A Few Suggestions..

Options
Runningwild
Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
From someone who has been playing from the preview build with great concerns over the future of this title, I can honestly say that D3Publisher are paying attention to their player base. Kudos to that.

I just wanted to list a few things that you should consider taking a look at in future updates.

* Reward list progress in Tournaments for each player should be refined. How about something like crossing out / graying out or ticking off rewards that players have already attained. This will save ALOT of time spent scrolling. Especially if you've dropped points due to retaliations..

* Team up battles defaulting to select non-owned, lower level characters: This is not just frustrating - it's absolutely infuriating. There's nothing worse than forgetting the game has selected a lowly leveled team up character over yours. How about having the game automatically select the highest character in the pile? That way, if your Thor, for example is worse than the team up character offered, there wouldn't be an issue. Please address this. Having to force close the game just to avoid the health penalty shouldn't be the solution.

* Retaliation attacks: A hot topic to be sure, but perhaps consider only having one retaliation per player per day during a tournament. This would alleviate the issue of players getting slammed while they sleep, work, etc.. which would result in participants generally having more fun. I know I am personally less keen to try and pull off a number one spot in a tournament because I live in Australia. My timezone alone takes me out of the equation for top spot as the times the tournament ends are just not doable for me here. Of course you cant please everyone, but as many other players have said, logging in upon the morning or after work to see they've dropped 200+ points and spots due to being retaliated on by everyone they've spanked on their way to the top isn't a great feeling. It's essentially working your **** off for peanuts and leaves a sour taste in the mouth. We all know the retaliator has pretty much all the balls in their court. They have the advantage of switching to their best team to match the weaknesses the team they're retaliating against, can boost to their heart's content and of course get three attempts to take their revenge. The way things are at the moment with retaliation seriously needs tweaking I think.

Last but not least - I understand you're trying to gauge the market, but extra cover slots are proving to be far too expensive. I'm not going to mention just how much money I've spent on Marvel Puzzle Quest. All I will say is that I am glad to support the team behind this app that I am really enjoying, but I'll be honest when I say that I haven't purchased an extra slot since the price hike, nor will I until something improves in that department. Sorry guys. This simply isn't worth it at the moment.

All up, a great game that carries on the Puzzle Quest name faithfully. I'm sure Infinite Interactive are glad the title is in your hands.

Comments

• A lot of this has been addressed already in other topics. Since I see that you're relatively new (only 4 posts ATM) to the forum I will try to catch you up.

Just as an FYI when I refer to IceIX , he is the most active Forum Mod. He is the all-knowing Mayor of a town inhabited by only village idiots. icon_lol.gif Serioiusly though, he may not post on any particular thread that you write - but that does not mean that he doesn't read them. Based on his super-informed posts, when he says that he reads almost everything - he means it.
    From someone who has been playing from the preview build with great concerns over the future of this title, I can honestly say that D3Publisher are paying attention to their player base. Kudos to that.

They have mentioned (paraphrasing) that the "Preview Edition" moniker is only there because they want it to have a certain amount of content and bugs worked out before they make it the "Full Edition" - no worries about it going boom. They've worked on some big stuff (i.e. porting Mass Effect to Windows PCs) so they're a solid company.

Reward list progress in Tournaments for each player should be refined. How about something like crossing out / graying out or ticking off rewards that players have already attained. This will save ALOT of time spent scrolling. Especially if you've dropped points due to retaliations.

We have been screaming for this since the beginning. I would greatly suggest finding it in a different thread and voicing support for it as a reply. IceIX has stated that it is easier for them to gauge support for ideas by the popularity of one topic with ideas than multiple, less popular ones. Think about it - a thread with 50 replies of support looks a lot better than many people posting the ideas in their own (and slightly different) way and having no replies to make it stand out and stay at the top of the topic area.
    Team up battles defaulting to select non-owned, lower level characters: This is not just frustrating - it's absolutely infuriating. There's nothing worse than forgetting the game has selected a lowly leveled team up character over yours. How about having the game automatically select the highest character in the pile? That way, if your Thor, for example is worse than the team up character offered, there wouldn't be an issue. Please address this. Having to force close the game just to avoid the health penalty shouldn't be the solution.

Again, something MANY others have addressed in other topic threads - You're not alone. HOWEVER - there is a majority of people who like to use the "freebies" as bait for Classic Storm's Raging Tempest (yellow ability) rather than risking damage to their own characters. It all comes down to individual gameplay strategy.

Also - if it is happening to you so much, why have you not made it a habbit to ALWAYS check? You have 2 screens you have to pass through before you're in-match. No offense. Just sayin'...
    Retaliation attacks: A hot topic to be sure, but perhaps consider only having one retaliation per player per day during a tournament. This would alleviate the issue of players getting slammed while they sleep, work, etc.. which would result in participants generally having more fun. They have the advantage of switching to their best team to match the weaknesses the team they're retaliating against, can boost to their heart's content and of course get three attempts to take their revenge. The way things are at the moment with retaliation seriously needs tweaking I think.

You're right - hot topic (and again, posted many other places). I'm guessing here, but it sounds like you might be relatively new-ish to the game. I'm going to be blunt and straight-forward with this answer so don't take it as an attack.

You have the exact same ability to retaliate as anyone else - like when it is daytime in Australia and we're all sleeping in the USA. Also be really careful who you attack and retaliate against. There are topics in Tips & Guides that address this. If you have higher points than someone, you won't gain as many as you lost when you retaliate - then if they retaliate again with boosts and win, you will lose more than you have previously won. It is like trying to dig your way out of a hole. PAY ATTENTION to EVERYTHING - the Skip button is your friend.
    Last but not least - I understand you're trying to gauge the market, but extra cover slots are proving to be far too expensive. I'm not going to mention just how much money I've spent on Marvel Puzzle Quest. All I will say is that I am glad to support the team behind this app that I am really enjoying, but I'll be honest when I say that I haven't purchased an extra slot since the price hike, nor will I until something improves in that department. Sorry guys. This simply isn't worth it at the moment.

This goes back to the "Preview Edition" thing. They're working on tweaking all aspects of the game - including finding the "sweet spot" for all of their pricing. They're not trying to scam you for more money as much as they are trying to keep it from being "too easy" to get cover slots and buy your way to the top.

Quite frankly, I find this to be one of the most balanced games that claims to be F2P. Sure, you can dump TONS of $$$ into the game and buy a top team - but that takes all of the fun out of any game. If nobody can offer you a challenge, then why play any longer - and you've just wasted all of that money.

I'm waiting for just the right moment to spend money on this game (haven't spent any yet). I have a great team that I can regularly place high in the tounaments. It was not always this way - I had to gind ISO the hard way, get the **** rewards in brackets, and be the guy that the veteran players beat on in the SHIELD Simulator and PvP/E.

My personal opinion as a now veteran player - suck it up. If you can't buy your way to the top because you don't have unlimited money then get it the hard way like everyone else did. If they just give YOU everything to make the game easier - they give it to EVERYONE and we would all be at the same place we are now.

Any other questions, just ask in here or PM me. Just remember, I'm blunt - not a jerk. I'll help as much as I can.