Does anyone have a perfect score in this event?

Options
2»

Comments

• watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Alve wrote:
    Please, read JC's comment from another thread
    watman wrote:
    Can anyone prove that the 3.1 node speed objective is even mathematically possible?

It is. There are some broken combos. Personally I use Kiora loop, which can quite easily put over 100/200 points of damage on the board in one turn once it gets rolling. Of course it requires plenty of luck to get it rolling so soon, but it's possible. Then you have the Aether Heart/lotsaenergy/Marvel combo. Mythic heavy, luck-based, difficult to achieve? Yes. Fun to keep trying, if you can? Totally. It's just 5 ribbons. If I don't get them, I won't cry.
    Would you share your deck? I'd gladly try that one if I have all the cards needed...
    Alve wrote:
    In another thread
    Irgy wrote:
    The problem with this is not that it isn't winnable. The problem is that it shouldn't be winnable.
    If there's combos which are capable of achieving this objective, especially if reliably, then it's simply a very poor reflection on card balance. It's something to be ashamed of not something to rub in everyone's faces with this objective.
    That is actually true. Many cards/combos could use some rebalancing and this objective only exacerbates the problem.
    Doesn't change the fact that not getting 10-15 ribbons total in an event should not make people quit the game. Seriously. (Referring to people who complain only about that particular secondary, not the poor folks who got eternally stuck on Tezz)
    I have already finished the progression on this one (with boss on 45% ATM), so the event in total was a bit easier for me than the earlier ones, when I had to think more initially to get the right decks. Granted, I have scratched several of the secondaries off the bat (like Tezz's vehicles - I don't have Souvereign, and any other vehicle would **** my Koth deck too much), so it is a good time to try and get those missing ones...
  • Aairlon
    Options
    Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with this event. while I can appreciate having a challenging event, it seems like you have to have certain cards to be able to succeed. I will continue to try to beat this event, but I feel like this is setting an extremely high bar, that is doesn't seem to allow for creative deck building.

While I am admittedly fairly casual my coalition had been breaking into the top 100 over the past month or two. To date only one of my members has been able to defeat the final encounter on the Tez node. (Fateful Showdown most of us were beating the final encounter)

Recently it feels like by trying to appease the very top coalitions and gamers the rest of us are being left behind.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aairlon wrote:
    Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with this event. while I can appreciate having a challenging event, it seems like you have to have certain cards to be able to succeed. I will continue to try to beat this event, but I feel like this is setting an extremely high bar, that is doesn't seem to allow for creative deck building.

While I am admittedly fairly casual my coalition had been breaking into the top 100 over the past month or two. To date only one of my members has been able to defeat the final encounter on the Tez node. (Fateful Showdown most of us were beating the final encounter)

Recently it feels like by trying to appease the very top coalitions and gamers the rest of us are being left behind.

Another game I play fell down this same rabbit hole. The hardcore players complained on the forums that everything was too easy, that was the only feedback developers saw, they massively upped the difficulty to appease the top players, then the majority of other players quit playing because the game was too hard. I really hope that's not what's happening here.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Another game I play fell down this same rabbit hole. The hardcore players complained on the forums that everything was too easy, that was the only feedback developers saw, they massively upped the difficulty to appease the top players, then the majority of other players quit playing because the game was too hard. I really hope that's not what's happening here.

We hardcore players hate the new event too. If that's what they've done, they've made a very big mistake.
  • PastrySpider
    PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am reasonably hardcore and I wouldn't say I hate the new event (the actual decks are mostly good and challenging) but some of the objectives need tweaking.

The two haste objects (1.1 and 3.1) are badly designed. 1.1 is too random (three rounds means you have no way dealing with poor gem options). 3.1 is maybe impossible. I preferred the haste objective in the last event because it was higher hp and more rounds. In general the haste objectives are fine for making easy nodes challenging.

The vehicle objectives are the other problematic ones. The short 1.2's vehicle objective is fine (but currently broken). 3.3s vehicle objective is not good because there aren't really many interesting vehicle decks which could win 3.3 on their own so everyone will just be trying to load a cheap vehicle in and churn cards until they can cast 4 of them. Not fun. In general, please avoid "use X things" type objectives on the final node because that's the node where people can bring out their biggest decks.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I consider myself relatively hardcore and I don't hate this event either, just a few of the objectives. Not a fan of "win with less than x hp" objectives either.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alve wrote:
    Please, read JC's comment from another thread
    watman wrote:
    Can anyone prove that the 3.1 node speed objective is even mathematically possible?

It is. There are some broken combos. Personally I use Kiora loop, which can quite easily put over 100/200 points of damage on the board in one turn once it gets rolling. Of course it requires plenty of luck to get it rolling so soon, but it's possible. Then you have the Aether Heart/lotsaenergy/Marvel combo. Mythic heavy, luck-based, difficult to achieve? Yes. Fun to keep trying, if you can? Totally. It's just 5 ribbons. If I don't get them, I won't cry.

My complaint isn't that it's possible, it's that it's only possible with a very small subset of synergistic cards, which effectively limits its completion to a small percentage of the player base.