Planeswalker prices increased?

Options
gulgoth
gulgoth Posts: 73
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Koth is 295 now, was always 250 before.
Nahiri is 650 now and pretty sure she was 600 or less before.

Was this intentional because that's just stupid.

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nahiri was 550, Koth was 250.

sad that they've increased.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Nahiri was 550, Koth was 250.

sad that they've increased.

And sneaky - where was this announcement?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Inflation sucks. I blame Brexit.
  • octal9
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    And sneaky - where was this announcement?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only thing resembling a hint of this was Chandra2 being available for 295 on the Kaladesh preview @ mtggoldfish.
  • gulgoth
    Options
    Also the FAQ saying when planeswalkers rotate out is wrong now. Gideon 2 is not in vault anymore for me.

I see they updated the FAQ but earlier today it said he was supposed to leave the 29th. Instead he just poofed and you guys removed him from FAQ. That's kinda messed up IMO.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a slap in the face.
    No real reason to increase planeswalker prices.
    The fact is unannounced adds insult to injury but I am getting used to it.
  • Abbot_Nalaar
    Abbot_Nalaar Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Stop crying like salty lil newbs and go get crystals.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably a consequence of how quickly they're turning around events, meaning lots of free mana crystals every day. They also announced today that they're going to start running events concurrently, which means even more free crystals. I wouldn't be surprised if the price of packs goes up soon too.
  • gulgoth
    Options

Is not being salty, its worrying about the future of the game. Old planeswalkers should NEVER go up in price. They should go down in price as time passes or stay same price no matter if they increase crystals given. This creates an environment where the rich get richer and discourages new players which will cause attrition of player base to the detriment of the game.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gulgoth wrote:

Is not being salty, its worrying about the future of the game. Old planeswalkers should NEVER go up in price. They should go down in price as time passes or stay same price no matter if they increase crystals given. This creates an environment where the rich get richer and discourages new players which will cause attrition of player base to the detriment of the game.

i agree. Most early mtgpq players like me have already purchased all the older PW at the earlier and lower prices. This increase will affect mostly the new players.

Early players now have a huge lead in both mythic cards and PW, which newcomers will find hard or even possible to catch up.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    gulgoth wrote:

i agree. Most early mtgpq players like me have already purchased all the older PW at the earlier and lower prices. This increase will affect mostly the new players.

I think that still remains to be seen. I don't have the numbers off hand, but it looks like (and I'm looking at this on platinum mastery) we've been able to get 55 mana crystals every day this week from the events. They've already mentioned they want to keep up tight event rotation and getting multiple events to run at the same time, which would mean even more free mana crystals. So if prices went up by 50 crystals, but the amount of potential crystals you can earn went up even more, then it's possible that these will now be even easier to get than before.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    even if were getting that many a day it still takes a long time to save for a PW or a big box. I was considering buying a 500 crystal pack in order to purchase nahiri as other than Saheeli and Dovin she is the only PW I don't have.
    Adding an extra hundred crystals to her price makes me want to say screw you, and I won't be spending the money, i'll continue to grind and I can buy her. hopefully she won't disappear from the vault with out notice before I can do that.
  • octal9
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    hopefully she won't disappear from the vault with out notice before I can do that.
    she should be exiting January 12th.
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I believe someone mentioned the original five walkers cost quite a bit more now too. I think it was 10 crystals for all of them (except free Nissa) and now it's 50. Can anyone confirm?
  • Rob216
    Rob216 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The originals cost me 10 each. I started playing later in November
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You "new players" aren't going to like this; originally we all started with the five basic planeswalkers icon_razz.gif

The game is evolving all the time. Prices go up and cards get nerfed. It happens.