I like the new bonus iso, but...

Options
2»

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    If they removed retaliation people would just be writing about how a killer team of 3X141 stomped on them repeatedly and they didn't even have a chance to attack back because there's no retaliation.

I think you shouldn't lose the victory bonus for skipping a retaliation, though.

If the point of retaliation is to stop people feeding off of lower ranked teams, then isn't it a no brainer to have a mechanic that says "If [attacker] would lose more points on a retaliation from [defender] than they get from defeating [defender], allow free skipping"? Otherwise the skip tax undermines the retaliation mechanic!
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    @Phantron

Not disputing that at all. It make sense and is the way it should work. I just know that I was pre-top 50 and hadnt hit 200 points when I started seeing the distribution shift to low point matches.

Well even top 50 is top 10% assuming your bracket is not an aberration. I noticed even climbing up to 300 points I started having a lot of matches against guys with 50 rating when I was sitting at 200, but I assume it's still early so even finding guys with 200 points is pretty rare.

As far as I can tell the MMR range tries to keep your opponents from a relatively static pool and it doesn't rearrange that pool unless you've made significant progress. For that matter, there might not even be enough guys with high scores this early to rearrange into antoher MMR range. I saw plenty of killer 141 teams sitting at below 100 by guys I have went up against many times, and just because their score is currently low doesn't mean the system should assume they've suddenly become an ultra newbie and is no longer worthy to be my opponent. It just means those guys haven't started playing seriously and they sure have no problem assuming their usual placement/rating once they get going.