[Poll] Re-rolling Rare/Mythics in packs

Options
Reaganstorme
Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Had an idea where you could use some kind of resource, Runes or Crystals, say, to re-roll a Rare or Mythic you receive from a pack for the chance to receive a different one you may not have yet.

Obviously, pricing such a feature would be a challenge to get right, but for initial arguments sake, lets limit the feature as follows:
  • Can ony purchase a re-roll ONCE per card.
  • If purchased with Runes, would cost 500x the cost of the pack you purchased with crystals. (IE re-rolling a Rare from a 600 Crystal Big Box would cost 30,000 Runes)
  • If purchased with Crystals, would cost half the cost of the the pack you purchased. (IE re-rolling a Rare from a 600 Crystal Big Box would cost 300 Crystals).
  • If purchased with both Runes and Crystals, would be half of each cost listed above. (IE re-rolling a Rare from a 600 Crystal Big Box would cost 15,000 Runes and 150 Crystals).
  • Lastly, re-rolling Mythics would be double these prices.

These numbers are purely hypothetical starting points to start the discussion rolling. They should be non-trivial costs to encourage developer support, but also non-gouging to prevent consumer disgust and product abandonment.

Would this incentivise pack purchasing at the middle or lower pack sizes due to the cheaper re-roll cost? I can only see that as value for the developer, as bigger packs have higher chances of Rares and Mythics, but possibly higher rates of investment for re-rolls.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I would actually prefer a "discover" mechanic and the best part is that the screen is already built into the game thanks to cards that let you "pick" a card to discard or fetch.

When a rare or mythic drop is triggered in a pack opening, I would love the ability to pick from 3-5 options from that tier of card.

It would reduce the duplicate frustration and also make sure it is a meaningful and exciting card that you get.
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think if they were to implement such a system, it would be fairer to reroll the entire pack. That way if you pulled a new rare but nothing else, you would have to weigh the options of keeping a guaranteed new card or trying to get a more useful mythic.