Does anyone else viscerally hate playing with new Chandra?

Options
JopeX37
JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Because I sure do. Her abilities are weak, her hp is too low given how terrible her abilities are and I even heard a rumor she owns every Nickelback album. The only thing even remotely playable about her is her mana but that isn't close to compensating for her general suckitude. I honestly wish I had not spent the crystals on her, dropped down to our sub-coalition, and just taken this event easy.

Until she gets the Sorin treatment or we're(and I really hope this never happens again) required to use her again I never will.

Comments

• blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know. So far, she's the only pw i used in this event that has not lost a match. I have lost with Dovin and Kiora. I kinda like her now. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't hate playing with her, but she is pretty mediocre. The second objective is close to impossible to hit consistently.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She's a red planeswalker with ignorable abilities. I like the mana gain, which is obviously how they attempted to balance her. I really hate how her first ability destroys her own stuff, seems like a huge oversight (at a cost of 9, it should be beneficial).

For the event, I built a deck with absolutely no KLD cards, then used the first ability twice to get the objective. Second objective is just trolling the players to break ties.

I will never use her in any event unless A) I'm forced to use her or B) It's a Red node with an Energize objective.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    I don't know. So far, she's the only pw i used in this event that has not lost a match. I have lost with Dovin and Kiora. I kinda like her now. icon_e_biggrin.gif

how many of those times was against another chandra 2?

HH
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    Whilst she's not great I think she's not terrible either. I actually only levelled her to 29 and that worked out well for the inventors fair event as she matched against similar level walkers.

She only dropped 1 bonus point (trying to take less than 15 damage when your oppenent makes rattlechains isn't easy for red lol).

So all in all she wasn't bad, she's certainly no Koth tho. (Which let's be honest, is probably a good thing).
  • PastrySpider
    PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Her mana gains are great and that alone makes her viable but her skills are pretty awful. Maybe I am just lacking the right cards (no Territorial Gorger) but I don't think red uses energy well. I don't think I actually used her abilities once in a meaningful way the whole event.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No koth, indeed. Just won against a qb match that should have been able to wipe me out if it was koth running the same deck.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i paired up agaisnt a few c2 during the event in the beginning rounds, was pretty good took one beating won the rest with her, over all just not a pw worth using honestly kaladesh has no red energize cards really and even if you do your just leaving it around for someone else to use is all
  • AettThorn
    AettThorn Posts: 125
    Options
    I don't hate her, but she does feel very off. And will quickly become useless unless red gets some better energize options. Sure her mana gains are fairly good, but her abilities don't work together at all, and are way too expensive for what they do. Her abilities need a complete rework, I feel.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AettThorn wrote:
    I don't hate her, but she does feel very off. And will quickly become useless unless red gets some better energize options. Sure her mana gains are fairly good, but her abilities don't work together at all, and are way too expensive for what they do. Her abilities need a complete rework, I feel.

agree. currently, i save up loyalty to use her 2nd as an emergency kill spell.

i have dynavolt tower, and a few critters that energise on entry in her deck.