Tokens can't be bounced anymore

Options
Dlee610
Dlee610 Posts: 22
Token creatures can no longer be sent back with cards like gone missing or lash wood lurker. I hope this is just a bug or tokens have just become much more powerful.

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nooooooooo!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Actually this works correctly. I used just the wind on a dragon token and it killed it. Whew!
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is intentional, not a bug. It was in the patch notes.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    You guys are wrong. You can bounce kill tokens. At least in iOS you can.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You guys are wrong. You can bounce kill tokens. At least in iOS you can.

No. They are correct.

Read the v1.91 patch notes. Gone Missing and Lashweed Lurker no longer bounces tokens back to top of the deck.

Just the Wind bounces tokens back to opponent's hand if there is less than 6 cards. It is not changed in v1.91.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah I'm super bummed about the Lashweed Lurker nerf. I wonder why they did it. In MtG sending a token to anywhere but the battlefield destroys it. Seems weird to change the rules just for this game. Why have hand bounce and deck bounce work differently?
  • JagerDemon
    JagerDemon Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can say with certainty that gone missing does not work on zombie tokens. I just lost a holiday showdown round because I could not target the 16/16 zombie with 2 gone missings in my hand that were full of mana...
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tokens can be returned to hand/deck in paper magic the gathering. I would like clarification as to why they changed it for PQ. Gone Missing and Lashweed Lurker are basically worthless now
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Disperse, Displacement Wave, and Harbinger of the Tides all properly kill tokens. This change was limited to Gone Missing and Lashweed Lurker.
  • kinomoto
    Options
    It feels like they should have changed the text on these two cards to read "target non-token creature". Just to make it clear.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    roil spout can't seem to target tokens as well.

HH