Pairing with OML- BSSM vs SS

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So I recently brought my BSSM to level 435 as a 5,4,3 build and I have my SS as a 5,5,2 build at 435 and I have a championed OML. I am just starting to figure out how to play BSSM correctly and want to know what advice you have as well as if I am pairing them correctly.
PVP impression. So for PVP playing BSSM with OML my 5* tank all colors. This is good so I don't have to use any health packs on the 3* character baring an AOE or Major cascade of death. The key in BSSM seems to be fire his green then match as match and fire his blue as much as possible. The down side is collecting Green causes BSSM to take 5* match damage. BSSM purple is a good deferent on defense as it reduces strike tile damage so single 5* players with OML or Phoenix will skip. 5* players will not really care. With BSSM you will use health packs on him but when he gets rolling he is nasty. SS with his true healing is probably better for climbing but BSSM is better for hoping and defense.
PVE adding IM40 makes BSSM so much better. You can also run Hood if you want. The key is IM40 can charge your Green and blue so BSSM does not take nearly the match damage leaving OML to absorb more match damage. SS main benefit is his true healing and health pack savings. Overall it feels like the 3rd player seems play a big part in making BSSM much better in my opinion.
Is there another way people like to play BSSM?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    So I recently brought my BSSM to level 435 as a 5,4,3 build and I have my SS as a 5,5,2 build at 435 and I have a championed OML. I am just starting to figure out how to play BSSM correctly and want to know what advice you have as well as if I am pairing them correctly.
    PVP impression. So for PVP playing BSSM with OML my 5* tank all colors. This is good so I don't have to use any health packs on the 3* character baring an AOE or Major cascade of death. The key in BSSM seems to be fire his green then match as match and fire his blue as much as possible. The down side is collecting Green causes BSSM to take 5* match damage. BSSM purple is a good deferent on defense as it reduces strike tile damage so single 5* players with OML or Phoenix will skip. 5* players will not really care. With BSSM you will use health packs on him but when he gets rolling he is nasty. SS with his true healing is probably better for climbing but BSSM is better for hoping and defense.
    PVE adding IM40 makes BSSM so much better. You can also run Hood if you want. The key is IM40 can charge your Green and blue so BSSM does not take nearly the match damage leaving OML to absorb more match damage. SS main benefit is his true healing and health pack savings. Overall it feels like the 3rd player seems play a big part in making BSSM much better in my opinion.

Not having 5 purple for BSSM hurts you a bit since he doesn't eliminate all strike damage. I play all 3 of them in Shield Sim. In normal PvP, if I'm playing against OML/PHX, then I bring BSSM along. If I'm not facing strike tile generators, I'm more likely to bring in SS for the true healing.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't use BSS too often as a second, as he seems to get pounded frequently. As a third, in Sim or off-season event, he rocks, and I use him all the time there.
  • wymtime
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Not having 5 purple for BSSM hurts you a bit since he doesn't eliminate all strike damage. I play all 3 of them in Shield Sim. In normal PvP, if I'm playing against OML/PHX, then I bring BSSM along. If I'm not facing strike tile generators, I'm more likely to bring in SS for the true healing.
    My poor Phoenix is 5,3,3 so the wrong build icon_e_sad.gif
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you have a Phoenix, try IM40, BSS, Phoenix. Once Recharge goes off, fire everything. (Automotive Artillery - Psychic Flames - Psychic Rapport - Tae Kweb Do - Tae Kweb Do - Tae Kweb Do). It's especially good against opponents with nasty passives like Rhulk and Xfool.

My BSS is only level 300 but this team still takes down almost anyone.

BSS is also good with Miles and Gwen. All three characters have a stun, so BSS stays invisible and gets the bonus damage from Tae Kweb Do a lot.
  • wymtime
    Options
    xidragonxi wrote:
    If you have a Phoenix, try IM40, BSS, Phoenix. Once Recharge goes off, fire everything. (Automotive Artillery - Psychic Flames - Psychic Rapport - Tae Kweb Do - Tae Kweb Do - Tae Kweb Do). It's especially good against opponents with nasty passives like Rhulk and Xfool.

My BSS is only level 300 but this team still takes down almost anyone.

BSS is also good with Miles and Gwen. All three characters have a stun, so BSS stays invisible and gets the bonus damage from Tae Kweb Do a lot.
    I will try that my Phoenix is only level 360 but this team sounds like fun