R125 Release Notes (4/24/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,
Here are the Release Notes for the R125 update!

MPQ 125!
Get ready to rock the world with two new variations of the dashing cosmic outlaw, Peter Quill!
Check out 3-Star and 5-Star Star-Lord here: Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Star-Lord (Peter Quill)

"Awesome Mix of Guardians Volume 2"

What's Changed:
  • Countdown tiles no longer deal a point of damage when they activate.
  • Multi-Window mode has been disabled on Android devices to prevent display issues when using Multi-Window mode.
  • Players that are at the highest S.H.I.E.L.D. rank will no longer see “XP Gained” notifications as they cannot currently gain XP.
  • Players should no longer have difficulty selecting Missions at the top of the screen on the Steam version version of the game.
  • The amount of points that a mission is worth is no longer hidden when a mission is worth zero points.
  • Each iteration of Hawkeye (Clint Barton)'s power Full Quiver can been seen in the Character Information screen.
  • The animation is correctly seen for new characters the first time a power with multiple effects (Cloak and Dagger for example) is activated.
  • Peggy Carter (Captain America)'s power Legendary Presence now correctly increases the cost of The Hulk (Bruce Banner) when he has transformed.
*Updated to Final Release Notes

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards

No clue who they are referencing... too vague!  :)

• Multi-Window mode has been disabled on Android devices to prevent display issues when using Multi-Window mode.
    I submitted a bug report for this! It's probably not because of that, but I'm glad they worked on it.

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63119/weird-screen-size-bug-on-samsung-galaxy-s7

• Players that are at the highest S.H.I.E.L.D. rank will no longer see “XP Gained” notifications as they cannot currently gain XP.

Wow, it's going to take a long time for me to see that problem, as I'm only at SR 95  B)

• Each iteration of Hawkeye (Clint Barton)'s power Full Quiver can been seen in the Character Information screen.
    Awesome!!! I'm glad to see this rolled out to more and more characters! Great job!  <3

And I'm glad they resolved the CD -1 dmg bug. It was fun to use, but I prefer the game to be played as intended, with no unexpected benefits given to either me or my opponent.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby - Do you know whether this will also fix the issues that were occurring with some character powers (with Daken's blue being the easiest example), wherein damage was getting dealt in multiple packets instead of all at once?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

Starockamorax confirmed!

Or Dazzler. Whatever.
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    I've always been curious (and this doesn't apply to me), but if a player is at the highest S.H.I.E.L.D. rank, do they continue to accumulate XP so that if additional S.H.I.E.L.D. ranks are added then they automatically increase in S.H.I.E.L.D. rank based on the amount of XP they had earned since they maxed out?

Per the Change Note above, I assume they don't accumulate XP, but perhaps the system gave them the impression that they were continuing to earn XP.

I assumed this wasn't happening, but thought it would be good for players in that situation.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    MPQ 125!

My guess: 5* Rocket & Baby Groot (because most people requested them in an official poll). Cloak & Dagger style.
    And maybe a new hero 4*. I would like Nebula or Yondu. Or maybe a 4* Gamora ? Idk. 

• Anon
    On second thought, could this be Richard Rider?

Was Nova ever a Guardian? Richard had a thing with Gamora. Might be a tie between them.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    GotG 2 US release is on 5/5

5* Yondu and 5* Ego the Living Planet

• CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    "Awesome Mix of Guardians Vol. 2"

Mix of Guardians obviously is referring to the Guardian characters in the new Legend of Zelda game. Vol. 2 is also saying so, as there is a Wii U and a Switch version. The "awesome" part is the easiest to figure out at this point:

5* Epona confirmed!
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I will certainly miss the 1 point of damage for countdowns.  As will C4rol.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sad to see the CD damage bug get fixed but I did feel like I was cheating and now I can actually see if those teams I was using are still good without the bug.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The CD bug was fun, but I won't be THAT sad to see it gone 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah. I shamelessly took advantage of it in the Blade PvP, but so did pretty much every other team I encountered. I won't miss it in Muscle nodes.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Will we be able to see all of hawkguys full quiver descriptions as well?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just hoping for another 3* Guardian.  :)

My guesses:
    5* Starlord
    4* Rocket & (Baby) Groot
    3* Starlord

Starlord with completely different skill focus this time, Rocket & Groot with positions switched and Baby Groot being a supportive passive with an adorable animation.
  • Anon
    I'm just hoping for another 3* Guardian.  :)

My guesses:
    5* Starlord
    4* Rocket & (Baby) Groot
    3* Starlord

Starlord with completely different skill focus this time, Rocket & Groot with positions switched and Baby Groot being a supportive passive with an adorable animation.
    Baby Groot can only ever be a 5* character. Rocket Racoon is icing on the cake.
  • Truffleupagus
    Truffleupagus Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Only one or two gameplay bug fixes?  Sigh.