Event Length and Locked Rosters -- Dev Feedback Needed

Options
13»

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks Brigby!

I had the idea of setting a deadline for these percentage based events, where they would end regardless of percentage so that thy never overlap with other coalition events, it would solve the problem for good.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team regarding roster swaps, and our opinion is that if coalitions want to coordinate to the extent of actively swapping players out back and forth between events, then we welcome that level of competitiveness.

The reason we originally did not condone it was due to the exploit, which allowed coalitions to benefit from roster swaps by unfairly boosting their event points. Now that the exploit is closed, we do not see any detriment or unfair advantage to this kind of action.

(Well, besides the detriment of making your coalition leader do extra work. icon_lol.gif )

To answer OP's question though:
    bken1234 wrote:
    If this event were to overlap with the weekend event, how would we switch out people on our rosters?
    In the short term, the plan is to avoid running two coalition events at the same time, so roster swapping in the middle of an event would be unavailable.

Are there plans to add a reserve bench then to allow casual coalitions the same ability?
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Are there plans to add a reserve bench then to allow casual coalitions the same ability?

You sure are putting a lot of effort into arguing a case for the sake of coalitions who are too "casual" (your word) to be bothered doing something that's already quite straightforward. I would expect the space of coalitions who couldn't be bothered swapping out players but also care a lot if they're a player down occasionally is very, very narrow.

Personally I'd leave (temporarily) if I was going to be without internet for a while or something no matter how casual my coalition, it's just polite. It doesn't seem like some sort of cheesy superstrategy to me. Being prepared for when it happens is just being organised.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't need a reserve bench. You just need a spreadsheet, some form of communication, and some proactivity.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't really need to implement a "reserve bench" into the app itself, when the more competitive coalitions already figured out how to use other apps to coordinate with fellow members online. If other coalitions haven't figured that out, then they probably aren't competitive enough.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    You don't really need to implement a "reserve bench" into the app itself, when the more competitive coalitions already figured out how to use other apps to coordinate with fellow members online. If other coalitions haven't figured that out, then they probably aren't competitive enough.

Exactly, every coalition can have a reserve bench, can they not? The casual ones just choose not to because they don't need it. I'm sure the coalition you're in OhBoy has the potential to set up a reserve bench.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why on Earth would they need to add that feature and what's stopping casual coalitions from operating this way?

It isn't some big complicated thing. It's simply making sure the players who want out are out and the ones who want in are in before rosters lock. My switches started as soon as everyone claimed last night. They handle it among themselves and our captain doesn't have to do anything.