Koth in a non-red event

Options
srfin
srfin Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Once again I'm facing Koth in an event with no red nodes. How is this still a thing? Should be roughly 1 line of code to fix.

Sorry about the rant, just need to vent... The low quality of this game continues to blow my mind...

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    According to the people who have gotten a response to this from support, this is done on purpose to "give the player more of a challenge".
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    According to the people who have gotten a response to this from support, this is done on purpose to "give the player more of a challenge".
    and "variety"!

Nothing beats playing Longshaft's Koth multiple times in the same event.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:

see also "we don't want to change our matching algorithm from the same one we use for Quick Battle"
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So much variety in playing White/Black/Green every time too!
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

see also "we don't want to change our matching algorithm from the same one we use for Quick Battle"

Yet, there is far more variety in quick battle than in events. It's gotten to the point where I am in no rush to play in the current **** event. Let me guess, same black/white/green nodes again?
  • AettThorn
    AettThorn Posts: 125
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    wereotter wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Yet, there is far more variety in quick battle than in events. It's gotten to the point where I am in no rush to play in the current **** event. Let me guess, same black/white/green nodes again?

Yup. Think that's how it's going to be from now on.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    *yawn*

I think they probably schedule the events during the week in bulk beforehand.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    *yawn*

I think they probably schedule the events during the week in bulk beforehand.

Not even that. This has been the same repeating schedule of events during the week for a while now. It's just different on the weekends.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Yeah let me rephrase that. There is probably a program/spreadsheet/whatever that they can just plug in an event schedule, and then it gets shoved out for however long they predetermined automatically, without any extra input. Efficient, but lazy.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

I assure you my QB stats would be a lot worse if this was the case.
  • Shiser
    Shiser Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If variety was a concern, out of the thousands of players per tier you wouldn't see the same handful over and over and over again...