MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2017 Edition *Updated (2/24/17)

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    I love Civil War Boss event, but the timing again is quite unfortunate. My alliance won't be affected because we won't be able to be top100 this season, but I can see how some other can be quite affected. Devs should be more careful and never overlap Boss events with the end of a Season.

Regarding prices, I hope Carol is the reward in one of the sides. I guess if we consider CWII, Carol (Cap) and Riri (IM) are probably the best thematic rewards possible.
    I assume Black Panther will be a prize somehow, but if there's room for other fourstar rewards this would be awesome.
    Well, Carol covers would be awesome. Riri would be OK, I guess.

If past Boss events for new 5s is an indication (except first CW) we will get a 4 cover for rounds 5, 6, 7 and then an LT for the store of the new 5 in the final round. I expect the same structure reward here.

And yeah he is a 5, MCU version, presented with Boss event, around 45 days since last 5, etc. everything points to BP being a 5. At this point I am 100% sure.

I think both Quebbster and I are putting the chance at around 85-90%. Everything points to a 5*, but there's still the possibility of a 4*. I will point out that the 5* schedule is not consistent - we've had as few as one and as many as four 4* intros between each 5*. Statistically speaking, they haven't quite given us enough data to predict it reliably.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Historically boss fights are 3 days long, thus the next PVE will begin Sunday/Monday. Could we get an update for the next PVE before the weekend starts, please?

I'm more curious as to who will be essential. Too lazy to search.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

(2/2/17 - 2/9/17) *New Update*
    3-Star: Black Widow (Grey Suit), Captain Marvel (Modern), She-Hulk, Spider-Man (Classic), Thanos (Modern)

Does anyone know how much a boosted champed Thanos does with blackflag.png ? He does 4000 at max so I am curious about his boosted numbers.. I wonder if we'll see a lot of him floating around in the Howard PVP since most players will use a loaner
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:

(2/2/17 - 2/9/17) *New Update*
    3-Star: Black Widow (Grey Suit), Captain Marvel (Modern), She-Hulk, Spider-Man (Classic), Thanos (Modern)

Does anyone know how much a boosted champed Thanos does with blackflag.png ? He does 4000 at max so I am curious about his boosted numbers.. I wonder if we'll see a lot of him floating around in the Howard PVP since most players will use a loaner
    Boosted champed (~166) Thanos will do about 4.8k on Court Death. Not much of a boost for any 3* until you get a lot of champ levels.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/02/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies. Also added Marvel's Black Panther article
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/02/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies. Also added Marvel's Black Panther article
    Thanks, Brigby! Can you add "Updated 2/2" to the subject of the thread, so people will see it's updated?
  • Brigby
    Brigby wrote:
    Thanks, Brigby! Can you add "Updated 2/2" to the subject of the thread, so people will see it's updated?
    Nope. Can't do it. Absolutely not.

icon_razz.gif
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Weekly buffs list shows 4* Blade, but the Howard PVP preview that is up in-game shows War Machine boosted instead. Which is right?
  • Brigby
    Weekly buffs list shows 4* Blade, but the Howard PVP preview that is up in-game shows War Machine boosted instead. Which is right?
    Nice catch! They must have adjusted that this week. I've updated the list to reflect that it's War Machine that is actually buffed, instead of Blade.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    PleaseberedjessicaprogressionPleaseberedjessicaprogressionPleaseberedjessicaprogressionPleaseberedjessicaprogression...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Brigby, is there any chance we'll be seeing an update here by Monday about the coming PvP season and which character(s) will be getting a rebuild alongside it? I'm sitting on two Mr. Fantastic covers and one Nick Fury cover... both are 13/13 and unchamped, and both are prime candidates for a rework. I was hoping to know if I should put my limited resources into one (or neither) before the covers expire. Thanks!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hunt. Again.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much of a mess as Florida is, at least it gives good XP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ohhh, Black Vortex! I've been looking forward to trying the new and improved Star-Lord with his buddies Nova and Iceman!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Twysta wrote:
    PleaseberedjessicaprogressionPleaseberedjessicaprogressionPleaseberedjessicaprogressionPleaseberedjessicaprogression...
    It has to be since she´s featured in the upcoming PVE. Due to the Civil War Alliance rewards I assume that "The Hunt" will yield a purple Spider-Women cover.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Hey Brigby, is there any chance we'll be seeing an update here by Monday about the coming PvP season and which character(s) will be getting a rebuild alongside it? I'm sitting on two Mr. Fantastic covers and one Nick Fury cover... both are 13/13 and unchamped, and both are prime candidates for a rework. I was hoping to know if I should put my limited resources into one (or neither) before the covers expire. Thanks!
    They usually announce the character rebalance on Monday night.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I need a red or black Jessica Drew cover to champ her. I dearly need the progression reward for hunt to either be one of those two or I need my alliance to overachieve and clear Team IM quickly enough that we'll have time to clear round 5 of Team Cap as well.
  • Brigby
    *(2/06/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Galactus was the Destroyer of Worlds, not Drax... icon_e_smile.gif
    also, major thread cleanse
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Miles should be next in the Crash, but his cover is missing from the taco vault, Red Hulk is there, who is after Miles. So, is Miles getting skipped?