get a manageable challenge as they smash through boss rounds early on.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee said:
    Pretty sure they model it after the "3 easy nodes" "3 hard nodes" in regular PVE. The thing is, there's no reason you have to keep to that philosophy. They could easily make it graduated from easiest to hardest by either time, nodes completed, or round. They just refuse to do so.

Node scaling is also something easily done in their programming. It doesn't take a lot to tweak it. They just don't want to.
    I'm sure that's it, but it's totally unintuitive, so we always have complaints.

I think they should simply have 3 easy nodes and 3 hard nodes in each Round and simply scale them up gradually with each refresh. It would feel much more like a typical PvE and I think people would get it.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    scottee said:

I'm sure that's it, but it's totally unintuitive, so we always have complaints.

I think they should simply have 3 easy nodes and 3 hard nodes in each Round and simply scale them up gradually with each refresh. It would feel much more like a typical PvE and I think people would get it.
    Yep, it's the same as PVE scaling where easy nodes have a really low cap, then a huge jump.  It's just spread out over time.  

It works fine, although it is goofy when the side nodes are much harder than the bosses.  

Quit complaining, or they'll probably remove the cap on the easy nodes and make it difficult from the start. :p