To no one's surprise...

Options
shartattack
shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Marvel Puzzle Quest's official facebook page announces upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy news coming.  Maybe the news part hints at more than just a character or characters.  A new PVE storyline ala Strange would be welcomed.

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They even replied on twitter, saying we can expect this news "next week."
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New boss event, with a new GotG 5* perhaps? Is it uncool to hope that any new 5 has a new 3 to go along with it? 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just hope they sufficiently test any new events with a 5 :star: roster
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New boss event, with a new GotG 5* perhaps? Is it uncool to hope that any new 5 has a new 3 to go along with it? 
    Seems likely. Part of me gets grumpy that the dual 3*/5*s keep giving us more variants, but they've ALL been solid so far, so it's hard to complain, you know?

Odds are it'll be Star Lord, since they've been giving MCU characters 5* versions. If we're lucky, we might get 4*s of new characters (Yondu/Mantis/Nebula?). Or maybe a 2* Baby Groot. But we'll probably be less lucky and any Guardians we get past Star Lord are going to be Rocket & Groot or Gamora at the 4* level (and with Baby Groot, guess which of those it'll likely be?)
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Odds are it'll be Star Lord, since they've been giving MCU characters 5* versions. If we're lucky, we might get 4*s of new characters (Yondu/Mantis/Nebula?). Or maybe a 2* Baby Groot. But we'll probably be less lucky and any Guardians we get past Star Lord are going to be Rocket & Groot or Gamora at the 4* level (and with Baby Groot, guess which of those it'll likely be?)
    3* Draxx, 4* Gamora, 5* Baby Groot (2* Rocket).
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would enjoy a 2* gotg character, mainly because the 2* deadpool dailies are the most chore-like fights in the game. 
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If nebula isn't added as a much needed villain I will be one sad panda.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     4 Star Gamora and R&G are kinda things I'd like to see

(Rocket and Baby Groot perhaps?)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yoik said:
    Double Iso..........?
    nothing else matters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Luckily, I have finished my current rostering of my 3* champion farm clones, so I can go back to saving my HP for new release character roster slots, because I'm sure there will be many new GotG characters released all at once.

I haven't opened up daily deal vault tokens in a while, and I don't really miss it. Guaranteed 3* champion rewards are a better investment than the possibility of a vault token, which could be great (LT, 4*) or simply one more 2*.

And eventually, I'll start selling some of my lesser quality max-championed 3*s, so that roster slot investment will pay for itself.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To the point of GotG2 characters, I'm hoping for as few new characters as possible.  However, it is inevitable they dump a bunch on us.  I just don't have the ISO to want to be forced to champion whatever 3* and 4*s they force down our throats.  Would be super awesome if it were double ISO.

On the topic of 3* dupes, that is also a giant ISO drain.  Unlike 2* farm, the 3* is much harder to start.  First, the ISO gap is a bit wider off - with a 2* max champ, you can sell a 144 and champ a 15 level and it only costs a net 10k ISO (65k sale price - 69.5 cost to champ from level 15, plus the 5k champ cost).  For a 3*, you get 105k ISO for a 266* sale, but it costs you ~130k to max and champ.  Second, and more importantly, you probably shouldn't actually sell a 266 until you have the dupe somewhat close.  Unlike 2*s, where it makes little difference to most players who are in the position to consider farming 3*s, you can't just pop a level 100 3* in place of a 266 and carry on like nothing happened.  It makes you a giant target in PVP.  And, it takes a year (YMMV) to max champ a 3* vs. a month (YMMV) to max champ a 2*.  So, in the interim, you're out 130k to dupe.  I've got Cmags duped, but don't have the ISO to champ Coulson before 2 covers expire AND create dupe champs out of BP, Cap, GSBW, Blade, and KK (all of which have 3+ covers sitting in my Q).  Just another area of ISO shortage...(let's not forget the BP5* I have sitting at 255 w/ 13 covers, too - where the heck am I going to get the ISO!?!?)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could see a new event with multiple characters at once, since we seem to be out of the regular 2 week cycle. Maybe like the original Civil War event with double releases?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Is it uncool to hope that any new 5 has a new 3 to go along with it? 
    IMO yes.  :-p
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee said:
    I could see a new event with multiple characters at once, since we seem to be out of the regular 2 week cycle. Maybe like the original Civil War event with double releases?
    That wouldn't be too crazy. Civil War basically had two normal releases (Bucky and War Machine), with boss events after each release that focused on the 5*s. Repeat that, but instead of two 5*s, one of them is a 3* (and the Boss event could give out more covers of that character), and it wouldn't be impossible to manage. And if they do a 3*/5*, and do the same thing each Boss event, it would let people with less time on their hands choose which boss event to push for those covers.

Spending 3-4 weekends with Release-Boss-Release-Boss could get stressful, but again, it's not impossible to manage.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well I can only hope for new characters and not variants, but for whatever reason D3 has taken upon themselves to consistently release variants this year, so I call this the year of variants. I can only speculate that the new characters will be MCU versions of the already in game champs, Gamora, R&G, and Prob a 3* and 5* version if Star-Lord. I would assume that if they have R&G they will have a switch power like C&D. While I would like to see some new characters I don't foresee any new champs, since they are probably wanting to promote already known Guardian characters.
  • Jjshack
    Jjshack Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    put my guess as:

5* StarLord (excessive since there is a 4*, but they did it with Cap and IM) 
    4* Ego   (second guess would be 4* Rocket)
    3* Baby Groot (because they HAVE too.  please)