Card Marketplace

Options
THEMAGICkMAN
THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I recently started playing a fun little CCG on my laptop, and it has a very interesting marketplace mechanic that I think could work very well in MtGPQ.

The game has a card marketplace, where you can buy cards for premium currency - but here's the catch:

There is a stock, and the lower the stock of X card gets, the more X card costs

also, you have to unlock the marketplace for higher rarity cards by getting more wins

each card will get more copies into its stock every X minutes/hours

So how would this translate to MtGPQ?

you would be able to purchase cards in the marketplace for jewels or crystals

In bronze tier you would be able to purchase common rarity cards

In silver tier you would be able to purchase common and uncommon rarity cards

In gold tier you would be able to purchase common, uncommon and rare rarity cards

In platinum tier you would be able to purchase non-masterpiece rarity cards.

The card stock would be for example:
commons have 10,000 in their stock, and would increase in price every 500 purchases
uncommons have 5,000 in their stock, and would increase in price every 250 purchases
rares have 1,000 in their stock, and would increase in price every 100 purchases
mythics would have 100 in their stock, and would increase in price every 10 purchases

(the stock being the max amount of copies a card can have)

the card stock would refresh every hour or perhaps every 8 hours, the main thing being that it refreshes at a convenient time for all time zones, and the amount of cards put into the stock would be like this:

commons: 500 more of every card in stock for every marketplace refresh
uncommons: 250 more of every card in stock for every marketplace refresh
rares: 100 more of every card in stock for every marketplace refresh
mythics: 10 more of every card in stock for every marketplace refresh.

sets would rotate through the marketplace on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, so that there isn't WAY to many cards in the marketplace at any given time

I think this would be the perfect place to use jewels, and here is my idea for how much each card rarity would cost for jewels

commons: 1 jewel each
uncommons: 5 jewels each
rares: 50 jewels each
mythics: 500 jewels each

yes these prices look insane, but think about it, mythics are absolute game changers and should be Mythical
would you pay 500 jewels for a specific mythic you've wanted for a while? I know I would, but it would take quite some time to accumulate that many jewels, which is the point. commons and uncommons are so cheap mainly for newer players.

I may have forgotten some of the details, and will edit the post if I remember something, additionally if you have questions I will answer and also edit the post with that information.

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Oh and you can purchase deck slots in this other game icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Astralwind
    Astralwind Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Nice idea but common cards are going to be left untouched after a while. In fact, if the common cards doesn't have any decent value, it will just be sitting in the market place collecting dust.

Right now, MTGPQ needs more useful common and uncommon cards. They are emphasizing too much on rare and mythics.
    Back in paper MTG, you can find bad rares and good common or uncommon. What is being good and bad depends on how it can be used.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Astralwind wrote:
    Nice idea but common cards are going to be left untouched after a while. In fact, if the common cards doesn't have any decent value, it will just be sitting in the market place collecting dust.

Right now, MTGPQ needs more useful common and uncommon cards. They are emphasizing too much on rare and mythics.
    Back in paper MTG, you can find bad rares and good common or uncommon. What is being good and bad depends on how it can be used.

I know that, but it'd be really weird if they were missing - and some are decent, uncaged fury, smite the monstrous, fertile thicket etc. they would be there mainly for newer players
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As the random mythic/masterpiece currently costs 400 iso8.png and Mythics are available for top scorers in events, I might prefer at least that Mythic cards would be 400 and the off Masterpiece would be 500, instead.

I will say, that WOULD be a MUCH better incentive for getting to Platinum tier, though. After reading all the posts on this forum, I'm basically loathe to leave Gold tier because I get misfortuned on enough random event and QB matches that I don't want that number doubled. However, if more people than just "a few" were in Platinum I would imagine my current experience in Gold would rise up to Platinum, as well.

The current "incentives" of better rewards are not enough for me to want to make the effort, but an idea like this would raise an eyebrow for me.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Azerack wrote:
    As the random mythic/masterpiece currently costs 400 iso8.png and Mythics are available for top scorers in events, I might prefer at least that Mythic cards would be 400 and the off Masterpiece would be 500, instead.

I will say, that WOULD be a MUCH better incentive for getting to Platinum tier, though. After reading all the posts on this forum, I'm basically loathe to leave Gold tier because I get misfortuned on enough random event and QB matches that I don't want that number doubled. However, if more people than just "a few" were in Platinum I would imagine my current experience in Gold would rise up to Platinum, as well.

The current "incentives" of better rewards are not enough for me to want to make the effort, but an idea like this would raise an eyebrow for me.

That was part of the idea that I really liked icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Azerack wrote:
    As the random mythic/masterpiece currently costs 400 iso8.png and Mythics are available for top scorers in events,
    Mythics for top 5 ehh icon_rolleyes.gif good old days when D3 would actually give a toss and care about community