X-Men???

2»

Comments

• EleganceFlawed
    EleganceFlawed Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    EXACTLY. Fewer repeats, add some mutants!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lokix2000 wrote:
    I do not understand why people keep promoting the conspiracy theory about Disney vs Fox. If that was the case we wouldn't be seeing Deadpool EVERYWHERE. Deadpool is a fox owned property but he is everywhere.
    It's not a theory, it's been verified by several insiders at Marvel that the company is highly restricted in promoting characters licensed to Fox. And Deadpool isn't owned by Fox, they simply have exclusive film & television rights. Marvel can do anything they want with their characters outside the boundaries of film.
  • All of the anti x nonsense was started by clickbait fansites. And if you go back through the years every time they posted "insider reveals" scoop it would get debunked almost immediately.
    Fox has the same rights to the X-Men as they do with the fantastic four and deadpool.
    If Disney/marvel was actively working against Fox they wouldn't be pushing so much deadpool stuff especially considering that film did better for fox than any of the X-Men movies.
    The devs on the Marvel heroes game even said the reason they don't release more X-Men characters is because their power sets are less diverse and are too similar to other characters. It's probably the exact same here.
    I've gone through a lot of the fan designs for X-Men related characters on this board and quite a few seem to be grasping at straws to build a usable character.
    If you all need to believe that this supposed cold war is what is keeping this game from having hundreds of useless x-men added go ahead but the truth is we do already have plenty of X-Men characters and every fantastic four character (also fox owned) as well as so many Spider-Man characters which are Sony owned.
    The only thing that Marvel/Disney and by extension any of the games are not allowed to do is promote the characters in their movie costumes or personas.
  • dylflon
    dylflon Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    So many X-Men would have cool mechanics in this games. Lots of potential

**** Nightcrawler - potential for BAMF countdown tiles that function a bit like Elektras shadowstep when if damage were dealt to Nightcrawler, it removes one tile and teleports the others randomly around the board

**** Rogue - Could have a power that allows her to steal an opponents passive power for set number of turns and stun that opponent

*** or **** Gambit - Charged countdown tiles that explode when they reach zero but grant additional AP when matched

***** Cable - High damage and board manipulation

**** Sabretooth - Enhanced version of Daken

** Jubilee - Abilities to stun and target specific tiles

**** or *** Archangel - Offensive version of Flaptain could create strike tiles instead of protect tiles while also focusing on a stun mechanic

That still leaves great characters like Shadowcat and Emma Frost, not to mention 5* potential for Magneto, Iceman, Apocalypse, etc
  • [Qyros]
    [Qyros] Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm with you guys, many interesting X-Men characters are not being used by MPQ. I will love to fight with:

- Gambit (after Wolverine is my favourite) 4*
    - Archangel 5*
    - Sabretooth 5*
    - Nightcrawler 4*
    - Banshee 3*
    - Bishop 3*
    - Jubilee 3*
    - Cable 3*
    - Emma Frost 4*
    - Kitty Pride 4*
    - Rogue 4*
    - The list is endless xD
  • Sybil_Silverphoenix
    Sybil_Silverphoenix Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Here are my suggestions....

Angel

1) On Angel's Wings - Blue. AP (Passive) - When Angel is attacked, he dodges the blow with graceful ease. Every time Angel is attacked, damage is reduced by 20% (damage is reduced to 1 at 5 slots) - as Archangel... becomes On Metal Wings. Damage is reduced by 30% (damage reduced to 1 at 5 slots)

2) Straight from Heaven - Red AP (costs 6) - Speeding down from the heavens, Angel swoops in striking one enemy and scattering the others. Deals 555 damage to one foe and destroys 2 Protect tiles (damage increases to 1777 and destroys ALL Protect tiles on the board - as Archangel... becomes Blade Feather Storm. Deals 696 damage to enemy team and destroys 9 random tiles (damage increases to 2445 and wipes the board at 5 slots)

3) Archangel - Black AP (costs 12) - "He rode upon a pale horse and hell followed with him" Feather to metal, Angel becomes Archangel (On Angel's Wings becomes On Metal Wings and Straight from Heaven becomes Blade Feather Storm)

Nightcrawler

1) Pious Fortitude - Yellow AP (costs 9) - When things get tough, Kurt turns to his faith for strength and guidance. Heals Nightcrawler for 10% of his health (Heals 40% of Nightcrawler's total health at 5 slots)

2) Surprise, Mein Freund! - Red AP (costs 6) - "Hallo!" BAMF "Guttentag!" BAMF "Auf Wiedersehen!" Nightcrawler teleports through the enemy ranks punching out 3 2x2 holes on the board dealing 235 damage to all of them (damage increases to 1375 and holes go from 2x2 to 3x3)

3) Just Outta Reach - Blue AP (Passive) - "Got ya!" BAMF "Where'd he go?" When attacked, Kurt teleports to dodge and get his teammates to safety. Reduces damage to team by 25% (reduces to 1 at 5 slots)

Gambit

1) Ace up his sleeve - Black AP (Passive) - Remy has a knack for getting into trouble... luckily for him, he always keeps an ace up his sleeve. When attacked, Gambit retaliates dealing 345 damage to one enemy (damage increases to 1095 and removes up to 3 Attack/Protect tiles at 5 slots)

2) 52 Card Pick Up - Purple AP (costs 12) - "Wanna play a game, mon ami? Shoot'em as dey fall!" Gambit charges an entire deck of cards and tosses them into the air. Deals 1818 damage to enemy team and destroys 10 random tiles (damage increases to 3345 and wipes the board clear at 5 slots)

3) Aces & Eights - Red AP (costs 6) - Gambit deals the Deadman's Hand... with a smile. Deals 181 damage to one foe and destroys 2 enemy Strike tiles (damage increases to 1818 and destroys ALL enemy Strike and Attack tiles at 5 slots)

Sabertooth (Classic)

1) Savage Ambush - Red AP (costs 9) - Sabertooth springs from the shadows at a foe, savagely biting and clawing them. Deals 895 damage and stuns enemy for 1 turn (damage increases to 4545 and 3 turn stun at 5 slots)

2) Always on the Wild Side - Green AP (Passive) - Something had always been 'off' about Victor Creed. He just unsettles you, ya know? At the beginning of your turn, if you have 4 or more Yellow AP, you deal 175 damage to enemy team and generates yellow AP (damage increases to 333, removes 2 enemy Attack/Protect tiles, and generates 4 yellow AP at 5 slots)

3) Brutal Strike - Yellow AP (costs 6) - Sabertooth runs through the enemy ranks dealing 333 damage to them all. Also adds 2 Attack (yellow) tiles (damage increases to 1575 and adds 4 Attack tiles at 5 slots)
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Rogue is the biggest one missing, and Juggernaut is one of the few in the game I want a second one of. Besides X-Men, we also could use more X-Men villains. I want Mr. Sinister and also the Brotherhood (besides what we have). 3* toad or pyro could be cool. Or maybe avalanche.
  • Sabintribal
    Sabintribal Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, I joined this game BECAUSE of the X-men, not in spite of them.  And it sickens me that there haven't been any in a very long while.  But you can bet that every Netflix series, MCU movie, and MCU tv show will have oodles of characters instead of X-men that don't even have 1 incarnation.  Because we NEED a baby 4 star groot (i'm calling it now).  Frankly, seeing Cloak and Dagger infuriated me to no end, because that was the last "cross-promotional" threshhold til guardians in a few weeks, that will inevitably eat up the next 2 (if not 4 or more) new characters.  And I swear to god, if I see friggin Mosaic before another X-man, I'll be on the rage-quit bandwagon too.

Give me a 4 or 5 star Beast, and I'll throw tons of money at you.  But until then, no dime from me.

Old Man Logan is too playable, and he's an X-man, so we have to make our other characters outshine him!  (hence the nerf obviously).

Also, stop asking us who we'd like to see in your polls, if you ignore every X-man we suggest (you know..repeatedly).