inventors fair? or buy to play?

Options
morgue427
morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
nice inventors fair to compete you need to have bought at least one of the new pws, and all that just for more of the same. at least give the people that bought them an exclusive card like the thopter pie network

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ??

I picked up Dovin Baan 100% for free; he didn't cost me a dime. C2 can be purchased right now for crystals that you have earned in game. How is that B2P?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    ??

I picked up Dovin Baan 100% for free; he didn't cost me a dime. C2 can be purchased right now for crystals that you have earned in game. How is that B2P?

This time round they didn't give advance warning, so people might not have crystals on hand.
  • octal9
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    This time round they didn't give advance warning, so people might not have crystals on hand.
    This is a fair point to make. The first time around it wasn't 100% volunteered, either - we learned it by asking. And that was, of course, only available to those "in the know" here on the forums/slack/reddit.

It's unfortunate that people may not have them on hand, but at the same time we did know a week back that she'd be arriving today at 8am UTC.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Runes are not easy to come by either for low volume players.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    This is really the kind of thing they needed to give some advance warning on.

I play a lot and completely forgot about the Chandra possibility till a few days ago. I barely scrapped enough crystals to buy her.

I might have warned my coalition too late as a result, and a lot of them are going to have trouble fielding a competitive Chandra.
  • octal9
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    a lot of them are going to have trouble fielding a competitive Chandra.
    From a secondary objective perspective it may be easier with her not maxed out.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    a lot of them are going to have trouble fielding a competitive Chandra.
    From a secondary objective perspective it may be easier with her not maxed out.

My low level dovin matched up against a lvl 60 in the last fair.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Probably should be renamed inventor's unfair icon_lol.gif
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it was my mistake i am sorry, i looked quick and thought you needed to play dovin if you had him and chandra 2 in this round of inventors fair, which would have been wrong on many levels. i got chandra 2 when it came out, still much prefer the first one even with most of kaladesh to choose from.