Broke Falcon? [Fixed]

Droc76
Droc76 Posts: 56
Just tried using him in the new pve event and his blue won't target any enemy countdown tiles. I had 9 blues saved up and nothing. Thanks

Comments

• gotskott
    gotskott Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Same here. I've tried him in combination with multiple other characters and hoarded as much blue as I could. Redwing never never fired.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, make sure Redwing is rank 5. But not surprised it's broken. Unless Thanos had purple out.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    yes same issue for me when doing TBE with Falcon - 5 Blue collected and he wasnt even clearing strike tiles let alone countdowns
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    It's a bug, Redwing is not activating.
    Even during TBE vs goons it's not firing off at all with 5+ blue AP.
    His new purple is nice though, but...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Everyone. I've gone ahead and reached out to the developers about Falcon's Redwing ability. I'll update this post once I hear back from them. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • shimmeryphil
    shimmeryphil Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Has anyone else noticed issues with Redwing triggering since this update? As in, it hasn't triggered once for me today despite me having sufficient blue AP and there being valid target tiles on the board.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Yet another case of tiny kitty poor testing! I utilize this character almost exclusively on goon nodes, specifically for his blue passive! He's useless without it!!! How do you guys manage to introduce a new bug (in existing functionality) every single release??!?!? This is why I continue to give one star reviews for this game. The level of bugs is inexcusable!!!
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, redwing isn't activating at all. Come on guys. You're better than this.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess Redwing wasn't happy about not being able to go over and hum... play with the enemy Redwing, after the skill change, so he decided that if Redwing ain't working, Redwing ain't working. Or maybe he's just mad the Falcons lost the big game. icon_cry.gif

I hope he's fixed soon, as I use him every day in the Big Enchilada, and on most easy/normal nodes in PvE.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_lol.gif

Perfect, just perfect.
  • Came here to post the same thing. Disappointing.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Thanks Brigby
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I guess Redwing wasn't happy about not being able to go over and hum... play with the enemy Redwing, after the skill change, so he decided that if Redwing ain't working, Redwing ain't working. Or maybe he's just mad the Falcons lost the big game. icon_cry.gif

I hope he's fixed soon, as I use him every day in the Big Enchilada, and on most easy/normal nodes in PvE.

Because he won't work for anything else, I'm wondering if he mistakenly only targets other Redwing tiles now... In any case, hopefully a fix is quick because 4* Carol, 3* Falcon and 3* Blade is my new favorite anti-goon team.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    How can a patch affecting only 2 characters get released without a dev actually testing 6 powers just once? That would be 3 minutes of play, saving us to wait 2 weeks for a fix.
  • disdamn
    disdamn Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Was just in a match against 2* Bullseye with Sam Wilson (Falcon). The Redwing power no longer fires against Bullseye's Protect Tiles so that makes the one thing he's good for now useless.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    And you had 5 blue? Then it's an unfortunate bug. I like Falcon.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would suck but wouldn't surprise me given the devs recent track record for QAM
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv wrote:
    How can a patch affecting only 2 characters get released without a dev actually testing 6 powers just once? That would be 3 minutes of play, saving us to wait 2 weeks for a fix.

Indeed it is utterly ridiculous that even basic sanity level testing has clearly not taken place on this release, it is bad enough when less connected stuff gets broken and not caught before being released, but it is inexcusable for the basic functionality of one of the characters being changed was broken by this release.

Did the test plan for this release consist of, does the app load and has the text for the powers been changed or something?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59010
    Already being discussed
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Tested and replicated results here. Used 3* Falcon on the enchilada. Redwing was very broken, not triggering for strikes, attacks, countdowns. I had enough blue for three out of the four waves.