Question on shields

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So when you are shielded:

1) You get attacked and lose but don't lose points
2) If you win a defensive battle you gain points

But if the guy who attacks you wins, he gains points?
So the only way to bring a guy down is to hit him while he is still open?

Comments

• Yes, he gains points you just don't loose them.
  • You also won't be seen in normal matchmaking unless someone already has you in their fight queue.
  • bahukma wrote:
    You also won't be seen in normal matchmaking unless someone already has you in their fight queue.

Can people please stop spreading this rumor? The chance is greatly minimized, but you do not become completely invisible.
  • I've heard this many times and assumed it was true.

Are we sure you can still be seen?
  • aboudreau wrote:
    I've heard this many times and assumed it was true.

I've been attacked multiple times by the same person while shielded (none of which were retaliations), and I've also attacked people whose scores didn't change, and they appeared less frequently on my rotation than others. It's clear that shielding greatly reduces visibility, but does not make you invisible.

There may be a "fade time" associated with shielding where you become untargetable after awhile, because it's true that I almost never get attacked after the first couple hours of shielding, but we'll never know for sure.
  • Celerity wrote:
    aboudreau wrote:
    I've heard this many times and assumed it was true.

I've been attacked multiple times by the same person while shielded (none of which were retaliations), and I've also attacked people whose scores didn't change, and they appeared less frequently on my rotation than others. It's clear that shielding greatly reduces visibility, but does not make you invisible.

There may be a "fade time" associated with shielding where you become untargetable after awhile, because it's true that I almost never get attacked after the first couple hours of shielding, but we'll never know for sure.

If we were to get some "final say" as to how they actually worked then I would have no choice but to agree with your anecdotal evidence. As it is, I can only speak from personal experience. In the last month I've only been attacked (non-retaliation) while shielded 2-3 times. This is what lead me to believe that shielding makes you effectively invisible.