Holiday Gift?

Options
Shadow76
Shadow76 Posts: 30
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Does anyone know the card pool the holiday gift cards are pulling from? So far I've gotten a **** rare and 2 uncommons, all black. I get waiting 24 hours for a possible rare but what chances do I really have? And why have they all been black? Aren't green and red holiday colors?

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm guessing the same as free booster, I've had a kaladesh
    on one of mine.

HH
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shadow76 wrote:
    Does anyone know the card pool the holiday gift cards are pulling from? So far I've gotten a **** rare and 2 uncommons, all black. I get waiting 24 hours for a possible rare but what chances do I really have? And why have they all been black? Aren't green and red holiday colors?

One in 36 people share your problem I think.

I've not gotten a rare yet.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is interesting psychology going on. I think more people would be more happy not ever knowing the holiday gifts exist then to get a duplicate uncommon.
  • Shadow76
    Options
    It has to be a different card pool, otherwise it makes no sense. We get 3 free cards every 8 hours. So why would we have to wait 24 hours for 1 additional card?
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Shadow76 wrote:
    It has to be a different card pool, otherwise it makes no sense. We get 3 free cards every 8 hours. So why would we have to wait 24 hours for 1 additional card?

There are no commons in the gift pool. Should only be Rare/Mythic though.
  • Shadow76
    Options
    Well there is definitely uncommons in the card pool. Anyone want to brag about their pull from the holiday gift? I'd like to know someone got something good.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    BayTamago wrote:
    Shadow76 wrote:

Uncommon or better.
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    BayTamago wrote:
    Shadow76 wrote:

Uncommon or better.

Yea. I know. I was stating that uncommons shouldn't be there either though.

If it was Rare/Mythic only, a lot more people would have a chance to benefit from the gifts. As it is, I'm getting better pulls from my freebie pack.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    BayTamago wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    BayTamago wrote:
    Shadow76 wrote:

Uncommon or better.

Yea. I know. I was stating that uncommons shouldn't be there either though.

If it was Rare/Mythic only, a lot more people would have a chance to benefit from the gifts. As it is, I'm getting better pulls from my freebie pack.

Why not just go for broke and say they should only by exclusive mythics?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like that it's uncommon+.(I didn't realise that)

for newer players, not getting certain uncommon cards
    can be a real nuisance. for those with big decks it's
    going to be many dupes as they can't be that
    generous for merely logging in.

rolling the dice is not much fun if every roll is a win?

HH
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    This is interesting psychology going on. I think more people would be more happy not ever knowing the holiday gifts exist then to get a duplicate uncommon.

It might help if more of the uncommons were even remotely playable, since with the release of Kaladesh, a lot of us are still getting new ones and not just dupes.