Another week without Kaladesh

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I was really hoping that we would get Kaladesh this week. Free us from the moon prison of EMN and unleash the Desh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• SellerSloan
    Options
    agreed, I have way too many crystals burning a hole in my iap pocket
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thalia is still locked as an event reward. Don't expect the new set until all the event rewards have been given out.

But my guess is we will see Kaladesh out before the end of the year, possibly before Christmas.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But my guess is we will see Kaladesh out before the end of the year, possibly before Christmas.

Awesome... the new mechanics in it will probably be working by February then!
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thalia is still locked as an event reward. Don't expect the new set until all the event rewards have been given out.

Are we certain that Thalia will be from an event? Gisa and Gerald as well as Gisela were both marked as exclusives and they were purchasable with real money. Either way, I'm looking forward to a card that can shut down Olivia!

Also I think you're right. When you look at the delay from the paper release of Eldritch Moon and the digital release in Puzzle Quest, it was almost exactly three months, so that would put Kaladesh in Puzzle Quest around the 20th of this month if the same cycle holds.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Options
    wereotter wrote:

Are we certain that Thalia will be from an event? Gisa and Gerald as well as Gisela were both marked as exclusives and they were purchasable with real money. Either way, I'm looking forward to a card that can shut down Olivia!

There is a little note above each exclusive card saying if it will be an event reward or a special offer. The one above Thalia says that she will be an event reward. GnG's and Gisela's specifically said they would be special offers.
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wereotter wrote:

Also I think you're right. When you look at the delay from the paper release of Eldritch Moon and the digital release in Puzzle Quest, it was almost exactly three months, so that would put Kaladesh in Puzzle Quest around the 20th of this month if the same cycle holds.

Locked Rares are event rewards

Locked Mythics are purchasable exclusives.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    This seems unrealistically optimistic. We still have bugged EMN destroy effects...
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chavez303 wrote:
    wereotter wrote:

Oh of course! Mythic vs rare. Forgot about that
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,228 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Chavez303 wrote:
    wereotter wrote:

Oh of course! Mythic vs rare. Forgot about that

Though in the past, there were some purchaseable rares, such as Shrine of the Forsaken Gods.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes but it is specifically stated that Thalia is an event reward when you view it in your cards.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:

cup half full aren't we? I am guessing it's the Xmas spirit.