MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2017 Edition *Updated (2/24/17)

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I'm using nothing but Kingpin for a solid week.....yaaaaaaay. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Why is 2* Thor the essential again already for Strange Sights? He was just up in The Hunt.

I don't recall the 2* essential ever being repeated so quickly before?
    Good question. I'll ask the developers, but as with anything on this list, please keep in mind that details are subject to change. It's possible that they might decide to switch him out for someone else.

I'll let you know what they say icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    sybercide wrote:
    snipped
    Licensor approval matters a whole lot. Marvel may have demanded Mordo gets put in the game now to coincide with Dr Strange's re-release. Same thing with Riri and Black Panther being the Civil War version.

What I don't understand is why it's being run 2 weeks before the Blu-Ray is released. Mordo / Strange Sights seems one character release too soon.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    What I don't understand is why it's being run 2 weeks before the Blu-Ray is released. Mordo / Strange Sights seems one character release too soon.
    Because you will be able to start buying the digital version starting Feb. 14 (Amazon, Vudu, etc.). Digital releases are coming out 2 to 4 weeks prior to Blu-ray/DVD for a lot of stuff lately.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Because you will be able to start buying the digital version starting Feb. 14 (Amazon, Vudu, etc.). Digital releases are coming out 2 to 4 weeks prior to Blu-ray/DVD for a lot of stuff lately.

Interesting, and full of terms and conditions and regional streaming services. Personally I'll wait until I have a physical disk that I can play wherever and whenever I want without an Internet connection. Oh, for the far simpler (and lower resolution) days of VHS.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the next PVP tournament after Cyclops starting on 2/14, we probably are going to get PVP Matchmaking again.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    With the next PVP tournament after Cyclops starting on 2/14, we probably are going to get PVP Matchmaking again.
    I think they said the next one after Cyclops would be the Mordo one
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will we get an actual ending to Strange Sights this time?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I think they said the next one after Cyclops would be the Mordo one
    Mordo PVP starts on 2/16.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/13/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • Moon Roach
    PVP Matchmaking?

Is that a variant of Best Friends Forever?
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Please tell me the rewards for Gauntlet have been improved.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    PVP Matchmaking?

I'm guessing it's the Deadpool Valentine's day PvP they ran last year, though I'd like to be wrong on that. IIRC, the boosting was similar to BFF (as in known couples were boosted), and you had to choose a Deadpool for your third (could be either one).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merrick wrote:

Please tell me the scaling for Gauntlet has been improved. I assume they only run it once every three months because scaling + no alliance rewards makes it one of the least played events on their servers.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Merrick wrote:

Please tell me the scaling for Gauntlet has been improved. I assume they only run it once every three months because scaling + no alliance rewards makes it one of the least played events on their servers.

Ugh I was hoping for an easy Quake cover. Now she might not even be awarded in Gauntlet.. but normally when Gauntlet is running that means the devs are implementing something new so I hope something cool is released shortly after!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope Gauntlet will have worth while rewards. Typically they have little replay value, little iso and no command points and I assume SCL are a no
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach wrote:
    PVP Matchmaking?

I'm guessing it's the Deadpool Valentine's day PvP they ran last year, though I'd like to be wrong on that. IIRC, the boosting was similar to BFF (as in known couples were boosted), and you had to choose a Deadpool for your third (could be either one).

Yes, you're correct, here's the link.

I didn't find it in my compilation of events post, an omission soon to be corrected. It was a horrible event, so horrible.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    PVP Matchmaking?

Yes, you're correct, here's the link.

I didn't find it in my compilation of events post, an omission soon to be corrected. It was a horrible event, so horrible.
    I liked it a lot, but as I recall I had just champed my X-force Deadpool when it ran the first time which helped a lot. The rerun should be interesting.
    Gauntlet rerun is also interesting. Would be neat if they had SCLs for this one and the final progression on the higher SCLs was a 5* Black Panther cover, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that happening.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    unless the rewards for Gauntlet are better i'll be getting caught up on my XBone games
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I’m actually glad Gauntlet is next. It will cutdown on my daily ISO intake, but I’ve been nearing burnout after the last couple of events, so I’m ready for a more relaxed week. Plus with Quake as the event boost and both Xpool and Peggy boosted for the week, that’s a pretty good team to tackle the climb, especially now that there’s no character restrictions. Any new additions to the event would be just gravy on top.

I may even try for that Riri cover in Shield Sim this coming week, though man, that’s a cover that’s hard to get motivated for.