Nissa, Vital Force: Official Thread

Alve
Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
edited September 2018 in Planeswalker Details
Nissa_II1jpg

Level 60 mana bonuses: +3 manawhitepng | +4 managreenpng | +2 manaredpng | manablackpng | manabluepng
Level 60 HP: 109
Level 60 max Creatures: 7 Spells: 4 Supports: 5

managreenpngNissa, Vital Force
1: Touch of Aether - cost: 9
1 - Convert 1 gem to Green and Energize 1.
2 - Convert 2 gems to Green and Energize 2.
3 - Convert 3 gems to Green and Energize 3.
4 - Convert 4 gems to Green and Energize 4.

2: Draw Aether - cost: 15
1 - Create a support with "When any player matches 3 or more Green gems, Energize 1."
2 - "...Energize 2."
3 - "...Energize 3."
4 - "...Energize 4."

3: Aether Inspiration - cost: 24
1 - Energize 5 and give each creature you control +X/+X until the end of your turn, where X is the number of Energized gems.
2 - ...where X is the number of Energized gems times 2.
3 - ...where X is the number of Energized gems times 3.
4 - ...where X is the number of Energized gems times 4.

Cost to Max Level: 79,920 runes
Nissa_II2jpg

Post your decks and tips for this Planeswalker below!

Comments

• ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    OK, so I'll open by recommending the obvious:

Only level her to 18 for the required event. She suffers from the same problems other Energized PWs do.

Nissa's Pilgrimage - Green 3 support - At the beginning of your turn convert 2 gems to Green.

Aether Hub - Colorless 6 support - When this support enters the board, Energize 1. Activate 1: You gain 3 mana. Overload 1: You gain 3 mana.
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I'm looking for a little help with my build:

Creatures:
    Arborback Stomper
    Bristling Hydra
    Rashmi, Eternities Crafter*
    Aetherwind Basker

Spells:
    Attune with Aether
    Scour from Existance
    Season's Past

Supports:
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Aether Hub
    Sword of the Animist

I don't have the REALLY good supports to overload ie Gonti's Heart, Dynavolt Tower or Aetherworks Marvel. So I'm going the creature route to victory, I also don't have Pyrostatic Pummler. I've played 5-10 quick battles. I was able to over come a Lillana 2 with graf harvest and prized amalgam out. The Arborback Stomper is fantastic and kept me in a few games! Sword of the Animist is also great. Setting off random overloads helps put this build over the top.
    *I was play testing with Nissa last night and found I was running out of cards pretty quickly. Rashmi is an attempt to keep cards in my hand, if she doesn't work Panharmonicon will likely be my next stop.

If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them!
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    i have been leveling mine 51 right now i have gontis but hard to energize without the blue green honestly or do enough to get overload 3s, did fight one that had that problem fixed but was aa butt load of mythics, c
    currently running
    scour from exisence (kill)
    nissas pilgrimage (mana)
    herons grace champion (healer)
    fertle thicket (mana
    aether hub (mana
    gontis aether heart (extra swap sometimes
    empyreal voyager (energize
    murders axe buff the ( emp dude
    sevant of the conduit (decent 6/6 with a bit of mana gain
    aim high (just to make one a chump blocker for a turn or buff him for more energize

biggesnt problem i have seen is if i can get the energize working i run out of cards to dam fast perhaps swap for basker forgot i had it honestly tried cultivators caravan but just to blah to use for a 3 activate i have to chase for 3 mana electrostatic i have but cheap would cast and be out of cards even faster and he is ehh i think. multiform perhaps for the cost i will keep herons gace for 2 more mana and a heal till he dies i think. open if anyone knows of a way to help with draws just dont have the cards i guess except of a low level mob that has draw one on cast

perhaps rogue refiner 4/3 for 11 isnt bad plus energize 2
    voltaic brawler may work but at 9 will run through cards faster too
    also have eathersphere harvester perhaps that too
    not sure i helped really but i tried and let you know what problems i ran into with it so far
    good luck

take that back lot of the lower cost one time energy seem to be elf which you could use sylvan messenger to help you get.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Supports:
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Aether Hub
    Sword of the Animist

Sword destroys blocks of gems and supports.

Destroyed gems don't count as energized.

When you run Sword, most times it's best to limit your other supports to things that activate when destroyed like Explosive Apparatus, Vessel of Volatility, Vessel of Paramnesia, etc.

Quick fixes for this would be to replace the Sword with Fertile Thicket or Retreat to Kazandu.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

Creatures:
    Arborback Stomper
    Bristling Hydra
    Rashmi, Eternities Crafter*
    Aetherwind Basker

Spells:
    Attune with Aether
    Scour from Existance
    Season's Past

Supports:
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Aether Hub
    Sword of the Animist

I don't have the REALLY good supports to overload ie Gonti's Heart, Dynavolt Tower or Aetherworks Marvel. So I'm going the creature route to victory, I also don't have Pyrostatic Pummler. I've played 5-10 quick battles. I was able to over come a Lillana 2 with graf harvest and prized amalgam out. The Arborback Stomper is fantastic and kept me in a few games! Sword of the Animist is also great. Setting off random overloads helps put this build over the top.
    *I was play testing with Nissa last night and found I was running out of cards pretty quickly. Rashmi is an attempt to keep cards in my hand, if she doesn't work Panharmonicon will likely be my next stop.

If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them!

I would definitely suggest fitting Empyreal Voyager in, maybe in place of the Aetherwind Basker. It's cheaper, flies, and energizes gems equal to its power. It's not as big as the Basker, but would do a better job of getting energy on the board for you. Longtusk Cub is decent too, energizes 1 gem on hit and has overload 1: +1/+1, but may be redundant with the Hydra and loyalty abilities.
  • voodoo_gremlin

Sword destroys blocks of gems and supports.

Destroyed gems don't count as energized.

It must be a glitch then. I had Arborback Stomper out last night with the sword. It destroyed a block with an engergized gem, no matches, no cascades and I gained five life. I maybe miss remembering. I'll try it again and if it doesn't work I'll put in Retreat to Kazandu. Thanks for your help!
  • voodoo_gremlin
    julianus wrote:

I would definitely suggest fitting Empyreal Voyager in, maybe in place of the Aetherwind Basker. It's cheaper, flies, and energizes gems equal to its power. It's not as big as the Basker, but would do a better job of getting energy on the board for you. Longtusk Cub is decent too, energizes 1 gem on hit and has overload 1: +1/+1, but may be redundant with the Hydra and loyalty abilities.
    I will try out the Voyager when I get home. I tried the Longtusk Cub last night and found it to be underwhelming and the energizing is just not enough.

Thank you for your suggestions.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    julianus wrote:

I will try out the Voyager when I get home. I tried the Longtusk Cub last night and found it to be underwhelming and the energizing is just not enough.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yeah, the Cub is pretty much a standard 6/6 creature if you're not already generating a good amount of energy. If you are then it can get bigger fairly quickly, but it's not amazing, just good in a high energy deck. That's actually the root of my (and others') general criticism of energy/overload, most of the cards need a regular supply of energy to be good and most don't provide a lot of it.