** Storm (Classic) ** [PRE 2013-12]

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    I think C. Storm is a bigger problem in PvE, especially in the current Heroic mode. I can almost guarantee that the top level players with an insane amount of points in the leader boards have a high level C. Storm and abuse her Raging Tempest ability against the enemy. They could easily farm point this way and brush past the opposition, keeping everyone else below the top 50, even 100 rank. That ability alone gives no challenge at all in PvE and gives easy wins, this seriously needs a change if future events like this are planned for the future.

Some of the heroic missions seem to be designed this way intentionally. But truthfully, don't most players have a reasonably high level Storm at this point? And if they didn't before, it seems like there was plenty of opportunity with the Thor tournament. Of course, some people may just not like using the character, which I suppose would be a fair point if they did design those missions with her in mind.

What you said is true, but not for all players. A lot of the new to semi-new players are going to be left out because they weren't able to get C. Storms from early on in the game, giving other players a huge advantage over the ones who didn't get any. As the person above you who posted, why don't people use C. Storm and stop complaining? Because people don't have them. They are harder to get now and probably even threw the covers away because they didn't know she would be easy to exploit.
  • There's still one cover of each color in PvE. They have also been plentiful during the Thor tournament, I would think. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky not to have amassed a decent number of her covers at this point if you've been actively playing. And having her at max level isn't remotely necessary. Mine is at 50. Admittedly, if you don't have her, for whatever reason, I absolutely agree with you it would be at a big disadvantage for some things and that's worth discussing.
  • Im not here to argue about classic storm but exactly how does her tempest work?
    I feel it like its not working when it should.

When I fight classic storm and I attacked her teammate with 12 hp left and he died I got hit with raging tempest.

But when I use her to fight with its a different story. My Thor was attacked for 1500 points of damage leaving him with 25 and my tempest didn't go off. Then they matched 3 and killed him again no tempest.

It finally worked once, but I ended up losing.

It just seems like there is no consistency, would someone break it down better for me.

Should a ko blow activate it?
    Do abilities activate it?
    Do cascades not count?
    Is it only a three match that does 20%
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2013
    Raging tempest only activates if a Teammate is hit for 20%+ of his/her total health. (Does not go off when C Storm herself is attacked)

Also, take out an opponents C Storm first or Stun her as she cannot Raging tempest while stunned.
  • Any single attack (match or abilities) that is greater than 20% of that character's total health. A cascade where individual matches didn't exceed that wouldn't trigger it.

I haven't noticed before, but I suppose even if the character has low health (your 12hp example) the attack itself was strong enough to trigger.

If your storm is stunned, tempest won't trigger.
  • It's any single hit that does >20% of max HP in damage to either of **Storm's teammates while she is not stunned.

Cascade matches can count, but only if a single match from that cascade does enough damage. 5 matches in a row that total >20% won't do anything. Abilities or KO blows can count.

Also, if the damage that activates it is part of a cascade, it will wait until the cascade finishes to activate. That does sometimes mean you'll be wiped out without it going off, or that you'll have multiple tempests stocked up that will go off consecutively when the cascade ends.
  • This is as I understand it....

The AI will attack whoever you have in front. Usually it is the hero you matched a color with. Thor is strong in Yellow and if you made a yellow match he will be in front to take the next hit. Tempest will proc when any character except storm is hit for 20% or more of their overall health. It has to be in a single blow as well. A cascade of matches that total over 20% count as separate instances of damage. Each character that is hit also trigger. So for example...the enemy thor uses his Green ability and hits everyone for 20% then two instances of tempest will occur. Things get really fun when they also have a Classic storm because they will proc back and forth until one is KOed.

I hope this helps.
  • Misguided wrote:
    There's still one cover of each color in PvE. They have also been plentiful during the Thor tournament, I would think. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky not to have amassed a decent number of her covers at this point if you've been actively playing. And having her at max level isn't remotely necessary. Mine is at 50. Admittedly, if you don't have her, for whatever reason, I absolutely agree with you it would be at a big disadvantage for some things and that's worth discussing.

I have her at about level 30 I think. I'm not really a big fan of her yellow power, but besides that, she is a good all around character.
  • Lol, it isn't especially heroic to stick a red shirt out in front to activate your powers, is it?
  • Thanks guys really helps plan my next time using her
  • There is a bug where if you lose and then attack a second time then the 20% is calculated based on the remaining starting health for the character, not their total health.

Kill Storm first. Always.
  • As thought to a solution to the exploit problem, perhaps a change to her yellow is needed. I propose the following:

Whenever an ally is dealt more than 60% of their health, Storm retaliates, dealing the same amount of damage received to the opposing team. At each rank up from there, it's -10% threshold, till it reaches the 20% threshold.

Admittedly, it would seem like keeping the threshold high would be advisable, so it's still a work in progress, but dealing the same damage back would be a nerf to team comps using throwaway characters, since you no longer deal massive damage off your 300 hit point character taking only 60 points of damage.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Lol, it isn't especially heroic to stick a red shirt out in front to activate your powers, is it?

<Thor>: "Hey Clint, wanna see something cool?"
    <Hawkeye>: "Uh... I've already seen the lightning bolt."
    <Thor>: "No, not that. Wanna see Storm's yellow can of Kick-butt."
    <Hawkeye>: "She can use yellow?"
    <Thor>: "Yeah, it's insane, but we need you to activate by smacking that guy with some purple"
    <Hawkeye>: "Why me? You can use purple"
    <Thor>: "She's not gonna notice if I do it, It's a lightning thing, it has to be your purple. Mine's pretty weak" [shows his purple attack]
    <Hawkeye>: "OMG, thats so weak. I'll show you a real purple"

Battle onomatopoeia

<Thor>: "Awesome Hawekeye! 18 RED!!!"
    <Storm>: "****?!? Hawkeye? Are you okay? ^%*$#@&amp;it Thor!
    <Thor>: "It's okay, we have more at HQ"
    <Storm>: "SHIELD said we're low on health packs and should avoid getting hurt"
    <Thor>: "Verily! Yet our supply of Hawkeye is without number!"

<Storm>: [muttering] "Why do I emotionally invest myself in these clones... [sighs]"
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    As thought to a solution to the exploit problem, perhaps a change to her yellow is needed. I propose the following:

Whenever an ally is dealt more than 60% of their health, Storm retaliates, dealing the same amount of damage received to the opposing team. At each rank up from there, it's -10% threshold, till it reaches the 20% threshold.

Admittedly, it would seem like keeping the threshold high would be advisable, so it's still a work in progress, but dealing the same damage back would be a nerf to team comps using throwaway characters, since you no longer deal massive damage off your 300 hit point character taking only 60 points of damage.

I don't think it should be substantially changed. I believe the spirit ought to be maintained. That the ability activates when a reasonably leveled comrade is injured by a significant amount. I believe the trigger ought to be modified as follows:

After an ally is damaged, the following is checked:

if [stormClassic.totalHP > ally.totalHP] check if storm has more hit points
    then if [damage > (stormClassic.totalHP * 0.20)] If storm has more hit points, trigger raging tempest if damage is greater than 20% of storm's total hit points.
    else if [damage > (ally.totalHP * 0.20)] if ally has more hit points, trigger raging tempest if damage is greater than 20% of ally's total hit points.

otherwise raging tempest is not triggered.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    <Thor>: "Verily! Yet our supply of Hawkeye is without number!"

Awesome, lol.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    If an ally dies from an attack, her yellow no longer triggers. Essentially makes her worthless.

Wish the devs would include ALL the changes in the log.

PS: I approve of this nerf, but I wish it was included in the patch notes.

EDIT: fulu nicely explained overkill damage change.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    If an ally dies from an attack, her yellow no longer triggers. Essentially makes her worthless.

That's only because there is no longer overkill damage. You do however much health the target has left. If that is > the percent you need to trigger, it will still go off. Besides, ap generation off green and a high damage, multi target 4 turn stun is hardly worthless.
  • exactly what fulu said, her yellow is good but i run her with a high level team so it rarely goes off. her blue is amazing by itself.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

That's only because there is no longer overkill damage. You do however much health the target has left. If that is > the percent you need to trigger, it will still go off. Besides, ap generation off green and a high damage, multi target 4 turn stun is hardly worthless.

Ah, you are right about the overkill damage. It triggered off a death when the person had full hp.

Maybe this is a good balance then.
  • Looks like her stun can only be triggered every 3 turns too.
This discussion has been closed.