MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2017 Edition *Updated (2/24/17)

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Peggy boosted for Gauntlet. Alright!

Gauntlet being live through the weekend is precisely what I want. I really don't like worrying about timers during the weekend, I love how the Gauntlet is something you can do at your own pace.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I have a quick question for Brigby. I have only noticed now that Strange Sights will end on 02/15 and that the gauntlet will start on 02/16. So will we have a day without PvE? It could be pleasant to have no PvE for one day.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Histamiel wrote:
    I have a quick question for Brigby. I have only noticed now that Strange Sights will end on 02/15 and that the gauntlet will start on 02/16. So will we have a day without PvE? It could be pleasant to have no PvE for one day.
    With all due respect, I'm afraid you might be mistaken. Strange Sights is supposed to end on 02/16. Looking at the Event right now in-game, I see that the time left says "2d 12h".
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Histamiel wrote:
    With all due respect, I'm afraid you might be mistaken. Strange Sights is supposed to end on 02/16. Looking at the Event right now in-game, I see that the time left says "2d 12h".
    My bad. Mine says 1 d and 17h left and it will end on 02/16 on early morning for you. Thanks.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Gauntlet coming up, please please tell us you have adjusted the reward structure to be at least a bit worth it.

It is by far the very worst event rewards wise. Losing out on thousands and thousands of ISO, hundreds of HP, multiple covers and not to mention, a boat load of CP, is an awful premise for an event.

(And those that like it because you can play at your own pace for progression, you can already do that in the normal PVE for better rewards at lower difficulty)
  • Daiches wrote:
    With Gauntlet coming up, please please tell us you have adjusted the reward structure to be at least a bit worth it.

It is by far the very worst event rewards wise. Losing out on thousands and thousands of ISO, hundreds of HP, multiple covers and not to mention, a boat load of CP, is an awful premise for an event.

(And those that like it because you can play at your own pace for progression, you can already do that in the normal PVE for better rewards at lower difficulty)

yup.

no scl, no daily sub awards, no alliance sub awards, no alliance placement awards, no 25 cp in progression. one 4* is the big prize which is likely a champ level for most vets. this event is for 2-3 star transitioners. please update gauntlet awards, its a huge waste of time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if the pvp matchmaking event is the 2 vs 2, please understand that the vast majority of the playerbase really REALLY dislikes that event. it concentrates the damage to less characters and by not having a 3, all abilities are strong ones. lots of health packs and somewhat a slow slog.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

yup.

no scl, no daily sub awards, no alliance sub awards, no alliance placement awards, no 25 cp in progression. one 4* is the big prize which is likely a champ level for most vets. this event is for 2-3 star transitioners. please update gauntlet awards, its a huge waste of time.

I think you're forgetting one major thing. 500 ISO for the first clear of every node.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    if the pvp matchmaking event is the 2 vs 2, please understand that the vast majority of the playerbase really REALLY dislikes that event. it concentrates the damage to less characters and by not having a 3, all abilities are strong ones. lots of health packs and somewhat a slow slog.
    It's either Deadpool version + 2 others.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    It's either Deadpool version + 2 others.
    that is much better. still a very wonky node setup, but better than 2 on 2.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

I think you're forgetting one major thing. 500 ISO for the first clear of every node.
    That's 21k iso over a 3 day event, that's less than 1 day farming a standard pve
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

That's 21k iso over a 3 day event, that's less than 1 day farming a standard pve

If you actually farmed them like you farm standard PVE, I believe it's either 750 or 850 per node.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh lordy...gauntlet for the Quake cover?

You guys keep tormenting me. First the last Ghost Rider cover I needed didn't show up as progression because of the Boss Rush event, now I need my final Quake cover and I've got to beat the entire gauntlet to get it!

Assuming of course you're not even bigger meanie heads and use her blue cover 8I
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards

You guys keep tormenting me. First the last Ghost Rider cover I needed didn't show up as progression because of the Boss Rush event, now I need my final Quake cover and I've got to beat the entire gauntlet to get it!

Assuming of course you're not even bigger meanie heads and use her blue cover 8I
    Will it be like that? Gauntlet usually gives the character you need for the next event rather than the required Legendary.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:

Will it be like that? Gauntlet usually gives the character you need for the next event rather than the required Legendary.
    Yes, I am afraid there might not be a Quake cover at all in the Gauntlet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    How appropriate that I won't have to play much MPQ when Pokemon Go is rumored to be releasing generation 2. I may have some hunting to do this weekend.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    How appropriate that I won't have to play much MPQ when Pokemon Go is rumored to be releasing generation 2. I may have some hunting to do this weekend.
    You play Go? But how do you survive the sunlight, muggers, wild animals, and high-speed traffic?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

If you actually farmed them like you farm standard PVE, I believe it's either 750 or 850 per node.
    Also, isn't 500 a node equal to 30k once the 18 essentials are factored in?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby Can you confirm or deny that the extra CP rewards will stay or go in the next PVP?

#ampersandsarecool
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas wrote:
    Brigby Can you confirm or deny that the extra CP rewards will stay or go in the next PVP?

#ampersandsarecool
    @ is not an ampersand. & is an ampersand