Vault Sale This Weekend (4/29/17)

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Yesterday I waist 300 crystals before the offer where available because of the misunderstanding advice.

Today I have bought a Deluxe Booster and got a dupe mythic. 
    Also a Mythic Booster and again got a dupe mythic.

Please I need a solution for this.

Update: I have just send a mail to support.
  • Dsagent
    Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Well from the 150 gold packs I got 3 Non-duplicates!

Praise the Lord the RNG has gone my way for once.

One of the cards a was Mizzium Meddler which fit in well in my blue deck.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Well, 400 unbotainium for two new (much needed) mythics and I have nothing to say, other than I'm happy.

Sorry to hear that some felt mislead. Take that as a lesson to learn that you should always be wary of purchase conditions in this game and only buy when you are absolutely certain you understood what you are doing.

That being said, I am as happy as can be. Thank you to the D3 team.
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I am happy with these kinds of packs being released, however, come on D3 I opened the three rare or better packs and got three Thalia leutienent back to back!!!
    Seriously @Brigby what's up with that? That is so rigged it's laughable.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    got one of each got one dupe and one non dupe, neither great but a new one at least so i wont complain except to my self for having cruddy luck lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    200 jewels? It's taken me a long time just to get 13 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Drycha said:

join a coalition and enter the ratc event might be
    a relatively easier 10 jewels?

HH
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Drycha said:
    Jewels have been slated to Platinum players from the start. I hit 400 just in time for Lightning Grieves to show up 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Opened another pack for 150 mana crystals.

Gier Reach Bandit. That's my third new mythic from these packs (got one dupe mythic). Very, very happy about that.
  • Catwiesel
    Catwiesel Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hey d3 - Do you need so urgent money, that you will cheat Players? Selling **** cards now - seriously, thats poor from you. 
  • morgue427
    bought 2 so far both mythics and both new. cant say i am unhappy at all. neither were particularly great but new
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    I think these are decent deals. my reasoning is:

2x150 crystals for the guaranteed rare+ pack
    is the same cost as a premium pack. if you are
    only after rare+ cos you own most uncommons
    then trading the couple of new uncommons that
    you might get as part of a premium pack for a
    rare+ is a decent trade imo.

200 jewels for a mythic instead of 400 jewels for
    a mythic. again collection bias plays here but
    you could potentially get 2 mythics for the same
    number of jewels if you are in the sweet spot.
    (you are giving up the tiny chance of getting a
    masterpiece to get another mythic)

I see it as better value than normal to entice
    players to spend their crystals/jewels on the
    current sets instead of wait for the new one.

HH
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Well, I bought the rare packs, got 2 dupe rares and a dupe mythic, pretty much what I was expecting, 450 didn't get me anything new but I rolled the hidden, inscrutable dice and took my chances. The fact is, there are a small number of rares I want from old sets, and my chances of getting them are always going to be tiny, but I might as well have a bash every so often, when I have plenty of crystals available to me.

As for the mythic packs, I look at it this way. I have 75 out of the 134 existing mythics currently. Thats about 56%. So for 400 jewels, I might expect to get one dupe and one new mythic (?). For that same 400 jewels, I could instead wait for AKH, buy an Elite pack, and get a guaranteed new mythic, which might be relevant to new event objectives, or even a Masterpiece. So, I'm passing.

Of course, the AKH Masterpieces may not be available when AKH is released... anything could happen to the Elite packs. But, I'm going to wait and see. Unless, yknow, someone decides that the fairest thing to do is force me to spend my jewels in a particular way.
  • damonsteine
    damonsteine Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I tried the mythic pack on a whim, and i got a good one. still, perhaps some ideas for improvement :smile:

1. since it is for mythics using unobtainium, why not give us the chance to get only mythics we don't own yet? we are only limited to 3 purchases, and this offer is only available for a limited period and looks to be offered again after a considerable time has passed anyway. 

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    shteev said:

As for the mythic packs, I look at it this way. I have 75 out of the 134 existing mythics currently. Thats about 56%. So for 400 jewels, I might expect to get one dupe and one new mythic (?).
    Yes this sale was specifically targeted at "mid-level" players. Having 56% of all mythics is clearly outside of mid-level...

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I had 78 mythics and got 3 new mythics, avaricious dragon, kalitas and demonic pact. best 450 crystals I've spent for a loooooooooooong time
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Abenjes said:
    I had 78 mythics and got 3 new mythics, avaricious dragon, kalitas and demonic pact. best 450 crystals I've spent for a loooooooooooong time
    I hate you :)
  • morgue427
    i would but i am above that. i might pants you but i wont hate you lol i got 2 out of 3 new mythics last being a gold i had but good at least (insidious will)
  • morgue427
    perhaps a better way to do it would be to keep the sale going 3 a week but rotate it since the new block is coming out the gold and mythics from the sets not available in the vault so it would end up being 2 blocks at a time each week with the other two available through the packs. just a thought i would spend 450 a week on known golds and mythics since it is what i am missing really as same with most others i am pretty sure
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Finally I have bought 1 Mythic booster and 3 Deluxe boosters.

The mythic booster gave me a dupe mythic. The deluxe boosters gave me one dupe mythic, one dupe rare and a new rare.

No way to get a refund for the Mythic booster dupe, they only exchange dupes in Elite Card Pack.

I am not very happy as you can imagine.