Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I will say though, I love the boss mechanics. That part at least is great. And the scaling is appropriate for the boss. Lots of roster levels can compete
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Destruction through Storm's or Groot's green do not count. That is certain. It certainly works through line destruction.
    I'm sorry but I have seen the opposite.  I absolutely can destroy the Infinity Gauntlet with Rocket and Groot's Blammo power.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Roland113 said:
    Destruction through Storm's or Groot's green do not count. That is certain. It certainly works through line destruction.
    I'm sorry but I have seen the opposite.  I absolutely can destroy the Infinity Gauntlet with Rocket and Groot's Blammo power.
    I think they were talking about reaping the benefits from destroying the infinity gems.

It was supposed to work with tile destruction but so far it seems like it doesn't
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I don't have Ant-Man so I can't progress as much as I'd like to, but that's the way how the cookie crumbles. Nevertheless, I always love boss events. They're eventually more challenging than normal gameplay and no grind! Infinity Stones are a cute mechanic. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too bad I haven't spared the ISO to bring Ant Man up. Archiving has deprioritized him completely. However, Starlord, Rocket and Groot, and (unboosted) Kingpin has been my boss-killing team. Matching the blue gem has let me put down 9 Slight of Hand bombs at once, or flood the board with Maggia pawns. Infinite Power is a definite problem if it ever gets out, especially with a boosted list having so many board shake and special tile powers. I guess that was the point of it though: "If he gets this power out there, you will be nearly helpless. Working as intended".
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Tony Foot said:
    Come one let's have some perspective here. Up until a couple of hours ago it was a walk in the park and unless your Alliance has a few slackers you are sitting on 2 nova covers. Where else can you get two 4* for so little effort and one vaulted. I was actually shocked more that people thought it was going to be any different.

So you will have two Novas and the third will take a smidge more effort and the R8 likely will be a battle. What's wrong with that? I'm not a 5* player at all. People are only ever happy if this is a complete walk in the park to 2 purple legendaries. Like that boss event at Christmas that was a complete give away.

Worse case scenario you bin the event off when you have got as far as you can and have a 4* cover or two for the sort of challenge you get playing the first 3 nodes in pve.

Which is my alliance for some reason this time around. We're just finishing round 5. It'll take a miracle to get through round 7 on Sunday.

So yeah, Thanos IS fun, but they need to have these events playable through the whole time frame and not the first 24 hours least you're screwed out of participation.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Tony Foot said:
    Come one let's have some perspective here. Up until a couple of hours ago it was a walk in the park and unless your Alliance has a few slackers you are sitting on 2 nova covers. Where else can you get two 4* for so little effort and one vaulted. I was actually shocked more that people thought it was going to be any different.

So you will have two Novas and the third will take a smidge more effort and the R8 likely will be a battle. What's wrong with that? I'm not a 5* player at all. People are only ever happy if this is a complete walk in the park to 2 purple legendaries. Like that boss event at Christmas that was a complete give away.

Worse case scenario you bin the event off when you have got as far as you can and have a 4* cover or two for the sort of challenge you get playing the first 3 nodes in pve.

Which is my alliance for some reason this time around. We're just finishing round 5. It'll take a miracle to get through round 7 on Sunday.

So yeah, Thanos IS fun, but they need to have these events playable through the whole time frame and not the first 24 hours least you're screwed out of participation.

Then that's the fault of your alliance not the game, everyone should have 300k on the board when the scaling is easy, but yeah I understand you always get those people who join the event only to have a cat that's got the sniffles so can't play.

I don't get what you think you could do differently to enable everyone to play the whole event or even why they should? The set up was fine an alliance of 3* rosters could and should have buried 2 of the 4* covers at least. Even R7 getting through it for me has had next to nothing to do with who I am using only matching the gems and finishing it fast. A rainbow team of the better 3* would be doing the same.

If the node scaling was so easy to keep everyone playing through the event well then the boss would have to be 4x as hard or everyone would complete it. Besides everyone does get to play at least once per 8 hours and help the alliance chip away when the going gets tough.

I think the balance so far has been spot on.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Exactly. Remind alliance mates that they don't have to win vs Thanos (or the side nodes), just damaging him still earns quite a few points toward overall rewards.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hardcore alliance people will just never understand the frustrates that more casual alliances have with boss events. The "I got mine" mentality is far too strong.

Hell, it's not even really about getting the rewards for me. I just want a fun event that I and my alliance WANT play the ENTIRETY of. 

But yeah, let's sunshine pump harder nodes because this boss is fun to play against. I've seen all now.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Somebody brings this up every boss event, so I guess I'll do it this time.

The problem with the scaling of the side nodes would go away if they ramped up by round rather than by time. That way, people in serious alliances would get tough feeder nodes early as they should, and people in casual alliances that will never compete in round 7&8 don't get screwed.

I agree with earlier posters that the devs should state why it's done this way. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm actually really interested in the reasons why it's good that boss events are easy on Thursday, but difficult on the weekend, and why it's good that the difficulty is in the feeder nodes instead of the actual boss himself.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    It's fun because it's easy. As people are saying they can wipe this boss in two or three moves with little damage or health pack use. In fact this has been a gift compared to other events because the only pack use is on the nodes. If the nodes were easy, again the whole event would be a cake walk.  But that sums up this place, anything remotely challenging and the whinging starts.  Hell the nodes are not even at pve 4th clear levels yet and already people are complaining.

Just be honest you want level 100 nodes and steam roll the boss.

Explain how a casual alliance can play the entirety of the event without it being so easy it's boring that they might as well give away the two tokens. 
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot said:
    It's fun because it's easy. As people are saying they can wipe this boss in two or three moves with little damage or health pack use. In fact this has been a gift compared to other events because the only pack use is on the nodes. If the nodes were easy, again the whole event would be a cake walk.  But that sums up this place, anything remotely challenging and the whinging starts.  Hell the nodes are not even at pve 4th clear levels yet and already people are complaining.

Just be honest you want level 100 nodes and steam roll the boss.

Explain how a casual alliance can play the entirety of the event without it being so easy it's boring that they might as well give away the two tokens. 
    You're hitting on what I think is the biggest basic flaw in the game.  Healthpacks.  If there were no healthpacks and the matches were more challenging they could reward people based on defeating challenges instead of heavy repetition.  It would be a much more fun & interesting game that way.  

Monetization just won't allow it.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    well into round 5 or 6 (not sure but it doesn't matter). i don't need the 'the mad titan' pop up every time play the boss node. i got it the first time. thanks... 
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Skrofa said:
    Roland113 said:
    I think they were talking about reaping the benefits from destroying the infinity gems.

It was supposed to work with tile destruction but so far it seems like it doesn't
    Yes, exactly. The infinity gems, not the gauntlet.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Side mission Venom...
    A greater threat than R8 Thanos 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Just back from holiday, still hating the new layout, can't be arsed to read 13 pages of comments.  (In my culture "arsed" is not profanity, it's an earthy synonym for "bothered", so don't oppress me and mine with your imperialist running dog moderation.)

I see that rainkingucd's thread has been closed in favour of this one.  I sense a disturbance, as if hundreds of PVP and PVE threads have been snuffed out.

Still, perhaps we'll get official threads for each event, both PVP and PVE, listing all rewards, and have the consolidation threads resurrected.

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:
    Side mission Venom...

Venom you cheaky bastage!  You handed me my first loss of this event, had to go back and regroup.  He was much harder than Thanos, that's for sure.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Side mission Venom...
    Got good people in my alliance and had a prewarning...  Thankfully, cause a level 444 62+ hp venom popped up for me.  Had saved my ap, he did not survive.... 
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    jredd said:
    well into round 5 or 6 (not sure but it doesn't matter). i don't need the 'the mad titan' pop up every time play the boss node. i got it the first time. thanks...

Maybe they just want us to notice the change in the rules, since there's no longer any mention of tile destruction.

Also, why in the everloving tinykitty is my reply in the same box as the quote I'm replying to? 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Fwiw, Round 8 thanos:

45,000 health (2k point subnodes, 3.3k for the waves)
    Infinity gauntlet damage was 11-14k depending on the tiles.