Quick mmr tanking questsion

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Quick question, does a retirement count as a loss for the purposes of tanking your MMR? I would love to use the lightning rounds to get it down, but I don't get the feeder teams that other people talk about, at least ones that my tanking team can beat. But I've resigned myself to the next several months on the loosing side of things to lower my mmr to the point where I don't get to fight a team where I need boosts and everything to go right to avoid being stepped on like an annoying bug.

Comments

• AKplayer wrote:
    Quick question, does a retirement count as a loss for the purposes of tanking your MMR? I would love to use the lightning rounds to get it down, but I don't get the feeder teams that other people talk about, at least ones that my tanking team can beat. But I've resigned myself to the next several months on the loosing side of things to lower my mmr to the point where I don't get to fight a team where I need boosts and everything to go right to avoid being stepped on like an annoying bug.

If you get into a lightning round right when it begins you will get at least one seed/feeder team to work with, as there aren't enough players yet to give you regular matches.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's the truth - get in there the *second* those Lightning Rounds open. You'll get plenty of seed teams, and a chance to make some ISO. Learning this recently has helped rekindle my enjoyment of the game recently; beat up on a bunch of seed teams, make a nice little chunk of ISO, smash & bash to 100 points, and not have to wait hours for heals/ worry about boosts. The first five ten-fifteen minutes of the lightning rounds have been most enjoyable for me - it's possible to make a thousand ISO or so with just a few minutes of play. When I want a challenge and careful plotting of moves, well, there's those 230s to try and navigate. ^.^
  • Yea, I have been sniping the seeder teams with my freebie account, get to at least a recruit token, more if I can manage. With this, my MStorm is now 30. Considering she's one cover from 13, and I still have BW to do after as she is at cap too... I need ISO in the worst way.
  • Well I got a seed team, lets see if I get attacked. If I don't the original question stands. Does a retirement count as a defeat?
  • So, that's one lighting round with my weakest characters pushed to the for and zero attacks against me. Not surprising really, I don't think I've been attacked since my first PVP tournament I entered. It's one of the things that has made dealing with the MMR hell so hard as I never, ever seem to get attacked, even when I'm at the top of leader boards. I don't even get retaliated against icon_evil.gif

Trying again. putting up level 6 2*maggie and level 15 darevdevil.
  • You can't retire or lose. You have to win the fight against the seed team with your tank team. Others will see the last team you won with, rather than the team you lost with. If you don't win your first fight in the LR you won't show up to opponents at all, as I understand it. If you win some fights than lose with your tank team people will still see your good team, and probably elect not to fight you for very few points.
  • AKplayer wrote:
    So, that's one lighting round with my weakest characters pushed to the for and zero attacks against me. Not surprising really, I don't think I've been attacked since my first PVP tournament I entered. It's one of the things that has made dealing with the MMR hell so hard as I never, ever seem to get attacked, even when I'm at the top of leader boards. I don't even get retaliated against icon_evil.gif
    Almost sounds like you got sandboxed. icon_e_wink.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    one thing I always wondered: does SHIELD training affect your MMR?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What if I win in a tournament with a required hero (let's say Magneto + Storm + Wolverine), then win in a lightning round (say Spidey + Punisher + Widow). What lineup is it then if someone attacks me in the Magneto tournament? Are then Storm and Wolverine replaced with whoever was on their positions in the other event?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    What if I win in a tournament with a required hero (let's say Magneto + Storm + Wolverine), then win in a lightning round (say Spidey + Punisher + Widow). What lineup is it then if someone attacks me in the Magneto tournament? Are then Storm and Wolverine replaced with whoever was on their positions in the other event?

the defensive team is always whatever team you used in your last win in that specific tournament. so you can tank in one tournament and compete in the other.
  • I won the very first match in the lightning round with my one cover daredevil and one cover 2 star magneto at the very start of the lightning round. leaving them as a tanking team.

Total number of times attacked = 0 icon_cry.gif For the second lighting round in a row.

As for being sandboxed, how does that happen other then being flagged or cheating? I play on a wifi only Ipad, it's not like I can do anything to mess with the characters or throw on any illegal ad ons. How would I even find out and if I have been rectify the situation?

Which also brings me back to my original question.

As I never seem to get attacked ever, if I attack someone in pvp and then retire immediate does that one specific match count as a loss or would i have had to fight it all the way out and lose for it to be called a loss.
  • AKplayer wrote:
    I won the very first match in the lightning round with my one cover daredevil and one cover 2 star magneto at the very start of the lightning round. leaving them as a tanking team.

Total number of times attacked = 0 icon_cry.gif For the second lighting round in a row.

As for being sandboxed, how does that happen other then being flagged or cheating? I play on a wifi only Ipad, it's not like I can do anything to mess with the characters or throw on any illegal ad ons. How would I even find out and if I have been rectify the situation?

As I never seem to get attacked ever, if I attack someone in pvp and then retire immediate does that one specific match count as a loss or would i have had to fight it all the way out and lose for it to be called a loss.

You will never get attacked if you've only won one fight.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AKplayer wrote:
    I won the very first match in the lightning round with my one cover daredevil and one cover 2 star magneto at the very start of the lightning round. leaving them as a tanking team.

You used Tank team in first fight? You need to win a few games to get your score in the tournament up first. Sure a low level person with 25 points is an ok target but a low level person with at least 100 points is delicious. To tank LR you need to....

-Join LR as soon as it opens. I have joined 2 minutes after before and the seed teams are all gone when if I join at first second I get at least 10 minutes of seed teams.

-Find lowest level seed team (usually lvl 1 Storm lvl 1 Widow lvl 15 featured character) and fight all the OTHER seed teams. Do this until real teams start showing up.

-Go to the lowest level seed team you left alone and beat them with your tank team. If you want to be double safe leave 2 teams in case you get attacked while fighting seeds so the low level team is not replaced with a retaliation.

Based on your clear speed and the seed gods you should easily get 100 points or more and have a HUGE target on your face.

GL tanking next week!
  • AKplayer wrote:
    I seem to recall somebody mentioning that you can't join any alliances once you've been sandboxed. Other than you'd need to sync observations with other players, e.g. if you are placing prominently in some event, other players in the same bracket don't see that placement, that's a pretty safe indicator you've been banished to the sandbox. No worries though, it sounds like you just don't appear an interesting enough target to warrant attacking. Somebody not exclusively interested in ISO farming will be very reluctant to attack a low point target with high retaliation point loss risk, put some more effort into it.
  • one thing I always wondered: does SHIELD training affect your MMR?
    Yes it does! Or at least anecdotally for me it seems to.