Event Length and Locked Rosters -- Dev Feedback Needed

Options

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I take offense to the fact that everyone assumes if a coalition has more than 20 people, it's score related. My coalition has 22 because we had some long-term subs who we really liked and didn't want to cut when the full-time members came back. We now ask for 2 volunteers to play down for a rare each event. This is something we agreed on as a team so that we could continue to play every week with people who make the game fun for us -- because games are supposed to be fun.

I personally like the locking system and have had no problems ensuring that my coalition is set before the next team event takes place -- because I have the time to do that. If the rule is going to be "tough luck you play with what you have" I'd like to know that as well, so I can tell my volunteers they will be playing for a second event.

That being said, you're hijacking the purpose of my thread which is to understand what will happen if this event (or any event) overlaps with the next coalition event -- so can we please all take it down a notch so that someone will actually answer the question?

I swear some of you look for any reason to start a fight. Games should be fun.
  • Alve
    Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Alve wrote:
    Losdamianos - I don't think anyone's intention is to bring back the old system, so there's no need to talk about that. People were talking about switching players for >>different<< events when events overlap.
    Im really sorry but are we trying to find issue where there isnt any ????
    Are we talking about submitting 20 players for each coalition for each event in advance ?
    Maybe an extra screen where Leader of each coalition would choose 20 players for each event and submit it ??
    icon_lol.gif

Im struggling to take this seriously when we have bugged matches
    3.3 gideon
    deploy which takes ages to actually deploy
    fabricate animation is way too long -> when kiling first creature and 2nd creature which becomes 1st needs to be buffed for almost a minute
    crashes when energized gems are just too much for d3 to handle properly
    etc...

We all have different problems. I don't have any trouble with lags, freezes or Deploy, among other things. It doesn't mean that I laugh at people for bringing these issues up.

It's fine to argue that OP's question is purely theoretical (atm it kinda is), but please, try to be respectful.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A 20-man coalition roster, regardless of who participates, can attain a theoretical max score that is equal to 20 times the maximum points available for one person.

The previous exploit allowed you to exceed that theoretical max score by substituting in players who had completed nodes for those who had not.

The two aren't even in the same ballpark.

It doesn't matter if there's a 300-man coalition where 280 of them sit on their **** for each event, that coalition is still competing within the structure and rules of the event, which is pitting their 20 against everyone else's best 20 in an attempt to reach that maximum score.

It does matter if they're pitting their 25 against everyone else's 20 in an attempt to boost their score beyond what is actually possible with only 20 people.
  • Pestilence
    Pestilence Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel it woulda been a better option to lock individual player slots as players started their first node. That way if a member is MIA ( where did you go Shadowraith?) it won't effect the team as much.

OhBoy! Are you still beating the same dead horse? How old are you? Do you come from the participating award generation where all you have to do to win is show up? That's not how real life works. You should play the game how you like though so start a coalition get 20 people and never change roster. Just don't start crying when you are the only person left in it after a few events.
  • mmraie
    mmraie Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ohboy, it's about as ethical and fair as having 3-4 people playing on the same phone/account to QB around the clock.

pot, meet kettle
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why are we arguing about what the spirit and the intent of the coaltion system is? The dev team are here, they can tell us EXACTLY what the spirit and the intent are. Anything else is just speculation.
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mmraie wrote:
    Ohboy, it's about as ethical and fair as having 3-4 people playing on the same phone/account to QB around the clock.

pot, meet kettle

It is actually a lot more ethical than that.

That is some pretty ridiculous hypocrisy on Ohboy's part.
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JopeX37 wrote:
    mmraie wrote:

pot, meet kettle

It is actually a lot more ethical than that.

That is some pretty ridiculous hypocrisy on Ohboy's part.

So he/they complain about substitute benches "circumventing the spirit of coalitions" while himself/themselves circumvent the spirit of personal accounts by using his/their own as a coalition? Wow, the hypocrisy is strong in this one(s)...
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aliright we're all going off topic here, the original question still stands, what happens if events overlap and we have to change our roster?

We can change our roster as of right now. And we will continue to do so. This is a question that has been asked that concerns a fair amount of people.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Aliright we're all going off topic here, the original question still stands, what happens if events overlap and we have to change our roster?

We can change our roster as of right now. And we will continue to do so. This is a question that has been asked that concerns a fair amount of people.

Thank you.
  • Alve
    Options
    mmraie, JopeX37, Dologan: please, stick to the topic and refrain from personal attacks on Ohboy (or anyone else). If you feel that someone is circumventing the rules of fair play, please report that person in a private message to the team or submit an official ticket, instead of pointing fingers in public.

I also suggest to wait for the dev feedback that OP asked for. This topic has been discussed countless times and by now we pretty much know each other's opinions.

Everyone, remember to be respectful, even if you disagree on something.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alve wrote:
    mmraie, JopeX37, Dologan: please, stick to the topic and refrain from personal attacks on Ohboy (or anyone else). If you feel that someone is circumventing the rules of fair play, please report that person in a private message to the team or submit an official ticket, instead of pointing fingers in public.

I also suggest to wait for the dev feedback that OP asked for. This topic has been discussed countless times and by now we pretty much know each other's opinions.

MY EYES. THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Alve wrote:

GAHHHHHHHH IT BURRRRRRRRNS.

Now I see the power of a moderator!
  • Alve
    Options
    If you don't start sticking to the topic, I'll start handing out warnings.

Steve, If you go blind, will you stop posting? Might be the solution we've been looking for all this time! :P
  • Pestilence
    Pestilence Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hibernum_Will was on here at the time I was posting and chose not to say anything ( as usual) its nice devs are here reading posts directed at them but it would be useful to hear anything in way of feedback from them. It makes the board feel like a black hole where information goes in never to be seen again.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Pestilence wrote:
    Hibernum_Will was on here at the time I was posting and chose not to say anything ( as usual) its nice devs are here reading posts directed at them but it would be useful to hear anything in way of feedback from them. It makes the board feel like a black hole where information goes in never to be seen again.

Yeah I think we need to have a thread that's basically a QA dev thread, similar to the dev threads we already have but they answer a bunch of our common questions and concerns, up in the Marvel Puzzle Quest Forums I saw a moderator make a huge long post answering like 50 or so questions, if we could have something similar (but scaled down a bit) that would be awesome. I suppose now we just wait for the devs to respond on here.
    Alve wrote:

Steve, If you go blind, will you stop posting? Might be the solution we've been looking for all this time! icon_razz.gif

Don't count on it. and god that Burns. You don't want me to stop posting do you? icon_e_sad.gif

I would like to kindly ask you to keep it to 1 colour, a rainbow just hurts. icon_razz.gif
  • bk1234
    Options
    Alve wrote:

Steve, If you go blind, will you stop posting? Might be the solution we've been looking for all this time! icon_razz.gif

What did you do to my thread? Rainbows??? Don't you know I've had enough cheer in "other places"??
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Nitymp wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    words

So if a football team gets an injury between games they should play the next game a man down?

Similarly, if a player on the football team plays absolutely abysmally, should they still play in the next game or be subbed out for a better performer?

Does the game of football have rules on a reserve bench?

Can I just assume we can use reserves in games that don't have rules on a reserve bench?

Can I play doubles in tennis, and between sets sub in Federer as my partner?

When a game has nothing resembling a reserve bench in place, you can't just say "oh look another game uses reserves"

actually Ohboy, yes you can use reserves in a game that doesn't'use a reserve bench, at least between games.
    You can: Switch out a player in your bowling team between games. you can switch cricket players between games. you can add essentially ANYONE who was in your team last week but will play this week. So yeah you CAN sub players out between events in the real world.

you cant sub between sets as you said, but that is fixed in game. but you can sub in federer for the next event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team regarding roster swaps, and our opinion is that if coalitions want to coordinate to the extent of actively swapping players out back and forth between events, then we welcome that level of competitiveness.

The reason we originally did not condone it was due to the exploit, which allowed coalitions to benefit from roster swaps by unfairly boosting their event points. Now that the exploit is closed, we do not see any detriment or unfair advantage to this kind of action.

(Well, besides the detriment of making your coalition leader do extra work. icon_lol.gif )

To answer OP's question though:
    bken1234 wrote:
    If this event were to overlap with the weekend event, how would we switch out people on our rosters?
    In the short term, the plan is to avoid running two coalition events at the same time, so roster swapping in the middle of an event would be unavailable.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, Brigby!