RAtC: 1.2 - Summon 3+ vehicles: Seems fixed with updated?

Options
aenigmaeffect
aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey, I just played RAtC's node 1.2.

Secondary objective: summon 3 or more vehicles.

This was a bug yesterday, where I DID get points for summoning 0 vehicles.

Just now, after the update, I summoned 0 vehicles and I didn't get the points. Anyone else confirm (perhaps with summoning vehicles?)

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes I can confirm. Happened to me too, thought it wasn't going to be fixed during the event. At least that's what they told us :-/
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Yes I can confirm. Happened to me too, thought it wasn't going to be fixed during the event. At least that's what they told us :-/

It initially wasn't supposed to, but the event ran longer than anticipated and as such the bugfix went through with today's update.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:

It initially wasn't supposed to, but the event ran longer than anticipated and as such the bugfix went through with today's update.

Is there any chance that the PvE event boss health gets re-tuned so that these weekend events don't last beyond 72 hours?
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Is there any chance that the PvE event boss health gets re-tuned so that these weekend events don't last beyond 72 hours?
    Hopefully the devs have the data whether it was caused by players unable to beat node 3 matches (thus not affecting the boss' health) or some other reasons.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Definitely.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Definitely.
    Whoa whoa whoa hold on a minute.

The reason why this event is dragging for so long is that unlike the players of the top few coalitions who can beat Tezzeret one way or another, there are plenty of players who cannot. So the health is going down much slower than usual. There are still many players, including those in my coalition and not for a lack of trying, who have not obtained the final Progression tier.

The health should not be "retuned". Either the particular battle should be rebalanced or the ability to skip a battle should be added. I reiterate, not retuning the boss health.

This is a clear example of catering to the top players at the expense of the others. People please think through the consequences of your suggestions.
  • Mainloop25
    Options

The reason why this event is dragging for so long is that unlike the players of the top few coalitions who can beat Tezzeret one way or another, there are plenty of players who cannot. So the health is going down much slower than usual. There are still many players, including those in my coalition and not for a lack of trying, who have not obtained the final Progression tier.

The health should not be "retuned". Either the particular battle should be rebalanced or the ability to skip a battle should be added. I reiterate, not retuning the boss health.

This is a clear example of catering to the top players at the expense of the others. People please think through the consequences of your suggestions.

How about this instead. Someone already suggested somewhere the ability to skip over a node to play the next one in rotation instead. You will have to lose a refresh, but at least you aren't stuck banging your head against the wall for what, 4 days now?
  • span_argoman
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:

How about this instead. Someone already suggested somewhere the ability to skip over a node to play the next one in rotation instead. You will have to lose a refresh, but at least you aren't stuck banging your head against the wall for what, 4 days now?
    Yes that works better, and I acknowledged that in my reply which you quoted. Either the ability to skip the battle or the battle itself gets returned.

But reducing the health of the boss, while being the easy fix, is not the way to go.

*edit*
    Also those who are banging their heads still are those who are still trying to win that mission. So why deprive them of the chance to? For those not clearing the nodes, they should not be all that bothered that the event is still ongoing.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    It's a bother when you may want the event to end so you can finally get the reward you rightfully earned by building decks solid enough to beat the bosses multiple times.

It won't be half the bother when we finally get multiple deck slots so you're not having to change your best Pw's decks every eight hours during concurrent events.
  • span_argoman
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    It's a bother when you may want the event to end so you can finally get the reward you rightfully earned by building decks solid enough to beat the bosses multiple times.

It won't be half the bother when we finally get multiple deck slots so you're not having to change your best Pw's decks every eight hours during concurrent events.
    Fair enough. All the best with the race. Though if the developers had implemented my suggestion from earlier:
    Assuming these boss events are solely dependent on player participation for decreasing the boss' health, one way to make them more robust to varying player participation rates is to have the boss health decrease with participation and over time.

As an example, say the boss has 1,000,000 ribbons worth of health. Let's assume 3 scenarios:

Low-participation: 10,000 points/hour
    Normal-participation: 20,000 points/hour
    High-participation: 40,000 points/hour

Based on participation only, the event will last:
    Low-pa: 100 hours (4.2 days)
    Norm-pa: 50 hours (2.1 days)
    High-pa: 25 hours (1.0 days)

And this leads to problems like what we are currently facing where events can either be too short or last forever.

On the other hand, say if the boss' health was doubled to 2,000,000 ribbons and aside from participation the health naturally drops by 1% per hour (20,000 points per hour).

What we then get is:
    Low-pa: 66.7 hours (2.8 days)
    High-pa: 33.3 hours (1.4 days)

And the ratio between participation and time can be tweaked to manage variability. Say if we raise the total points to 4,000,000 and up the attrition over time to 1.5% (now 60,000 points per hour), we get:
    Low-pa: 57.1 hours (2.4 days)
    High-pa: 40 hours (1.7 days)

So for the same range of participation rates, you can reduce the event duration variance from 3.2 days to 0.7 days.

The point is by adding a fixed component to the rate that the boss' health decreases, you have a greater control over the duration of the event by:
    1. Having less variability in event duration between high participation and low participation events.
    2. Having a guarantee that the event will end by a certain fixed timing even if there is little to no participation. This is especially important considering that a lot of people stop playing after hitting all their progression rewards in coalition events.
    then the event duration would not really be an issue.

But yeah, that would still deprive many players of the progression reward considering they just cannot beat Tezzeret especially in his current bugged form where the Construct's Overload 1 ability automatically triggers at the start of his turn.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    I've got no problem with that suggestion
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Definitely.

completely agree with your point, event is tailored to players from top20 coalitions and we have this issue with rich will get richer. Players who can easily beat tezz will probably earn another mythic making their decks even stronger which would probably increase the difficulty of the future PVE events while everyone who doesnt belong to 1% will have even more difficulty apart from skipping 3.3 maybe we should be able to scale boss's health depending on which tier you're on ?
    EG. platinium and gold 100% silver 75% bronze 50% of bosses health

Event last too long and should not overlap with NOP as its a really pain in the backside to shuffle through decks.
    I do also like the idea of skipping node EG. if you didnt beat tezz your next node is 3.1 so you missed on potential 60 points and are not stuck on tezz forever