Building for servos

wereotter
wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
So I completely revised my Liliana 1.0 deck to be a fabricate mechanic deck, list to follow, and find a couple recurring frustrations.

First: red decks are an absolute nightmare. It seems no matter where my servos place on the fiend, if I'm paired against Chandra, her first loyalty ability manages to find and destroy them, Koth often manages to clear them all from the field every turn with his loyalty ability. Take on top of that try often run Abbot of Keral Keep and/or Volcanic Rambler, and good luck keeping them out.

Second: blue/white decks. Because servos always buff the first creature on the board, as soon as a deck gets out Claustrophobia or Suppression Bonds, my big guy is stuck until I can remove their support.

Anyone had any luck or ideas how to work with it?

Here's my current set up:

Ambitious Aetherborn
Maulfist Squad
Marionette Master
Weaponcraft Enthusiast
Ovalchase Daredevil (puts itself back in my hand when a servo enters. Good to discard to Lili's first ability)

Grip of Desolation
Unlisenced Disintigration
Tidy Conclusion
Essence Extraction

Corrupted Grafstone

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    If you like the servo build for black I would get some room for:
    - tamiyo journal
    -blightcaster

Blightcaster will trigger from clues of tamiyo and servos.

You can "passively" kill creatures his way.

Whil not that great in current meta, the fact you are using lily 1 and fabricate means you are looking for something out of the ordinary.
    Try it and you could find it fun icon_e_wink.gif
  • wereotter
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I never pulled Tamiyo's Journal, so no can do :/

More I wanted to do something different with Liliana 1.0. I already run zombies with 2.0 and madness vampires with Sarkhan, so just looking for something new to spice it up.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    hmm may have to try blight caster in my tez 2 deck, trying to use the second ability living construct most, last is nice but i find when i get to the last one i dont need it really anymore, herald of anguish is a good one for servos the discard on each round is nice and it you lose a support -2/-2 to first creature.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    underhanded design works for a bit of damage and healing for you also
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

As mentioned, Blightcaster could be useful in this concept. I'd also take out Essence Extraction, I've found it's not that useful overall. You could replace it with Battle of the Bridge, if you got that recently as a reward, it's a cheaper and probably more powerful (with all those servos) version of the same effect.

Possibly Magnifying Glass, for a bit of extra mana and the occasional Investigate token, and you wouldn't have the risk of losing your servos from a gem conversion.

• wereotter
    Since people are offering helpful suggestions, I should comment that I've since gotten better cards to run this deck, but I appreciate it all! I didn't have several of those cards, but now I do.

My Liliana 1 deck now runs:
    Ambitious Aetherborn
    Weaponcraft Enthusiast
    Marionette Master
    Syndicate Trafficker
    Herald of Anguish

Blightcaster
    Underhanded Designs
    Tamiyo's Journal

Grip of Desolation
    To the Slaughter
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

Hah! I didn't even look at the dates before I posted. 

I was genuinely trying to be helpful on something I thought was a more timely situation, rather than just pontificating. Though I realize it might be hard to tell. :)