Seriously? ALL buffed?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I understand buffing the requisite heroes in the LR's currently, but seriously all of them? I figured with the random nature of the rewards competition would be a little lighter than villain rounds. This setup has pretty much removed any possibility of 2* trying to transition to 3* comps due to the huge pool of max level buffed heroes :/

Am I over-reacting? Are the lightning rounds just not meant to be for any maxed 2* teams? Have I missed something? I see nothing coming from these rounds except for "the rich get richer"... And given how difficult it already can be to place it's seemingly taking more and more effort to transition up a star level than it used to be...

/rant.

Comments

• Lightning rounds have never been for the faint of heart. With villain LRs, a maxed 2* team could barely get a heroic token during off hours in an unpopular villain round.

Fortunately, the best part about LR is the tons of ISO it generates. So get to 100 or 250 points with your 2* team, enjoy the ISO and slowly transition into 3* from PVE events.
  • Works the same way with villians. LRs are THE most competitive events around. Only way to place consistently well is to have high level 3s. It's always been that way. People who don't have that should use these to get some quick Iso, then tank for other tourneys. It's always been this way.
  • Lightning rounds aren't for 2* transitioning to 3*

They're for earning ISO until you have 3* through luck/pve that can allow you to compete

Since this isn't bracketed, 2* teams have no chance of high placement
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one is SLIGHTLY more problematic than the villain ones though. In the villain ones if you have a max cover villain then in that round you only aim for the diabolic token. Here if you have 2 or even three max cover Heroes you will still drive for first in EVERY round since it is random token based. This means there is no less popular round like some of the 2 cover villains. It is all out war no matter who is featured. Yes it is rough on 2* teams but it is also rough on teams featuring only 1 of the buffed heroes. You could do very well in villain rounds with a single high level villain but here... The power level of the heroes paired with the need to always get high in the boards makes it a blood bath.
  • LRs are for tanking MMR.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I think the villain lightning rounds are much friendlier for transitioning from 2*->3* as you can just farm diabolicals with a top 50 finish. Getting top 25 is significantly harder, so I would just treat these as iso farming opportunities for you.
  • I think the MMR actually separates the 2* from the 3* pretty well in LR. There's quite a few guys in the top of the LR that clearly don't have high level heroes/villians to use.

Of course, it'd still help if you have at least one of the those characters at a decent level (say, 50) to do well.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I think the villain lightning rounds are much friendlier for transitioning from 2*->3* as you can just farm diabolicals with a top 50 finish. Getting top 25 is significantly harder, so I would just treat these as iso farming opportunities for you.

Yea difference between top 25 and top 50 is major. If I did manage to get top 25 I know the RNG gods would bless me with a Punisher cover. The only Hero I have finished.