Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Spider-Gwen

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
My Gwen is 3/5/1. I've gotten so many duplicate red covers, I think she's the character with the most covers I've had to sell.

Previous Runs

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed it with an 0/2/2 Gwen last time. I'm looking forward to a much easier time with my 0/5/5 Gwen.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2/1/0 came up short last time, but my 4/2/1 should manage this.

Unless the Miles update makes him too good now? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've surprisingly won last time with my 1/3/0 (level 111) Gwen. Now she stands at 3/5/3 (level 200) so I should be a able to repeat my victory. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I couldn't win with 0/1/2 last time, this time I'm hoping I'll have a better chance with 1/1/3 (or 1/1/4 if I get to the progression in the Hunt early enough).

Oh and I forgot to plug my thread for lowest Gwenners:
    Level 90, 0/2/1 by CT1888 with +2r/y, +50%r/y, +100%all
    Level 94, 2/1/1 by AntiLeni
    Level 111, 1/3/0 by Wonko33 -- no boosts!
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 1/2/2 was good enough last time. Oddly, given my 4* crew has been growing rapidly, she is still 1/2/2. At least some levels from The Hunt progression will help.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only got 7 covers for my Spider Gwen, but she's a 1/5/1. The extra one from The Hunt probably won't help much other than giving her a few more levels, but I think the 5 red is about as good as you can hope for in this case.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gwen and Kingpin are my unicorns. After I hit the 4* progression this morning in The Hunt, she's still a paltry 1/0/5, same as Kingpin. However, she's substantially worse at that build, too. icon_lol.gif

I might try a stupid ISO dump and boost the snot out of her, but I'm not hopeful!

Edit: Rulk and Kate have graced my roster with 13 covers now. A slim prayer at a lottery ticket at the expense of leveling those two? Not worth it. Gwen, y u do dis?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was able to pull it off with a lvl 152 1/5/2 last time after a couple of tries, so hopefully my 155, 2/5/4 will go quicker this time. Definitely a red power fight. If you don’t have any, don’t bother spending the ISO on her. Even so, I couldn’t do it the first time with 0/4/1 at lvl 131.

Has the rebalance for Miles hit yet? That may be a factor.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Gwen is still 2/5/5 and I have two yellows expiring in my queue... hopefully I'll get a Purple Before they expire.
    Still, with 5 red this shouldn't be a problem. It wasn't last time as I recall.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any chance for a 1/1/1? Any suggestions for trying with this build?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll wrote:
    At a max level of 78, I think you'd have to pray hard to RNGesus and the Cascade Gods to win... honestly my 1/0/5 probably has a better chance with boosts. That red can't be doing that much at 1 cover, level 78, can it?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but at level 70, my Gwen would be doing 1500 damage if she had a red cover. Miles has about 14k hit points for his Crash. She also only has 3779 hit points at 70. Odds aren't good. Miles can toast you with a single 6 AP Venom Blast and a little match damage. Cousin Simpson has a few people who have done it, CT1888's success story is a good one to check out, but I don't know that I'd burn the boosts myself.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    broll wrote:
    At a max level of 78, I think you'd have to pray hard to RNGesus and the Cascade Gods to win... honestly my 1/0/5 probably has a better chance with boosts. That red can't be doing that much at 1 cover, level 78, can it?

I had a 0/1/2 leveled to 90, and I never got particularly close.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ended up taking 5 tries, last 2 with r/y boosted, but my 1/5/3 120 Gwen pulled it off. Was just having too hard of a time collecting enough red before he either went invisible or stunned me to death.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I've surprisingly won last time with my 1/3/0 (level 111) Gwen. Now she stands at 3/5/3 (level 200) so I should be a able to repeat my victory. icon_e_wink.gif
    No troubles for me! My Gwen did it on first attempt without using any boosts. I had an incredible starting board which gave 6 red AP after my first move. The rest was a merely formality: I denied red under any circumstances while Miles was collecting purple & yellow. Miles launched his "Hide & Seek" (and matched the invisibility tile in his following turn away) and "Power & Responsibility" which flooded the board with web tiles. These tiles lowered the AP cost for Gwen`s "Cherry Bomb" to 6 red AP so I was able to use it twice. Poor Miles didn`t stand a chance!

LT is stockpiled.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L141, 0/5/5 Spider-Gwen

Managed on 3rd attempt. First 2 no boosts, purple heavy board.

3rd was with +2 R/Y, +2 All. Hit by one venom blast, and let Miles get off one P&R. At that point, game over: Yellow, Red, Red.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally beat it on my 9th try with my level 165 1/2/5 Gwen (RNG - please stop giving me Gwen yellow covers!!!) using 2ry/2p/2all AP boosts. I got him within one Cherry Bomb away from KO a few times, but he would always magically place his invisibility tile in the one spot that couldn't be matched. Finally got lucky with a red heavy board and was able to throw out four Cherry Bombs in a row to finish him.
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    First try: He got a match-5 purple followed by a match-4 purple. Invisibility tile in the perfect right-bottom corner. Retreat.
    Second try: Piece of cake, denying purple gave me 24 tiles, collected a bunch of red, waited for him to shoot a couple of its power and stunned/punched him to death.

L168 3/2/4 Gwen

Got a greenflag.pngicon_x23.png, now 5/3/5
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I was able to pull it off with a lvl 152 1/5/2 last time after a couple of tries, so hopefully my 155, 2/5/4 will go quicker this time. Definitely a red power fight. If you don’t have any, don’t bother spending the ISO on her. Even so, I couldn’t do it the first time with 0/4/1 at lvl 131.

Has the rebalance for Miles hit yet? That may be a factor.

Got it my 2nd try. First time his invisible tile was impossible to reach and Surprise just wrecked me. 2nd time he kept matching away his own invisible tile and I was able to nail twice with Cherry Bomb. LT was another Champ level for Quake.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My SpGwen is now 133 5/5/3, so I expected a win out of this one. Strat was to deny purple first, then red and yellow. First attempt was a mess -- got a terrible board, couldn't match anything I needed, Miles cascaded into everything. (Although I did learn that SpGwen can stun Miles while he's invisible.)

Second attempt I picked up plenty of purple to chain-stun Miles while I stocked up red and yellow. Laid down web tiles, hit him with 2x red, game over.

Reward: redflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png (aka 1000 ISO, since I'm not champing her anytime soon)
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It took 6 tries and I had to bring my 2/2/5 Gwen up too level 160 to do it.
    I got a drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.png bringing him to 2/1/2 very happy.