Ajani Unyielding: Official Thread

andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
edited October 2018 in Planeswalker Details

manawhitepngmanagreenpng  Ajani Unyielding

Level 60 Mana Bonuses:  +4 manawhitepng | manabluepng | manablackpng | manaredpng | +2 managreenpng 
Level 60 HP: 130
Level 60 Max: (Creatures: 8 | Supports: 4 | Spells: 5)

Ability 1: Protect - Cost: 6
Rank 1 - Energize 1 and Gain 1 Life
Rank 2 - Energize 2 and Gain 3 Life
Rank 3 - Energize 3 and Gain 6 Life
Rank 4 - Energize 4 and Gain 9 Life

Ability 2: Valor - Cost 12
Rank 1 - Energize 2 and each of your creatures gets +1/+1
Rank 2 - Energize 4 and each of your creatures gets +2/+2
Rank 3 - Energize 6 and each of your creatures gets +3/+3
Rank 4 - Energize 8 and each of your creatures gets +4/+4

Ability 3: Haven - Cost 18

Rank 1 - Create a support with 2 shield and "When this support is on the board, you take X less damage, where X is the amount of Energized gems when this support entered the board. At the beginning of your turn, this support loses 1 shield."
Rank 2 - Create a support with 3 shield and...
Rank 3 - Create a support with 4 shield and...
Rank 4 - Create a support with 5 shield and...

With thanks to phoenix:

Post your decks and tips for this Planeswalker below!

//Added additional info, and converted to Official Thread -Brigby

Comments

• Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Thanks I'll wait :)
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

Bravo, thanks for posting because the in-app details are not accessible yet.

Very unique planeswalker, hats off to the design team.

AI spamming first ability does not grief the opponent, but is still useful and provides a mild challenge (tougher to take down, especially for win in X rounds objectives).

Looks like he will depend on some ramp to keep pace with opponents, but he can get away with weaker creatures if buffing with second ability.

I wonder how the third ability support works in an enraged match.  Seems logical that the raw damage would be prevented first then anything left over would be doubled, which makes him quite durable for those events.

Also, just noticed his HP.  Raw BEAST.

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    got to make sure it uses energize of course, not bad but not great honestly has potential and white/green could be fun. got tones of white mythics and white has better creature removal and defending. Plus be nice to have reliable healing in loyalty and creature but i will wait and see what the update brings. white is pretty low on energize though
  • morgue427
    honestly dont see people (not ai) using the first ability much except in emergenies. second more use i think but against a energize deck could get you in a lot of trouble too
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting one. They really went full-Energize on all the PWs but this one has a nice synergy. Can't compare to Nissa2's mana gain, though. 
  • morgue427
    no but with the ajani gold support plus longtooth cub and a good healer like gisela buffed to defend it could get nasty fast tooplus of course aeither hub or the normal gem changers to help could ramp ok not as good as white changers but survivable
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    130 life with a spammable life gaining ability? The trolls will love this guy.
  • morgue427
    oh i am sure packed full of cheap lifelinkers good luck ever getting him in less than 5 rounds lol. heck lone rider  can be cast faster than most decks can kill him, slowly adding up to nibble away at you. do have tto give them credit the mana gain is ok for the color i think tired of 2 color solo pws like dovin and not crazy like tezz2 and rai
  • morgue427
    people will have to work to cast expensive cards in green or using green i should say so the gem changers while helping wont kill you like kiora spamming them
  • andrewvanmarle
    morgue427 said:
    people will have to work to cast expensive cards in green or using green i should say so the gem changers while helping wont kill you like kiora spamming them
    the difference is only 1 mana per match between ajani and kiora when thinking of green gemchangers. I dont think that will be a really big deal.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Less mana gain seems to be a fair trade off if you look at the lifepoints. @brigby : why did you (as usual: not you in person, but as a link to the devs) decide to sneak him in that silently? Looks a bit ashamed not to introduce him in the forum - and he's something the players have wanted for a while!
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    His ultimate with Starfield could make interesting matches.........
  • andrewvanmarle
    ooh starfield! that is mean!

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Avahad said:

Don't give Merciside any ideas!
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Avahad said:
    Unlikely to work though, for the same reasons that Starfield of Nyx will not resummon a Clue or Fabricate support.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    How many creatures / spells / supports are allowed in his deck?
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    I really don't want to bother with another energy Planeswalker.
    Why is an energy Planeswalker? I'm still questioning why Chandra is an energy planeswalker.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry, I'm sure Mersicide will play his From Beyond, Dubious Challenge, Emrakul, Sword of B&S deck instead of Starfield

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfield doesnt bring back sorin's or dovin's supports and it wont bring back his.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    khurram said:
    Starfield doesnt bring back sorin's or dovin's supports and it wont bring back his.
    Thanks for the confirmation- that's a weight off the mind :)